Any Fibromyalgia effected in the community?

Options
2»

Replies

• DeeBrownBaker
    Options
    Hi there... fibro, bursitis, and arthritis here...
  • latona93
    latona93 Posts: 2
    Options
    Fibro, CFS, Arthritis, severe RLS, amongst other things. I'll stop there. Hard to exercise in pain isn't it? Hugs to u. Hugs to u all with it. Not an easy thing to deal with.:flowerforyou: :heart:
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything but you can add me?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,757 Member
    Options
    Hi! It's been suggested I have fibro, but to quote my doc, I'm already on the meds I'd be on for Fibro so "there's no reason to add another diagnosis to your chart". I have had two back surgeries the latter two back fusions, and also have nerve damage from an endometriosis surgery gone wrong that affects the pelvis, hip and leg on my left side. I was hoping my fusion would help some of the pain, but since doctors think my surgeon turned the laser too high causing the nerves to try and conduct the laser energy and ended up burned instead, that didn't happen. Since the surgery, I've had more problems with the sciatic nerve flaring up the nerves injured from surgery, but I'm determined to lose the weight I've gained and get in shape so I can live a more active life. I really need to strengthen my back with the other nerves flaring as little as possible, I wish there was a way to sneak around them! It's been a tough time, but I try my best to be positive despite my pain and limitations,.

I'm still working on my page, but you are welcome to add me if you'd like! Same goes with others with pain issues, as I think we would be great support for each other. It's hard for some people to get why I can't just get in the gym, but it's been tough since exercises for my back irritate the nerves. Luckily, I managed to get a great deal on a recumbent bike and that's one of the thiings I seem to be able to do, thank goodness!
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Just found out three days ago I have lupus ( sle).Not sure what to expect.
  • joesuew
    joesuew Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! Just "rejoining" fitness pal after a being away for a long time. I've had fibro for at least 11 years now....though the past 2 or 3 have been especially bad. The fatigue and pain has caused me to completely give up on exercising and gain even more weight. I am trying a new protocol treatment for fibro now and its time to also address my diet and start to slowly add back exercise. Would love to link up with others in the community dealing with some of the same things and encourage one another along the way!
  • summersbest
    summersbest Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Was diagnosed with fibro in '08. Have tourette's syndrome and battled clinical depression as well. Gained loads of weight from all the meds and finally had gastric bypass surgery in Sept. '12. Even though I have seen the weight come off with a careful diet, I still struggle daily with chronic fatigue and pain which makes exercising next to impossible. Would love to hear how others manage working out.
  • HopeFaithLove1971
    Options
    Everyone is free to add me as well! :flowerforyou: