Pregnancy 2010 - June

Options

Replies

• yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I had my 24 week appointment last Thursday and only gained two pounds this month! I hope I can keep the trend. I have gained 20 lbs so far and stil have the rest of my pregnancy to go. Everyone says I look great, but I feel pretty "big". I'm only 5'2", so 158 lbs really shows. I'm hoping now that school's out I can focus on eating healthy all the time.
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

I'm kind of lurking on this board :-) I have a 17 month old girl, and have been thinking about TTC this summer/eraly fall. But I wanted to reply to your worries about child care. We live in Alexandria, VA, in the DC suburbs-a very expensive area (we live in the rock bottom cheapest-rent apartments and rent a one bedroom apt for $1100) and when I first started the childcare search, I was very discouraged because it seemed all daycares ran between 1200-1700 per month full-time. I ended up looking on or county's website where you can search for home daycares by zipcode. Home daycare is a MUCH cheaper option, and they generally are more flexible if you are running late, etc. I found a wonderful woman who has a home daycare with about 5 kids at a time, and my daughter goes to her 2 days a week (I work 3 days a week) She charges $30 for 8 hrs and $35 for 10 hrs. Very cheap by this areas standards. Sadly, she is moving in August, so now I have to begin the search again! Good luck to you and see if your county licenses home daycares--if so they probably do the background checks, provide training and inspections, etc.

Kate
    Hormones are kicking and I feel constantly overwhelmed. :-( I have a major test in two months that I basically have to learn a years worth of schooling in order to pass in those two months. :-( My hubby and I just went over our finances, and even though we only need childcare for two days a week after I return to work, after our new budget we only have an extra $400 a month! How am I going to pay for any kind of childcare for $50 a day?! We're praying to find a couple who wants to do a childcare swap (we watch their kids two days a week and they watch ours two days a week) but so far we haven't had any luck. :-( All this is falling on my anniversary weekend when we have all these plans that take money ... and even though the money is set aside for our anniversary I feel so guilty spending it which is taking the joy out of the weekend. I hate feeling so depressed! I want my normal hormone level back!!!!
  • yessie75
    Options
    Childcare is one of the toughest and most important decisions you ever going to make . I've had good experiences and bad experiences. With my first one,I was able to stay home her first year and then her dad and I had oppossite schedules. That was 13 years ago! My second one was born in June 2007, which was great for me because I'm a teacher and stayed with her until school started, then my mom flew in from Miami and helped until October. I had a friend of mine lined-up to babysit for the rest of the school year. I thought I "knew" this friend, but soon found out she wasn't the best option for my baby. I don't want to go into details, but I was not happy with the care my child was receiving. One day, I picked her up a little earlier than usual and I heard her crying from outside. At first it didn't worry me, but I was knocking at the door and ringing the bell and no one answered for about 10 minutes. She was crying nonstop! Finally, her 4 year old daughter heard me and ran down to the basement to tell her mother someone was at the door. She rushed upstairs, got the baby and opened the door. Arianna's face was beet red and she made some lame excused that she was doing laundry. Personally, I think she was online. That same night I called my mom and asked her to come back until the end of the school year. She was back in March and it was a lifesaver. That summer, I interviewed about 6 home care candidates at their homes. I wasn't very excited about the prospects, until one day I got on Craigslist and saw an entry for my current babysitter. We visited her at her house and felt very comfortable with the environment. She's a teacher that's staying home with her two little ones and has the knowledge and background to provide age-appropriate activities and care. She also takes care of two other teachers' kids and we have been with her for 2 years. Arianna loves her and has blossomed under her care. We pay $125.00 a week, which we have on a flex plan. She provides breakfast, lunch and two snacks.
    Sorry this post is so long, but I wanted to share my babysitting experience and hope this helps someone. I am not fond of daycare centers. I worked in some of them when I was younger, so has my mom, and it was not an option for us.
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    So they finally scheduled my c-section today. I will have my little girl on July 1st! I have only 20 days to prepare for her homecoming!! :bigsmile:

How exciting! Do you like knowing when it's going to happen? It seems like in a way it would be fun to have an official count down. I know when it gets close to my due date it's going to be hard to go anywhere without my husband, or have him leave me alone anywhere. haha

