Eggs and Bacon every morning... lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't like cereal , so am very limited in quick breakfast choices. I find two eggs sets me up well for the day. I have started getting bacon sometimes to mix things up. My only worry with the bacon is salt. Today I had a mini protien bar, two peices of toast , with vegiemite. Actually filled me up too .
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yep, I eat eggs and often bacon for breakfast. Still losing, not unhealthy.
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Eggs and bacon are one of my favorite meals. I'll have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I've lost weight eating them, and just had my blood work done...everything is great. Your friend is doing just fine, and probably a lot happier than the people suffering on egg whites and fake bacon :)
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    As long as he isn't eating a plate of bacon I don't see any harm in his breakfast. It's better than eating sugary cereal or even worse, skipping breakfast.

/facepalm :noway:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I have a friend of mine who has been lifting weights with me since September and lately says he wants to lose weight. He continues to lift every day but with very little cardio involved in his workout. A few weeks ago he told me he's excited for his "bacon and eggs". I guess he makes himself eggs (not egg whites) and bacon every morning and sometimes switches it up and makes sausage instead of bacon. I am not sure what the rest of this meals consist of but with little cardio involved and more lifting than anything, will my friend lose weight? Or lose it as quickly as he would like? Should I offer any advice or just let him do his own thing if he's "enjoying" it and has continued to stick with it?

I lost about 55 lbs doing exactly that, and I'm a 40 something female with metabolic issues (PCOS). You have to track your calories, of course.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Wait - he's eating the whole eggs and not just the whites?

panic.gif

Jaysus, straight to hell then :D
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Different things work for different people. I personally don't believe that a simple calorie deficit works for everyone. Many act like it does because it works for THEM. It is sort of funny. But, unless your advice is solicited...don't tell your buddy what to do. No one likes that..and he very well may lose eating what he enjoys. Let him figure it out..he obviously has a great fitness routine going and he'll work on the diet part if he doesn't lose.
  • elizajane929
    Options
    Bacon and eggs is healthy! Both have healthy fats and protein. Even the yolk is good! Two years ago I was a senior in high school, weighing 130. Two months before spring break I went on a diet, I had an egg, 2 pieces of bacon, and some ww toast for breakfast. I lost 15 pounds! So bacon and eggs = healthy delicious nutrients!
  • Lily_Rose
    Lily_Rose Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I eat bacon and eggs almost every morning. Tons of protein! Plus it keeps you feeling full longer.
  • wcso911mn
    wcso911mn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    3 eggs for breakfast every day and I'm losing - none of this 'whites only' rubbish.

I tried talking to my chickens to see if they would lay white-only eggs, but they were having none of it. :grumble:

This. Is. Awesome. :bigsmile:
  • Liftnlove
    Liftnlove Posts: 235
    Options
    Eggs and bacon are one of my favorite meals. I'll have it for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I've lost weight eating them, and just had my blood work done...everything is great. Your friend is doing just fine, and probably a lot happier than the people suffering on egg whites and fake bacon :)

Just double-checked my blood test results...cholesterol was 136, and all other levels were within normal range...

Pass the damn bacon...
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I eat six whole eggs (I don't do the eggwhite thing) nearly every day. I am losing weight. If it fits his macros and calorie goals, then yes he will lose weight/fat.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    As long as he isn't eating a plate of bacon I don't see any harm in his breakfast. It's better than eating sugary cereal or even worse, skipping breakfast.

I do a slightly leaner version of his breakfast: two eggs, 1 oz of 2% cheese and 1-2 oz of lean ham. I occasionally do Jenny O Turkey links, but it really cuts into my calorie allowance so I will swap my eggs for egg whites if I indulge in the turkey sausage.

Lol wut?

I skip breakfast and lunch every day and I'm doing just fine.