wanting to start the special K diet.

Options
I am wanting to start the special K diet but by using multi-grain cheerios. It is 2 weeks 1 cup of cereal and 1/2 cup milk 2x's a day. And a healthy dinner..
Anyone want to join me.. maybe we can help keep each other going!!!
I wieght 209 lbs right now

Replies

• georgiamarsh13
    Options
    I did it the other year and I didn't lose anything :/
    But I hope it works for you :)
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I think I would starve to death.
  • AliceAsya
    AliceAsya Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're better of with a sensible, low calorie diet.
  • lorilynne66
    lorilynne66 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    That doesn't seem like it would be enough food. I munch on something every couple hours to keep metabolizm going.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to start the special K diet but by using multi-grain cheerios. It is 2 weeks 1 cup of cereal and 1/2 cup milk 2x's a day. And a healthy dinner..
    Anyone want to join me.. maybe we can help keep each other going!!!
    I wieght 209 lbs right now

Honestly....the best way to lose weight and maintain it is to avoid "diets". Eat a healthy variety of foods, stay in the calorie goal that MFP has given you, get some exercise...it's the best and most successful way to reach your goal:flowerforyou:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    You are going to be starving to death. I do not recommend this. You will not get nearly the amount of calories needed on just Special K twice a day, which will only set you up to binge later on in the day.
  • alexeye11
    alexeye11 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    That sounds a bit unsatisfying! And possibly too low in calories. I don't see a difference between eating 200 calories of cheerios and 200 calories of something else. As long as you stick to a realistic calorie intake there's no reason to do a strange and restrictive diet, unless you have an allergy to something. But that's just my opinion. Cheers :drinker:

Also, not sure what your current calorie goal is, but make sure its enough. You should be eating at least as much as your BMR and up to 20% cut from your TDEE

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • arizonaladybug
    arizonaladybug Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Once you stop eating cereal everyday for a meal you will just gain the wieght back anyways unless you plan to eat cereal in replacement of a meal for the rest of your life or you plan on eating healthy after you stop eating cereal for a meal. the wieght will just come back. I know a girl at work here who did it but just gained it back when she stoped she was already small low wieght. I would recommend just eating cleaner and you will loose.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Hmmm . . . I think the cereal company benefits from that diet a lot more than you do.
  • arizonaladybug
    Options
    they just try and sell there cereal this way..
  • arizonaladybug
    Options
    Hmmm . . . I think the cereal company benefits from that diet a lot more than you do.

This !!!!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Actually, you are supposed to have fruit with your cereal and snack on fruits and vegetables.

If you o it that way, it is just a silly diet. If you do it your way, it is just a starvation diet.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    once you start eating "Normal" again the weight will come back on,fresh fruit,plenty of Veg & exercise is the way ;)
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    don't do it, ive started having special k for breakfast. couldnt have it twice a day :laugh:
  • markdavy1982
    markdavy1982 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Is that the diet where you have 2 bowls a day and an evening meal then one you have had enough you eat normal and put all the weight back on?

Seriously i wouldn't bother, the only thing your going to do is starve and yoyo diet. Stick to eating sensible and following the outlined calories set on this site. You only have to read the success section that it works.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I did this several years ago.

I felt violent after the first five days and lost two pounds.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    There are lots of foods rich in potassium. Examples are: Azuki beans, dried apricots, tomato sauce (paste has more per serving), potatoes, acorn squash, Greek yogurt, fish, avocadoes, blackstrap molasses, etc.
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Go for it, brah.
  • eford79
    eford79 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ive done it b4 and lost 20lbs in 2 weeks. I also worked out 3 times a week for 30 mins a day.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    1. Lots of sodium in Cheerios.
    2. Why do something for 2 weeks, intending it to be "temporary", when you can just start eating healthy food right now? You're just putting off the beginning of eating the way you should.