Greek Yogurt , what is your favorite way to eat it

Options

Replies

• meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    4oz almond milk
    8g FF-SF pudding mix - flavour of choice, I mix it up depending on what else I'm putting in
    140-200g chopped frozen fruit
    healthy dash of cinnamon
    15g peanut flour (optional)

Mix it all together (i add the fruit last since it instantly hardens the mix a little) - return to the freezer for 30 minutes and you have an amazing dessert-like treat. So good for a PM snack. Or after a super hard workout :) Make it, shower, then devour. Yum!

My fave combinations are vanilla pudding + mangoes/blueberries + PB and cheesecake + strawberries + cinnamon. Lemon and pistachio pudding are also awesome! And of course, chocolate :blushing: Nommm...
  • JessicaRobin67
    JessicaRobin67 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    add walnuts, blueberries, and a sweetener(too sour for me otherwise).
  • steelhead_9
    steelhead_9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Used as icing on my delicious homemade oat bran muffins!
  • steelhead_9
    steelhead_9 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It's great when we can get the kids to eat healthier. I use it in smoothies with freash fruit and baby spinach. My son doesn't even know the spinach is in thee and drinks it all up!
  • stina412
    stina412 Posts: 78
    Options
    bumpity ...love these
  • clairesky3
    clairesky3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this thread...just started eating greek yoghurt a few days ago and can't say I'm too impressed with it on it's own!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    lots of great ideas - will come back later and try a few.
  • Kelly_Runs_NC
    Kelly_Runs_NC Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, blackberries and plain yogurt - you don't need to add any sweetener!

This was my breakfast! haha
  • AmbyrJayde
    AmbyrJayde Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    out of the little cup it comes in.
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I saw this thread...just started eating greek yoghurt a few days ago and can't say I'm too impressed with it on it's own!

I clearly remember the first time I tried it I almost threw up! gagged and laugh so hard at how gross it was my co-workers thought I was crazy. Then I started thinking of it as a sour cream alternative and my whole mind shifted. Then I added a teaspoon of honey to like half a cup and a light bulb went off.
  • SheilAnneSmith
    SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I like to go with 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt, 1/2 cup Frozen Unsweetened Raspberries and about 4-5 drops of liquid stevia. Mash/Mix turning it into a slightly frozen treat. It works best with raspberries because they break up into the little pieces which makes it quicker to freeze up.
  • Kurrsteee
    Kurrsteee Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    125g of low fat greek yoghurt, 100g of strawberries and 3 mini meringues.
    Low calorie Eton Mess. Mmm. :)
  • frankyk89
    frankyk89 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TillyMomma
    TillyMomma Posts: 262
    Options
    6oz. of plain low fat greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries diced up---so good!
  • GatorGirlUT
    Options
    There are some awesome suggestions here. I add some raspberries and sugar free raspberry jam, dash of vanilla and a sprinkle of artificial sweetener (though trying to cut that out).
  • LilOlMe69
    LilOlMe69 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Little splenda and frozen berry mix! YUM!
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    with a spoon
  • Morgaine_on_the_move
    Morgaine_on_the_move Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I like mine with the usual breakfast stuff too, but I also like it alongside spicy Indian lentils. It goes so well! It adds a tang that sour cream would not have.
  • Diyah13
    Diyah13 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Give it to someone else. Greek yogurt tasted sour to me, so I'm turned off.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I like the chobani greek yogurts, strawberry is my fav with pistachio nuts on top, mmmmmm