Observation: Anyone on here drink cow milk?

Options

Replies

• Conniekui
    Conniekui Posts: 24
    Options
    I grew up on a farm where we milked our cows in the morning and evening. Boiled it and then drank it. Ate the rich cream that was so yummy. I moved to the US and the closest thing I get to fresh of the cow milk is ultra pasteurized organic whole milk. It's not the same but it's good. That's one thing I can't give up:)
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I don't because I am lactose intolerant and casien irritates my sinuses. I prefer soymilk. Milk is also high in fat and I'm watching my fat intake which used to be very high as I was basically a sick baby cow.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I don't drink cows milk, but I consume it in my cheese and yogurt.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I drink whole cow's milk and sometimes goat's milk on a daily basis.
    I drink almond milk once in a while. But usually it's used for shakes.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of it.

Bulkin'
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Mmm i love cows milk. All i really drink. usually whole milk too
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I drink cow milk, put it on my cereal, in recipes....it's all good....and I do it because I like milk. Simple as that. Actually I drink alot less while I'm losing weight because I don't want to drink up all my calories. But the four of us can easily go through 2-3 gallons per week cause my kids like milk too.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    My husband does with no ill effects i cant it makes me gassy :ohwell:
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I drink goat's milk, though I use it in protein smoothies because it gives it a cheesecake-like taste. Other than that, I add coconut milk with vanilla protein powder and have that with a bowl of cereal in the morning. Soy milk tastes absolutely disgusting - like "paper left to soak in water over night" disgusting. And since I eat cashews, brazil nuts and sunflower seeds, I have no use for almonds or almond milk.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I drink the moo juice. I'm not sure whether that's trendy or fashionable.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I love dairy products. I consume the milk of the goat and the sheep too. I'm gluten intolerant. Cheese, yogurt, and milk are delicious things I can eat.
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't drink a lot of cow dairy, because too much bothers my stomach. But I do drink 4 oz of cow dairy after working out. I read a study that suggested that a SMALL glass of chocolate milk can be a great recovery drink after cardio, and I've found that it works for me. (I keep it to 4 oz and use homemade chocolate syrup, and of course make sure that I burn more calories in the workout than I take back in with the milk!) It may not work for everyone, and might work just as well with soy or almond milk. I have found that it both gives me a little boost after working out and satisfies my out of control sweet tooth :). We also eat cow dairy yogurt and cow dairy cheese around here, too, and I sometimes use fat free half and half in my coffee if I run out of soy creamer and can't make it to a Sprouts to pick some up (my regular grocery doesn't carry soy creamer).

We do try to stick with organic cow dairy, or at the very least dairy from cows not treated with rGBH.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    The main thing is to stay away from bull's milk. :drinker:
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    I don't drink cow's milk but instead drink coconut milk. It is a lot healthier. I did read once the scenario that said, "imagine an adult sucking from the teat of a cow" it is JUST wrong. Milk is for babies. When they worded it like that, it just grossed me out from ever drinking cow's milk again. Anyway, I never liked the taste anyway, but would tolerate it on cereal, etc before I found coconut milk. Almond milk is good too.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I drink cow's milk and other dairy products (sometimes more frequently than other times). I also use coconut milk for a lot of things.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I drink it at least once a day. I go for the 2%. I have no bad effects from it whatsoever. Guess I'm just lucky!
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I was raised on cow's milk and still drink it - either 2% or 1% (I won't drink skim because it's gross or whole because it's too fatty). Yes it has fat and some sugar but it also has protein, calcium, vitamins and nutrients. I've tried soy and almond milk and while they're okay in oatmeal or coffee, I don't like them as a drink. I drink a small glass of milk with my breakfast every day.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I drink copious amounts of cows milk.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I noticed, as I have been snooping people's food diaries, that most drink alternative milk sources, like almond or soy. I myself don't drink cow's milk, as I'm lactose sensitive, but what about others? Does anyone drink cow milk anymore? Is it taboo or not trendy anymore? Is it unhealthy? What about organic cow milk? I'd love to hear your reasons? And want to hear from those who drink cow milk!

I do ~ Nestle's Carnation Evaporated Milk for my coffee and/or my English tea.
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    I use whole milk in my coffee and tea, but i sometimes forget to log it in my diary since it's just a lil' splash.