• Iloveeyore78
    Iloveeyore78 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A lion doesn;t worry himself with how hyenas percieve him

Love love love this quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask what is wrong with trying to stay under 1200 calories per meal. But never-mind!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    You know some of us are satisfied with that number :) I get plenty full on 1200 calories. Sometimes I have to fight to get up there.
  • jj1973
    jj1973 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I was a member of a national weight loss chain and they calculated me to be on a 1200 cal plan also. I don't think it is coincidence the MFP agrees with that assessment.

And MFP lets me add back for exercise, the national chain did not. With their plan, you ate their food along with your own fruits and veggies - and then tried to work in 5 workouts per week.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    We are too busy working our *kitten* off for the extra cals! You didn't think we just sat around and picked at chicken and salad all day, did you? We, too, do kick-*kitten* cardio and strength training to rev up our metabolism and stay fit. It's just one of life's realities you have to face when you are under 5'2" and almost 50 years old--we can't all stay slim on 2000+ cals a day.:tongue:

So right Elena....
    Whatever I end at for the day. Is whatever I end at for the day. I did the 1800-2200 last year. Didn't take off weight, just put it on. But this year is different already. I do what works for meee. :wink:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    *looks at her ticker* Yeah I thought it said 123 lbs loss, yup! I'm a success at 1200 calories a day ;) Not eating people, and I workout pretty much daily!
  • peckish_pomegranate
    peckish_pomegranate Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Amen, I am 600% over being told by other MFP users I'm starving myself and totally ignoring/mocking my legitimate questions around my calorie goal. I think my doctor knows better than them, thanks.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    THANKS for the support!! I have try to 1500-1800 it didnt work I have been working my butt off the last month and 1200 calories and now I am losing so I am sticking to it
    HATERS ARE= H-Having A-anger T-Towards E-Everyone R-Reaching S-Success :)

But most of these "Haters" are those who have had success....

I don't think so, the most successful people on any site or forum I've seen are the most helpful because they've been there.

But most of the people that are against 1200 and lower diets are the ones who have lost 100+ and want others to share in this success. They get called Haters and are reported and often banned because people don't like to be told that their opinions could be wrong.

"success" of a loss of over 100lb means the person HAD over 100lb to lose in the first place.

If I were 100lb overweight, i'd be losing weight at 2000+ cal a day too.

as it stands, i'd gain weight quite rapidly on what most of the people on my FL net and they're losing quite well, each and every beautiful one of them.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This should have been titled "Valentine to the 1200 cal ppl."
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just have a question... I know people who are set at 1200. In your opinon is MFP setting people too low?? Come on now ... I am set for 1.5/week and at 216 pounds I'm only allowed 1320 - which I feel is super low. Because I'm a woman and apparently my body is all screwed up I lose 2, lose 2, lose 5, gain 2... that's my cycle eating eactly the same. But I have many friends who are on 1200 because it said for them to do so.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I just have a question... I know people who are set at 1200. In your opinon is MFP setting people too low?? Come on now ... I am set for 1.5/week and at 216 pounds I'm only allowed 1320 - which I feel is super low. Because I'm a woman and apparently my body is all screwed up I lose 2, lose 2, lose 5, gain 2... that's my cycle eating eactly the same. But I have many friends who are on 1200 because it said for them to do so.

many newbs make a mistake when they create their profile and choose the maximum allowable loss rate of 2lbs/week, even though that might not be correct for them. depending on your CW and GW, choosing a slower rate of loss can give you enough extra calories to feel full and increase your odds of success. and of course this usually also means some amount of exercise and eating back those calories too.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

MFP is set up with the expectation that one will eat their exercise kcals on top of the 1200. In general people don't all read the instructions or just don't follow them as intended.

I post links mostly for the benefit of the lurkers and the new people because the general forum is often "noisy".

I would start here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833500-what-do-i-do-common-sense-cliff-notes
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/10118-eat-train-progress
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912914-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/752778-how-wrong-i-was-600-days-of-mfp-lotsa-pics?hl=600+days#posts-11136303
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/840082-a-sad-realization?hl=sad
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    I'm male, 6'3 and eat 1900 cals a day right now on my cut. I've been losing weight steadily for 6 months and am now to the point where I'm literally weeks away from 6 pack abs. The weight is stubborn now, people say i'm starving myself blah blah blah dont' get too skinny blah blah blah. Funny thing is I'm stronger now than ever before. Just ignore the haters and achieve your goals.
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Options

HATERS ARE= H-Having A-anger T-Towards E-Everyone R-Reaching S-Success :)

love this. Stealing it.
  • heidihorton
    heidihorton Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've been at 1200 cals for about 6 months and though its hard somedays I know that to eat more I just need to get off my butt on earn more by exercising, it's my choice on whether to do either. Ps I'm not starving I know how to eat right
  • kjcripe123
    kjcripe123 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That makes perfect sense. I actually had a disagreement with someone arguing this point. She saw on the 'news' you are not to eat your exercise calories and I said not doing so would send you body into starvation. I always eat mine ... usually before I burn them ;)
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    A lion doesn;t worry himself with how hyenas percieve him

I've always liked "Lions don't lose sleep for the opinions of sheep"
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I lost 130 pounds eating 1,200 calories...maintained for four years then got pregnant...losing the baby weight now...1,200 calories is perfect for me...could truly care less what anyone thinks of it...my doctor approves and that's all that matters :)
  • RobinsonDawn
    RobinsonDawn Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was trying to eat 1500 kcal but it just wasnt possible!
    Now I'm trying the 1200 and it's much more realistic for me :)