Observation: Anyone on here drink cow milk?

Options

Replies

• srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk because of long shelf life. We don't go through very much milk, I only use it for one shake per day and for when my daughter asks for it (rarely).. Also it seems when I open up my gallon of cows milk, just days later it goes sour.
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    cow milk is delish :drinker:
  • ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on milk in any form but I buy Oberweiss milk. They're local, deliver, make amazing ice cream and the milk comes in glass vs plastic. Its not organic but they follow almost all of the guidelines for organic products. I loved milk as a kid but it doesn't taste the same to me anymore. Oberweiss is the first brand of milk i've liked in a long time. I rarely ever have the urge to have a glass of milk. I recently bought almond milk for a recipe. It was ok.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I quit milk for years. I took a breastfeeding class when I was pregnant and my hormonal brain was just disgusted after hearing their position on cow's milk. I couldn't even smell it or I'd gag, and it didn't get better after my daughter was born. Anyway, I switched to alternatives but didn't really like any of them, plus they're all really processed. I just recently sucked it up and started drinking organic cow's milk again. I really have to think about something else while I'm drinking it though. I really enjoy milk but if I think about what I'm drinking, I'll gag. It's weird.

Edited for clarity
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese, yogurt and/or cottage cheese every day, but I don't drink much milk. When I do, it's cow's milk, and I drink full fat from a local organic dairy.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I drink cow milk, it's cheaper! That, and I like skim milk, soy milks and almond milks are too thick for my preference... except chocolate soy milk, for some reason that is just the best.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat it on cereal. I'm not really a milk person, though.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    every day... I hear it does a body good
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk because of long shelf life. We don't go through very much milk, I only use it for one shake per day and for when my daughter asks for it (rarely).. Also it seems when I open up my gallon of cows milk, just days later it goes sour.

^ This is my other reason. Cow's milk cost me more $$$ because it just goes sour too fast for me to drink it. I can stock up on almond or soy and it stays good. It also thickens my protein shakes so they are like chocolate smoothies :drinker:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Although I prefer the taste of vanilla soy milk, I drink regular cow's milk.
  • rm7161
    rm7161 Posts: 505
    Options
    Drinking 2 percent for a large bit of my life with no ill effects.

I still like coconut cream and I use it in loads of stuff. Depends on what it is as to what I use... taste is the big driver, not anti-dairy hysteria.
  • honey_dew
    honey_dew Posts: 28
    Options
    I love 2% milk but in smoothies, tea, and other drinks I'll use soy milk because it's less calories and it makes my smoothies and tea super creamy! Also soy has a lot of health benefits. It especially helps my mom with menopause (ha sorry mom for putting you on blast like that....) :P
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I drink it. Good cheap source of protein and the right protein/carb ratio after a long run.

I gave it up, along with all other dairy in even trace amounts, for over a year, twice, when nursing because my babies were allergic to it.

I was hoping for some benefits from that because I do have some symptoms I've heard attributed to dairy, like frequent nasal allergy flare-ups. But I noticed absolutely no benefit.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I love milk! But I also like almond milk to mix with my protein powder because it has less calories. The unsweetened vanilla has only 30 calories, and has a rich flavor!
  • SandraJN
    SandraJN Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk because I don't like it all that much. But I use cream in my coffee, I cook with whole milk, I use butter and I make creme fraiche. I occasionally eat cereal and then I use milk.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    If I have to go with another animals milk in order to be considered "healthy" then I dont wanna live on this planet anymore
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    I really dislike the flavor of cow milk and prefer almond milk :)
  • freshvl
    freshvl Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I used to drink cows milk, then i went to drinking milk from mice and rats, now i stick to womens breast milk
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I don't drink cows milk, but I use it regularly in cereal, recipes, and such. I use 1 or 2%, and usually Organic Valley. Specifically, if it's Organic Valley I buy 1%, and if it's Horizon Organic I buy 2% - it's about taste and consistency.

The issue that drove me away from non-organic milk was all the hormones they shoot the cows with now that end up in our bodies.

Note: I am still a believer of kids drinking full fat, vitamin D milk as they grow. I drank a lot of it growing up and I have very strong bones that have survived somesubstantial abuse.

Good question!
  • chefmomster2
    chefmomster2 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I drink cow's milk every day- skim only, and only 8oz. or so. I've always liked it. I have 3 kids and there was a time when the five of us went through 8-10 gals. a week. They were upset when I told them we were cutting back to 5 gallons.

I have no osteoporosis, in part I think, to having plenty of calcium.