Walk of the dead.

Options
13»

Replies

• zummerzet_lou
    zummerzet_lou Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Phew - what a night!

Spent nearly 90 mins on the BMX track practising sprints in preparation for the next time I come across the zombies. Thankfully, the track was deserted and I was able to train hard without being rudely interrupted!
  • Brandi1168
    Brandi1168 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm so in!!
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    Travelling across the deserted arena, suddenly a horde of slavering flesh-eaters came running out of the shadows. Picking up the only weapon to hand, C@RL05 took out the first handful with a slicing kettlebell swing and brought the second pack down with several more swings of that handled cannonball. Knocked sideways by a clawed hand, C@RL05 jumped back up with a Turkish Get up (or two) and ran for cover, where he found a road bike stashed by the wall and cycled off as fast and as far as he could go.

Distance gained from the undead. He was safe - for now.

So that's it for this week:

Pull-ups
    Yoga sessions x 6 this week
    Kettlebell session, and
    20 mile cycle ride.
  • Wolverine13ft
    Wolverine13ft Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning surrounded by a small herd of Zoms. I picked up my sledge hammer and smashed their heads( 5 minute warm up sledge hammer to tire) Foraged thru the wreckage of the town for food took about an hour ( Deadlifts up to 365, goblet squats with 62 and over head presses up to 165). Was very successful gathered alot of food ( high calorie day ) but I most have made to much noise as I attracted a large herd of rotters. Had to lead them away from my stash ( 30 sec sprint-1 min run X6 then 10 min jog) will have to find a safer place to sleep tonite.
  • Brandi1168
    Options
    Mission complete for this week. I walked/ran for 2 hours and 10 minutes trying to find a safe haven. Along the way I had to kickbox my way through a roaming horde for about 20 minutes.
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Mission complete for this week. I walked/ran for 2 hours and 10 minutes trying to find a safe haven. Along the way I had to kickbox my way through a roaming horde for about 20 minutes.

I must be tired. I had a visual picture of like a half bolly-wood style dance routine half tai-bo work out in a Shawn of the Dead style zombie setting. It was funny.
  • Brandi1168
    Options

I must be tired. I had a visual picture of like a half bolly-wood style dance routine half tai-bo work out in a Shawn of the Dead style zombie setting. It was funny.

Ha ha! :)
  • Wolverine13ft
    Options
    Looking around the highland mountains of Utah I see alot of rocks and down trees that can be used to smash the Zoms. I must get stronger to throw futher with these primitive weapons. (Bench press, shoulders and triceps). Practiced throwing stones for 15 minutes to get use to the movement (10lb shot out) then did some caber picks (see profile pic). I have found a safer place 5 kilometers away and will start to move there tonight. It will take several weeks to move all my gear but it is easier to defend so it will be worth the effort.
    If you read this message stay safe. there must be more survivors some where!
  • Wolverine13ft
    Options
    Mission complete. For the week I walk/ran 40 min. lifted weights and did a 3 mile hike with a 45lb backpack.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I thought walk of the dead was 48 hours after heavy squat day.
  • isabulle13
    Options
    Oh, I want to jump in! I just found this but my instincts must be sharp as a razor because Mission Completed!

Running, weight lifting and elliptical on Monday!
    Yoga on Tuesday and Thursday!
    And I just completed 45 min of running!

And reading the Zombie Guide in the evenings, he he ;-)

What is in order this coming week?
  • toothwalker_
    toothwalker_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Found a deserted town in northern Germany that seems to have emptied before the outbreak spread there. Been here for about a week. Sticking to my bike to get around for the most part (2.4 hrs), I had to leave it behind for reconnaissance into rougher terrain to avoid puncturing the tires (1.6 hrs on elliptical). Ransacked various stores looking for supplies, but I obviously wasn't the only one with survival on my mind. Climbed up the stairs of the central church to get a better look at my surroundings (163 steps [actual church!]), and saw that I wasn't as alone as a I thought I was. Found a bike hitch abandoned in someone's back yard and loaded it with my supplies (strength training, varied but considered light), and will leave northbound at first light tomorrow morning.
  • Rosegardenia
    Rosegardenia Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mission completed. Zombie apocalypse found me in the wilderness, so I've been slowly hiking back to civilisation, hoping there will be something left when I get there (3 hours slow walking). It's cold at night, so morning stretching is required to prevent injury during the day (2 hours yoga/pilates - about 20 mins a day). So far not seen any flesh eaters, but will come to a small town tomorrow if the map is right...
  • Wolverine13ft
    Options
    I am afraid the OP either is running for her life or got munched. So I will highjack this thread till she gets back. 30 min. of movement 3X a week is good but if we are going to survive we have to be fast and strong. This week go for any type of movement, walk, jog, swim, bike, ect.. do a 10 min warm-up then kick it up a notch, 15 secs. at a faster pace then recover for 1 min repeat 10 times then do a 8 min cool down. That will help us get faster to evade thus gray-skins. If you aren't ready to go for 30 min. break it down into what you can handle but stick with the spirit of going hard then recover then go hard. To get stronger take 5-10 min 3X this week and do some sort of strength training. Remember to keep up your water intake.