Greek Yogurt , what is your favorite way to eat it

Options

Replies

• melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't usually buy it since it's so expensive, but when I do, I just use it as a substitute for sour cream. (So mostly on baked potatoes)

The cost was a big problem for me at first too but now my local market carries a store brand version that is actually pretty good and comes in a larger (quart?) size container so I can use it however I want. I believe it's ~$4 for that but typically lasts me all week and goes much further than buying individual yogurts at $1-$1.50/each.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Plain:
    Add garlic, lemon juice, and sea salt to use as a dip with raw veggies

Flavors:
    Add chocolate-covered pomegranate arils
    Add 1 T. chocolate protein powder
    Layer with granola and/or fresh fruit in a parfait glass
    If it's Chobani mango, just eat it right out of the container with a spoon.
  • Nmorfitt
    Nmorfitt Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I make my own ranch dressing! Plain greek yogurt and a sprinkle of dry ranch seasoning and water! Yum!
  • KLSG23
    KLSG23 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I mix 1/2 plain w/1/2 of a container of one of the greek yogurts w/fruit and add ground flaxseed. I also love the plain as a substitute for sour cream. I will never buy sour cream again.
  • fitthatweddingdress
    fitthatweddingdress Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fat free vaniila greek yougurt with a sliced up banana and a tbl of peanut butter
  • judyp1414
    judyp1414 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE Fage 2%. I eat it with a little honey and blueberries. I have it every morning for breakfast.
  • Cinflo58
    Cinflo58 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    just discovered greek yogurt, mayo, fresh dill, chopped onion. great with veggie sticks. Next time I will leave out the mayo
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Plain, non-fat Chobani with a tablespoon of cocoa powder, a tablespoon of flax seed, and some truvia. So good!
  • kd1575a
    kd1575a Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! Do you have any links to your falafel and tzatziki? I used to love getting falafel, but have missed it since trying to reduce the eating out.
  • Dan4495
    Dan4495 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I like to add fruit, usually blueberries but any fruit will do. I have also used Greek yogurt instead of milk with cereal. Tastes great with Cheerios.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Plain fat free with.....

fresh strawberries
    fresh blueberries
    frozen blueberries slightly thawed
    frozen strawberries slightly thawed
    frozen raspberries slightly thawed and chia seeds
    natural peanut butter and a pack of splenda
    anywhere I used to use sour cream
    :smile: I
  • jcoll62
    jcoll62 Posts: 1
    Options
    Love Fage Total 0% with diced mango or with a tbsp of honey, a dash of cinnamon and low fat granola.
    Parfait and the good news is the whole thing is only 231 cal, so yogurt up!!!!
  • demonid
    demonid Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    with a spoon
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I add some granola and some almonds with it. My favorite is the vanilla Dannon Oikos. Yummy!
  • cindybugk
    Options
    I eat nonfat greek yogurt mixed with plain nonfat yogurt(has less calories but I like the flavor of greek better) with 1/2 TBL pure maple syrup, 1 TBL flax seed and whatever fresh fruit I happen to have on hand....1/4 C blueberries, 5 strawberries, 1/2 raw pear or apple, or 1/2 fresh ripe mango is really yummy.
  • jeenak
    jeenak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    SO many awesome recipes here to try!

My favorite way is to mix it with garlic cloves that I've pulverized with some sea salt, then I add in some fresh dill and a bit of cayenne pepper! So delicious as a dip for veggies!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I always buy the plain and I either add stevia and granola or stevia and and ground toasted flax and shredded coconut. Either way, delicious!
  • Fuzz610
    Fuzz610 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Oikos Greek with granola cereal and fresh blueberries or any fruit. Grandkids think it's better than icecream!!
  • staceytrlbrell
    Options
    ADDICTED to Greek Yogurt and Frozen blueberries! Its my 'go to' snack also if im feeling a bit hungry at night.... I talk myself out of driving to macdonalds (which god forbid is at the end of my street lol) and have that instead! I try not to eat past a certain time but sometimes i just cant help myself and i figure its better then the stuff i COULD eat! Anyway..... The frozen berries also turn the yogurt frozen so its like, well, frozen yogurt absolutely devine!!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Oh god, where do I even begin...so many things you can put in it, and in endless combinations...:love:

- Banana
    - Honey
    - Raisins
    - Apple/applesauce
    - Pear/stewed pear
    - Stevia
    - Museli
    - Blueberries
    - Strawberries
    - Blackberries
    - Cinnamon
    - Ice-cream toppings
    - Oats
    - Shredded coconut

I recycled Skinny Cow sundae containers and used them to make my own parfaits. So. Much. Deliciousness. One of my favourite combinations was slightly sweetened yogurt with a layer of raisins and applesauce in the middle, topped with slices of apple and a sprinkling of oats.

I've also found that Greek yogurt can be used as replacements for butter/oil in certain recipes, such as with cakes, brownies, and cookies. Haven't had the chance to try it yet though.

Savoury things that I have incorporated Greek yogurt into are:

- Pizza/scroll dough
    - Corn casserole