Weekend reminder: Pop Tarts and ice cream.

Options

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Remember, pop tarts are not just for breakfast!

mother-teresa-grilled-cheese.jpg

I suppose you could have ice cream for dessert.

Drooooool. I love that picture and can't look at it enough. :wink:
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something. I am on MFP to lose weight and get healthy. Not sure why pop tarts and ice cream would be a topic.:huh:

That's the point. You CAN achieve all your weight and health goals while eating Pop Tarts and ice cream ( or anything else you like). You don't have to avoid the foods you like or love.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options

Holy crap! I seriously want to eat that!
  • kbrogan78
    kbrogan78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am (sadly) not in a place where I can safely have Pop Tarts in my house without binging on them. For those of you awesome enough to control yourself around them, I thought I'd offer that I always see the specialty flavors at Grocery Outlet, if you have those in your area. I never knew how many varieties of Pop Tarts there are until I started shopping at Grocery Outlet. I am especially enamoured by the Pop Tarts decorated for each holiday. I'm a big fan of festive treats. :)

Enjoy!
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options

Website with recipe:

http://www.grilledcheesesocial.com/2010/12/mother-teresa.html
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Did you try the Red Velvet cold? They're the only flavor that I don't like either way. They HAVE to be cold.
    Interesting! No, I didn't try them cold, just toasted. They were so sweet I HAD to put butter on them, which is usually optional. I mean, I made it through the box, but wasn't inclined to try them again.

But we do have Blue Bell Red Velvet ice cream in the fridge, so I could pick up another box and try the combination...

^Do! I made ice cream sandwiches with the Red Velvet and the Blue Bunny Red Velvet ice cream. SO GOOD!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Drool :love: My weekend treat is a big Mac and fries, haven't been to McDonald's in ages. We are taking the kids for a treat tonight.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    What a guy Magerum is!! Always thinking of others with these helpful reminders. :drinker:
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the mountain of pop tarts!

That's just that one flavor..if you saw the others I would probably be committed...

Pop tart hoarding aside, shouldn't you be committed anyway?
    This is one episode of "Hoarders" I'm dying to see...
    :laugh:
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Somebody please explain the Pop-tarts & ice cream fad, please. :embarassed:

This requires an explaination? :huh:
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I must be missing something. I am on MFP to lose weight and get healthy. Not sure why pop tarts and ice cream would be a topic.:huh:
    Because being healthy and losing weight does not mean depriving yourself of things you like.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Somebody please explain the Pop-tarts & ice cream fad, please. :embarassed:

This requires an explaination? :huh:

You took the words right out my mouth!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reminding me. I'm almost certain I will try this if you keep reminding me.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I used to eat pop tarts almost every morning. I love them. The cinnamon brown sugar frosted ones...or the chocolate fudge ones....drooling just thinking about them.

They were BOGO at Publix a couple weeks ago. Couldn't bring myself to buy them tho. I would say I could ration them. But I know that wouldn't work.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options

Bastille_Day_in_my_pants.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    They only made one type of Pop Tarts I liked - apple - and have discontinued them. F*** that frosting crap.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    You can find damn near anything on Amazon.

I have never had a Pop Tart and ice cream sandwich. Perhaps we will do that instead of an ice cream cake for our birthday this year!

(Hubby and I share a birthday, and this year is my turn to choose the cake! LOL)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Because plenty of us have been able to lose weight and get healthy while still enjoying foods we like (in moderation).
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm a Pop Tarts purist. Only the plain strawberry for me (and it's getting harder to find). My hubby gets me a box for my birthday every year. For his birthday, I get him a box of Cap'n Crunch. :bigsmile:
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    So glad i don't like.pop tarts. Lol. Seems those that do are crazy about them! Love a bit of Ben and Jerrys though! :-)