What do your pets do that crack you up?

Options

Replies

• zillah73
    zillah73 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My kitten Kismet drinks from the bathroom faucet and from glasses, can and does pull the stopper out of the sink, she can open the kitchen cabinets (the one containing the dishes has been rubber-banded shut to avoid casualties) and fetches like a dog. She also had vestibular disorder as a baby so her head tilts to one side. It doesn't slow her down but it makes her look like she's always cocking her head in curiosity.
  • rockieschick
    rockieschick Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    my 3 year old cat goes running down the hallway - jumps up and tramples across the wall for about four feet in full speed (seriously) all Matrix like. its freaking amazing. A friend was over once and saw her do it and literally fell out of his chair laughing at how cool it was......
    there is a reason her name is 'blur'.
    she is fast.... and shes a blur if you arent paying attention.

My cat is the same! Ive seen him do some pretty amazing flips ;)
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Our 2 year old cat wakes our youngest up by hissing at him. I carry her in and sit with her on the bed. I say "what time is it Lily?" And in between groans she throws these gnarly hisses out at him. She is the sweetest cat ever. I have her trained. :)
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    We have four cats and a pug, so one or another of them is usually doing something pretty awesome (or awful).

One of the cats is about 18 years old, so we let her get away with a lot. She decided she no longer likes to drink still water and will only drink it straight from the faucet (if she doesn't get her way she will mrowr really loudly and desperately, sounding like a rusty hinge, and her eyes almost go walleyed and it's just pathetic). Well, the boy cats think this faucet drinking thing is pretty awesome, so they'll hop up on the counter and patiently sit in line behind her until she's done, and will each take their turn.

Two of the cats like wet food, so we split a can for them every day at 5 o'clock. One of them has an internal atomic clock, and cries like crazy as 5 o'clock is approaching. That'll get the other one going (which is the 18 year old with the rusty hinge voice), and the pug as well, because he has a nightly cup or so of romaine lettuce salad... which doesn't crack ME up because I have to buy it and cut it up for him, but it cracks up everyone who hears about it. He'll be all sulky if he doesn't get it.
  • rockieschick
    Options
    My cat came into our lives on his own and after 6 weeks of trying to find the owner and obviously not finding them we decided to keep him. We found out pretty quick that he has a drug problem. He will find glue wherever there is glue. Dont leave any boxes he will suck all the tape. Anything with glue, he will find.
    And if he does, watch out! He will start an amazing show of full 360 flips and he basically becomes a flying squirrel!

He is now in rehab ;)
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    White Maltese about 6 yrs old. Every morning when I wake up he is sitting up on the floor, front paws in the air, staring at me! No joke! It creeps me out some mornings because I don't know how long he's been there.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    My female dog likes to dry hump the male cat.
  • rockieschick
    Options

Hahahaha
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Our cat, Mortimer, brings us small stuffed toys when we are in bed. He makes the weirdest gutteral meows just before.

The other, Nacho, knocks things off the dresser when he's ready for us to wake up. (annoying)

Our cat Pebbles (RIP) used to do that as well. She would put her toy mouse in the middle of the bed during the day and we would find it in the evening. I believe it's their hunting instincts - they feel that they have to make a contribution every day to the family and that's their "catch." She also used to make a howling sound with it in her mouth.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    my 3 year old cat goes running down the hallway - jumps up and tramples across the wall for about four feet in full speed (seriously) all Matrix like. its freaking amazing. A friend was over once and saw her do it and literally fell out of his chair laughing at how cool it was......
    there is a reason her name is 'blur'.
    she is fast.... and shes a blur if you arent paying attention.

My cat is the same! Ive seen him do some pretty amazing flips ;)

In our house, we call that "Chasing Ghosts." Apparently we have a lot of them :o
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Have you tried offering her some lube?
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    when we're all outside with him ( me, my hubby and the kids) my shih tzu mix will pick fights with bigger dogs, barking and growling trying to get at them, but when he's outside alone and a bigger dog walks by, ....not a sound. so he's only a tough guy when he's with his "pack" lol
  • Citrislazer
    Citrislazer Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My Min Pins like to borrow into blankets until they have tucked themselves in all cozy. They also run around the house like maniacs after a bath. One thinks he's a pig and oinks all the time. He also makes other bizarre noises. The other needs shoulder pads from being clueless to often, "Wha?" The best game we play is monster under the blanket where I put my hand under one of their large blankets and tickle them. They go nuts and try to attack the monster popping up under their blanket.

I also use to have a rabbit named Oreo (RIP). Bunny Binkies are the best, especially when they get a running start at them!
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    One thinks he's a pig and oinks all the time.
    Oh yes, the pigginess! Our pug is very piggie. I'm certain it's not a coincidence that pig and pug are only one letter off.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    When my dog decides I've been asleep long enough he hops on the bed, walks across my body, and sits down on the top of my pillow right by my head and licks my hair and the inside of my ear.

It's hilarious!

We have dog twins!
    my cat does this ^^ like hello... time to get up humans!!!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    My great dane, Maximus.....
    What an appropriate name for such a big dog!!
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I posted this- thank you all for the laughs!! Have a great weekend one and all!! :drinker:
  • fairykelly13
    fairykelly13 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My cat, Emmy, will sit just outside the bathroom door while I'm washing my face in the morning and the second I move to sit down to pee, she comes in and rubs her head on my feet. She's waiting for her captive audience...

She also likes to play fetch with little furry mousey toys

And she will take any pen or pencil in the house and put it in the bed.
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    580902_10150859876399913_1079849007_n.jpg

Name: Chopsticks Alouicious (last name blank for privacy)
    Dislikes: Other cats, birds, plastic bags and dairy
    Mortal Enemy: Human hand appendage thingie (the claw) and sheets
    Fascinated by: Water
    Hobbies: Watching the humans cook from atop the fridge, talking non-stop, pretending to be a dog while in the bathtub (howling to hear echo), watching Survivor, and playing fetch (red straws)
  • lintino
    lintino Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    My cat, Mopster, has learned that he can open certain doors by flopping against them. Sometimes I've heard him go at a door as many as 8 times when they won't open.