Haha, it would be nice to know when she's coming but she surprised us all. I scheduled the appointment on Thursday, I went into labor on Saturday and we are home now. SURPRISE MOM!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I woke up on Saturday and had bright red blood gushing out so I called 911 and they took me to the nearest hospital. The bleeding slowed a little but I was having contractions and I was 36 weeks so they decided to deliver her. Since we were both stable, the c-section was nice and calm. I had a spinal and everything went smoothly except they had to make a T-incision because when they were trying to get her out she turned and got stuck! So no VBAC for me She weighed 6lbs and 10oz. Her apgars were 7 and 9! She never had to go to NICU and she roomed-in with me the whole time! We just came home today and everything is going well. Now we have to pack up the house because we are moving on Saturday to our new house! Wow, what a week!!
    32235_456414529898_625174898_609436.jpg
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies I woke up on Saturday and had bright red blood gushing out so I called 911 and they took me to the nearest hospital. The bleeding slowed a little but I was having contractions and I was 36 weeks so they decided to deliver her. Since we were both stable, the c-section was nice and calm. I had a spinal and everything went smoothly except they had to make a T-incision because when they were trying to get her out she turned and got stuck! So no VBAC for me She weighed 6lbs and 10oz. Her apgars were 7 and 9! She never had to go to NICU and she roomed-in with me the whole time! We just came home today and everything is going well. Now we have to pack up the house because we are moving on Saturday to our new house! Wow, what a week!!
    32235_456414529898_625174898_609436.jpg

She is beautiful! Congratulations!!!!!!!!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Baby looks just perfect!

Well guys, gained 3.3lbs this week. :-( I was bad over the weekend for my anniversary, so I'm not surprised at all.

Pre-pregnancy: 162lbs
    Current: 177.5lbs
    Total gain: 15.5

P.S. my docs scale said 179 last time I was in so ... we'll see what they say next appt. Time to be good!

WHAT DOES EVERYONE DO FOR LUNCHES? I need some ideas for foods to take to work for lunch. Thanks!
  • yessie75
    Options
    Congratulations yolie!!!!
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    YEAH for the new baby!!!! ADORABLE!!

I've officially gained 20lbs in the this pregnancy. I lost 2 lbs from last week though based on my scale.....not sure how that happened - I'm eating!

Went to the doc this morning and my belly measured perfect....I start now on the more regular doc visits. She'll be here before you know it!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options

Well guys, gained 3.3lbs this week. :-( I was bad over the weekend for my anniversary, so I'm not surprised at all.

P.S. my docs scale said 179 last time I was in so ... we'll see what they say next appt. Time to be good!

WHAT DOES EVERYONE DO FOR LUNCHES? I need some ideas for foods to take to work for lunch. Thanks!

You look great and don't worry about 3 pounds. You are doing great and 15 pounds is not much. With my first I gained 50! And I really eat well. My Dr. said that some people you can work out and eat awesome and still gain 50 pounds which was my case! Keep up the good work!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS yolie! She is just adorable!!
    Angela, don't worry too much, you still look beautiful, you'll probably lose all those extra pounds in labor.
    Since you measured your starting wait on the same scale as your current weight, I wouldn't worry too much about the doc's scale. They all vary anyway. 15 lbs is actually REALLY good from what I've seen.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    My doc just made it sound like there were so many complications that could occur if I gained too much weight. And they only wanted me to gain 20-25lbs this pregnancy! I’m not even in my 3rd trimester yet! I also don’t want to gain a whole bunch of weight that won’t be going away after Ayden is born that I have to try and lose. I feel gross and uncomfortable and don’t like it!

Does anyone have any recommendations for good foods low in sugar? I have been going over my sugar regularly, but it’s all coming from veggies, fruits, bread, milk, etc. Not from candy etc. Also I’m getting sick of eating the same few things for lunch every day. What does everyone do for work lunches?
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new addtion!!!!

Angela - I try to alternate between grilled chicken breast (I will eat them plain, on some bread with a little cheese and tomato sauce, or on a salad), soup, and turkey sandwhiches. I am not sure if that helps, but thats my usual lunch.

So...it always seems like Aunt Flo comes so quickly. Of course this month...I feel like it is taking FOREVER. Am I or aren't I....that is the question.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    how late are you?
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the little angel. How are you feeling? All the best to your family!

