How the bloody hell do i avoid COOOKIES !

Options
13»

Replies

• brittanyelizabeth21
    Options
    A large percentage of people are finding themselves allergic to new foods suddenly.

While some are true allergies, many others are actually reactions to pesticides sprayed on the foods.

Try a challenge (eat a smal amount in the allergists office) of an organic apple etc.
    You may find you have no problem with the actual food.

sadly it was an organic apple !
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Self control. You don't have it then you are going to fail. Simple as that. I have a whole block of chocolate sitting in the fridge, it can sit there till I die for all I care. I'm not going to eat it. There is also a nice tub of cookies in my cupboard for my son (he's 19) that can stay there ...I got enough self control to say no. Perhaps that's what you need to do.
  • badtastebetty
    badtastebetty Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Make your own healthy cookies! I've been taking mashed banana and oats and baking them for some guiltless goodies! Add some cinnamon and applies, and they're super tasty! I also do them "made to order" as I will always eat them if I make a large batch.

Hah, applies... :laugh:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    if you're eating them for no other reason than because they're there, then don't have them in the house in the first place. They won't be there, you won't eat them.

If you're eating them because you love the taste, then allow yourself to eat them in moderation. If having the whole pack in the house makes you want to eat the whole pack, then buy only small pack.

For me, if I start forbidding myself anything, then I want to have that food. When I allow myself to eat what I want (but fit it in my macros and calorie goal) and know that I can eat whatever I want, when I want, I stop having any feeling that I *have to* eat (add "bad" food here) at every opportunity. Instead, I can take it or leave it and usually choose to leave it, and if I choose to take it, I fit it in my calorie and macro goals, enjoy it, and I'm satisfied and that's the end of it. The way you think about food has a big influence on how much you want it. So maybe you need to change your attitude towards cookies, so you see them as just another food that you sometimes like to eat, rather than as something that's "bad" but you've got to got to got to got to got to eat them while you still can....
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Get a locking plastic box for all the crap food. Give parents key. If you can't get to it, you can't eat it. If they have to go through the hassle of unlocking something to get at them, maybe they'll cut down on the crap too.
  • MissPeppers
    MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Imagine a snotty kid touching that snotty nose and then touching all the cookies.
    If that's not enough, add in a dog licking them.
    If THAT's not enough, well.. have a cookie and leave the rest..
  • brittanyelizabeth21
    Options
    Imagine a snotty kid touching that snotty nose and then touching all the cookies.
    If that's not enough, add in a dog licking them.
    If THAT's not enough, well.. have a cookie and leave the rest..

yupp i think that just did it for me lol !
  • patrnbabe
    patrnbabe Posts: 42
    Options
    Eat to balance your blood sugar levels, and the cravings will be easier to manage. Enough protein, complex carbs, reasonable fat intake, and fiber. It will really help. Then have a small stash of small portions of favorite treats to savor as a reward for whatever goal (calorie macros, exercise, work etc) and you won't be deprived at all. Or no stash, but purchase single item at a time.
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Yeah my family still buys sweets and it's hard to resist but what I do is just have a little to satisfy, then leave the house and let them eat it all lol or I tell them to hide it !!!!! but they try to buy less now just talk to them about buying healthier choices of sweets there's new skinny cow chocolates!