WOMEN DO NOT LIKE ME

Options
I don't know what it is, but other women...including complete strangers...seem to really not like me. Even my boyfriend pointed out to me that random women give me dirty looks when we are out. LOL what's the deal. I am a sweet person, and honestly wish I had more TRUE friends, but I have always had the issue of females not liking me.

Replies

• foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Its ok Mel, most women are jealous of perfection :wink:
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options

I'm Ashley. My screen name is Me I Should B LOL. I should have realized how much it looks like Mel. And thanks.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I have a similair problem, have had it since I was in jr high/high school. It was pointed out to me that I generally do not have a very friendly look on my face. My family and close friends will sometimes remind me I am looking "mean" again lol. I always wondered why people never approached me, etc, and I am super shy person. But once I started really thinking about it, the normal "look" I have on my face is not the friendliest, even though once I start talking I am very friendly and smiling. Could that be your problem at all?
  • MeIShouldB
    Options
    Funny thing is I'm always smiling, and I will talk to anyone.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I have trouble believing women just don't like you.
    I don't believe in this "women don't like other women" thing. Maybe you are reading too much into this, women looking at you doesn't mean they are giving you "dirty looks".
    And if you meet someone and instantly think they won't like you because you are female, well, you won't make many friends.
  • iulia_maddie
    Options
    See, this is a misconception.
    As a woman, i am proud and happy to see other successful, happy women. And i can appreciate beauty without jealousy.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I doubt they randomly give you dirty looks, some people just look mean when they aren't talking and interacting. I bet if you were to talk to them, you would hit it off.
  • lilcupcake213
    lilcupcake213 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in this "women don't like other women" thing. Maybe you are reading too much into this, women looking at you doesn't mean they are giving you "dirty looks".
    And if you meet someone and instantly think they won't like you because you are female, well, you won't make many friends.

Incorrect. I get dirty looks all the time. A lot of women are *****es. Don't take it personal OP ...
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options
    Hmmm... well maybe the OTHER women are kinda like me! lol I always get accused of being stuck up, etc, for the same reason...

But I know it can be frustrating having trouble making "true" friends, I can honestly say my only true friends are actually certain family members!

As far as the dirty looks go, when people are out in public they can still be lost in their own little worlds... Like, staring off into the distance and it looks like they are 'mean muggin' someone! I dont know, it is hard to say, but I too have trouble believing all women dont like other women theory I read so much about. For the most part, the women I meet can maybe be standoffish at first, but that is because they have their own insecurities.
  • t7mitch
    t7mitch Posts: 23 Member
    Options

I called myself trying to answer to this response. I was just going to say I agree with the fact that not everyone may be hating on you or not liking you. Try speaking first sometimes when you come in contact with strangers. Break the ice.
  • MeIShouldB
    Options

I don't go into situations assuming someone won't like me because they are a woman, as I said I'm very friendly, and I'll talk to anyone. But all to often, I'm friendly to a woman and she's seemingly friendly back to me but then talks about me to other females.
  • weese17
    weese17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is, but other women...including complete strangers...seem to really not like me. Even my boyfriend pointed out to me that random women give me dirty looks when we are out. LOL what's the deal. I am a sweet person, and honestly wish I had more TRUE friends, but I have always had the issue of females not liking me.

rupaul-drank_zpsa77bcb34.gif
  • iulia_maddie
    Options

Incorrect. I get dirty looks all the time. A lot of women are *****es. Don't take it personal OP ...
    I have a natural ***** face. Can't help it. I might have a bad day, and then it gets worse.
    If i am looking your way and not smiling it doesn't necessarily means i am giving you a dirty look. To be honest, i might not even acknowledge your presence.
    Women use the "women don't like me" too much. I haven't been "mean girled" since high school.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options
    I have a natural ***** face. Can't help it. I might have a bad day, and then it gets worse.

Exactly! Natural ***** faces run in my family! :angry::laugh:
  • EmilyEmpowered
    Options

I don't go into situations assuming someone won't like me because they are a woman, as I said I'm very friendly, and I'll talk to anyone. But all to often, I'm friendly to a woman and she's seemingly friendly back to me but then talks about me to other females.

Hmmm, well that is a little bit different then random women giving you dirty looks... I will agree that ALOT of women tend to gossip and trash talk!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    it could be that they are intimidated by you for some reason (I have had people tell me this. I'm also intimidated by teenage girls and by woman my age), they could be in their own world, could be that shyness on their end, could be a variety of things.

And i understand about the friends issue. And honestly, I have more guy friends then girl in real life. My best friend is my husband. I don't worry too much because I can get along with guys better then females.
  • t7mitch
    t7mitch Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Very good point . If you know that you are a sweet girl and have a smile on your face, then continue being that person. Especially if you are going out of your way to speak. Sometimes, strangers have a certain guard up. Take the effort to speak to some of these women and break down that wall.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    4tsc2Gl.jpg
  • GymMum8
    GymMum8 Posts: 28
    Options

I disagree with this. There are a couple of particular woman at gym, who I know don't like me, even though I don't even know their names. I have never said or done anything to upset them, as fair as I'm aware. But when I see them and go to say hi, like I do everyone else. Without fail, they glare at me, turn their heads and ignore me. I even have one of them set herself up next to me and follows my program, but with much heavier weights. Which is fine, but her form is off and can only do half the amount as I do. Hubby has seen her, do the same exercises when I'm not there, but uses half the amount of weight, as what even I do.

I honestly don't let it bother me, I'm happy with my life, if people are going to have a problem with me, before getting to know me, that's their loss.

Mel
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. But then I'm 6'4" 500 pounds, ugly as hell and an *kitten*, so I don't blame them