Best Weight Loss Method?

Options
13»

Replies

• yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm betting for some it's divorce.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    A breakup worked pretty well for me (at least on the weight loss part... not so much on the others)
  • dianamatienzo
    Options
    A lifestyle change :) Eat clean, train mean, and don't give up! If you want to lose weight WHILE making a lifestyle change, just make sure you're at a caloric deficit. And have a mixture of cardio and weight training so you use up calories and build muscle, which will raise your metabolism and help you burn more calories in the long run. The more muscle, the more energy your body needs to heal it, build it, and keep it :)
  • Colorfan
    Colorfan Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Low carb + calorie deficit seems to work the best. Also strength training helps.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Green coffee extract enema. Raspberry ketones. Body by Vi shakes, and It Works! Wraps.

Or just eat a little less, and move a little more, depending if you listen to the people who have had success, or those who keep tuning in to Dr. Oz in hopes that whatever magic he's peddling for profit this week is the one that will finally do the trick.
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    The one that works for you and the one that you can stick to as a lifestyle. Aside from that, the possibilities are endless.

I agree with this.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and exercise.
    no, seriously. that's really all that matters.

Yep - pretty straight forward ^^^^^^
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    Healthy vegetarian/vegan lifestyle + exercise + water = weight loss :happy:
  • zenJes
    zenJes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    and be prepared, surround yourself with healthy clean food so your not tempted to go for the "easy crap" choice when life gets hard
  • cluthab
    cluthab Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Sometimes called the ELMO diet, eat less move often.

I'm retired, (10 years), and this winter really became a couch potato, then our daughter announced she is getting married in June.
    This has spurned me on to get the weight off so that I'll look half decent in a kilt.

I've actually lost 12lbs and feel chuffed. Doing an exercise plan which takes 11 minutes/day, and doing the 5:2 eating plan. 2 days at 600 cals, normal eating the other 5, although I keep a cal count for them too and keep below 1800.
    Bought some electronic kitchen scales, I like my gadgets.
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options

this is answer . i hope you don't overlook it due to its simplicity.

Quoting so hopefully you fully take it in.

Ditto, I'll simplify it even more. "burn more than you consume."

^ This again! I've successfully lost 58 lbs by counting my calories and exercising every day for at least 30 minutes. I still have yummy fattening foods and adult beverages, but I plan for them and earn them.

I use to think I needed to have a gym membership to lose weight, but I've done all of this from home and saved myself a ton of money.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    A healthy one that you can sustain for the rest of your life.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

Yup
  • g0ldenb0y55
    g0ldenb0y55 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Less in more out on the calories and a side of "BEAST MODE" while you exercise!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!