Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My daughters birthday :)

Hello, well my daughter will be one on the 20th of this month.
I'm having a little get together where there will be food served and cake.
I was just thinking what would you do! Would you eat the cake?
I do love cake and it is my daughters birthday, I'm sure a one off wont hurt? right?

Replies

• LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    No... a night off will not hurt. If you're making this about life and not diet, you can't completely restrict yourself.
  • it was my sons yesterday, and I had a small piece of cake, and enjoyed it, its not a diet! its a life change. Just make sure the one piece does not allow you feel you can eat much more!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Eat the cake.

Not the whole thing though.
  • RobinsonDawn
    RobinsonDawn Posts: 40 Member
    Thanks guys! I think I will enjoy a small slice of cake! As long as I dont eat the whole thing haha
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    With MFP, nothing is off limits. If you want a piece of cake, have it. I'd suggest still logging your food, but set your calories to maintenance! Even if you go over, so what? It's a special occasion!
    K
  • Infauna
    Infauna Posts: 89
    I would eat cake, it's your daughter's birthday. You can't put life on hold because of a diet.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Been there done that! My advice is a the end of the party, if some cake is left over GIVE IT AWAY!! I used to cut the leftovers up and freeze it but ended up scoffing them anyway just because they were there! Fortunately any birthday cakes these days get eaten by 3 teenagers quicker than I can blink so the problem has reduced somewhat!!!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    We just celebrated my grandson's second birthday. There was cake
    (split it with my husband). And pizza (only ate one piece). I still came in under my calorie goal for the day.

Maybe save a couple of hundred calories that day just for the party. But don't stress over it. If you go over, you go over.
  • wllwsmmr
    wllwsmmr Posts: 391 Member
    Just fit it into your caloric goal! Even if you go over a little, don't sweat it! It's the wonderful celebration of the birth of your precious daughter, I'm sure you'll feel amazing no matter what :) Have fun and congrats on your little one turning one! <3