Angela - I still think you look great. How are you feeling physically? What is the OB saying about the baby's health?

Tahmed - I'm with you! I'm now on CD 18 and can't wait to be able to start testing!

Question for the group - did you know you were preggo before you tested, and if so - how? And how early?
  • sarahgallienne81
    Options
    Hi All, Hubby and I will be TTCing, from this month, although i did come off BCP last Sept, AF has only just shown herself now. Having a bad time with this one, lots of stomach cramps, sicky feelings and Bad Back Ache, just wishing it was for a different reason than just having AF x
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

Angela - I usually eat cereal for breakfast, a Yoplait yogurt for a 11:00 snack, lunch sometimes consists of either a half of sandwich and a cup of soup or a cliff bar and another yogurt. Yesterday I had Quizno's - a small sub, bag of baked chips and an ice tea. Today I ate some soft serve yogurt mixed with bananas and strawberries and some Fatoush a coworker made for everyone. Hope that helps!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Congratulations on the little angel. How are you feeling? All the best to your family!

Angela - I still think you look great. How are you feeling physically? What is the OB saying about the baby's health?

Tahmed - I'm with you! I'm now on CD 18 and can't wait to be able to start testing!

Question for the group - did you know you were preggo before you tested, and if so - how? And how early?

I feel fat. haha, I feel rolls everywhere, my back hurts, my clothes don't fit, etc. :-( The main thing that is bothering me is the ligament stretching which can get really really bad, especially at night when I'm not moving regularly, and back pain. Other than that I'm fine, still getting nauseas in the mornings, but not as bad as the first trimester and no vomitting yet. :-)

The OB says the babies measurements are fine, heart beat is fine, uterus is measuring normal.

I definately knew before the test showed possitive. For one thing I continued having vaginal discharge all month which I normally have for only the fertile period. I had a little plantation cramping ... Man I have a whole list at home, I can't remember what else was on the list ... I just remember my first pregnancy test was negative. haha (and it was one that was supposed to detect 5 days sooner)
  • 00Angela00
    Options

Angela - I usually eat cereal for breakfast, a Yoplait yogurt for a 11:00 snack, lunch sometimes consists of either a half of sandwich and a cup of soup or a cliff bar and another yogurt. Yesterday I had Quizno's - a small sub, bag of baked chips and an ice tea. Today I ate some soft serve yogurt mixed with bananas and strawberries and some Fatoush a coworker made for everyone. Hope that helps!

Yogurt and a cliff bar fills you up enough?! omg, I'm starving all the time! I wouldn't even get enough calories, if I did that. How many calories were you told to consume a day? Do you find that you go over your sugar everyday?

I've been doing cereal mostly for breakfast, sometimes an egg and toast, for lunch sandwhiches mostly sometimes soup, snacks are veggies and fruit mostly. Dinner fluctuates.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

Yogurt and a cliff bar fills you up enough?! omg, I'm starving all the time! I wouldn't even get enough calories, if I did that. How many calories were you told to consume a day? Do you find that you go over your sugar everyday?

I've been doing cereal mostly for breakfast, sometimes an egg and toast, for lunch sandwhiches mostly sometimes soup, snacks are veggies and fruit mostly. Dinner fluctuates.

I have a secret addiction to Cliff bars :tongue: But yes, they fill me up. The are very rich tasting to me so I always eat them with small bites and they are packed with protein! MFP tells me I should eat 2320 calories - which I never do. Do you know how much food that is! I probably eat about 1800-2000 calories a day. Lunch tends to always be my smallest meal of the day. But I eat a snack right before and right after (around 3) so it all matches up. They are usually a pieces of fruit and yogurt (today was a Fiber One bar). I can't really eat a lot lately....not enough room. I get so uncomfortable if I do.

Dinner tends to be my biggest meal. But the hubby and I are both so busy when we get home from work that we don't usually eat until about 8 (sometimes later). So if I get hungry I snack on something before hand.

I don't really count my sugar intake....I concentrate on calories, protein and sodium when I pick food items.

Everyone is different so don't worry yourself! I ate the same way before I got preggers as well. I usually only eat a big lunch maybe 2 times a week at most. So my body was already used to that amount of food.