• crazy4fids
    crazy4fids Posts: 173
    Options
    <I'm following NROL4W)>

What is this?
  • sarahann513
    sarahann513 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different! But I think you could definitely see a flat tummy. If you look at before and after pictures of others, it will definitely make you feel better. There are tons of ladies that have done it. I'm 22, and I had a baby in Dec, and I think that even I will have a relatively flat tummy once I'm done. I'm sure I'll have a "mama pooch" but nothing near what I've got now! :)
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    It's only been a few months and you've done a great job. Keep at it and pretty soon you'll be wondering "what belly"?
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on your success so far. like the others have said 3 inches just is one spot is very significant!! you were at 214 and now you are 177!! THATS GREAT :)
    I would say we are our own worst critic..... try thinking of what you would say to make us feel better if we were in this situation.... it would probably be something like - keep on truckin' you will be fine!

You could also try and cutting down refined carbs and sugars - they are energy-dense, and NOT nutrient-dense

Also - just to add my belly is pretty much exactly like yours, the difference between us is that I just gained 10 lbs and you just lost 37 :) so as far as I see it your doing pretty good
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone <3 I feel a whole lot better..
    I'm slowly but surely switching up my diet.. This week I'm getting organic apples and more stuff for salads (I do LOVE veggies and salads!!) I want to try to cut out my frozen dinners.. and pastas all together possibly. I'm just the only one eating this way and we don't have a lot for groceries. I am starting my protein drink every morning again.. I used to make this coffee drink that was amazing.. that and some fruit. I still have my frozen dinners for lunch though.. I'm finding some alternatives though..

Thanks again for the support. No one here understands..

and thanks for all the new friends!

:flowerforyou:
  • JewelSmith
    JewelSmith Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hang in there..you can do it. Like and earlier poster said, check the success board often. There was once someone in your position and they made it. You can make it too!
  • coleybug73
    coleybug73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    <I'm following NROL4W)>

What is this?

It's a book, New Rules of Lifting for Women. It contains info on starting a weight lifting program and includes nutrition info/dietary info. Having no lifting experience, it's been pretty informative for me.
  • monstergirl14
    monstergirl14 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Aw hun, I know exactly how you feel. You should try and fight it as much as you can. I know most of us, if not all of us, have been at a point where we have felt defeated and discouraged; but you must push through it as hard as you can. Those mentalities- those thoughts that tell us we are so far away, that we will never reach our goals- those are the reasons why we fail. You know that you've done well, you know that you've lost weight, you know that you've lost inches; it's just that these things take time. This is a long, long process. We are all doing this the healthy way, we are all developing new habits so that we never get to where we were again. Just remember that it takes a lot out of you to do this over and over again, rather than lose the weight now and keep it off.
    You can do it, you really can.
    Have you tried strength training? That will definitely help melt some inches.
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't have any equipment.. but I do X-Factor.. so crunches and push ups and things like that.. I can feel muscles I didn't know I had O_- I've just been having a really hard time this past like 2 weeks.. I just keep SO much conflicting information about low-carb.. calories don't matter.. cut the refined carbs.. there is so much and I feel like I'm doing everything wrong and I'm going to fail..

This stress I'm putting on myself is not helping me for sure :tongue:
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    I just took a quick peek at your diary, and I'm by no means an expert, but I'd suggest you don't skip breakfast. Get some more lean protein overall. Cut back a little on refined carbs. I'm fighting the belly too, and refined carbs are not my friend. I don't use MFP to log, I started with Lose It and I haven't switched over. But my typical day is:

Breakfast:

1 Hard Boiled Egg
    1 Turkey Sausage Link
    1 Slice whole grain bread
    1 tsp light margarine
    Tea w/non dairy creamer & Splenda (or 1 tsp sugar!)

Lunch
    4 oz GrilledChicken Breast
    1/2 cup steamed broccoli
    1/2 cup steamed green beans
    1 med apple

Dinner
    4 oz Chicken Breast (or other lean protein)
    Small sweet potato
    1 cup of steamed veggies (broccoli, green beans, edamame, etc)
    Maybe a bit of salad

Snacks (varied)
    Nuts
    String Cheese
    Apple
    Kashi Bar
    Sliced peppers
    Grape Tomatoes and a bit of fresh mozzarella with basil vinegarette

I've pretty much stuck to this for the last month, and I can see and feel a difference in the way my pants fit. I've also started lifting weights 3x a week (I'm following NROL4W) and I really like it. I know getting fit isn't going to happen in a month, but as long as I see and feel results, that's what pushes me to keep going. In fact, that's kind of my mantra...keep going!!! We can do this!!

^This except for magarine is spot on^

Thanks for this post, I could really use the menu guidance! :)
  • rbeckner711
    rbeckner711 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I need some inspiration and encouragement..

I know someone who lost 37 pounds and 3 inches off her belly through hard work, and she's not stopping there!

How's that for inspiration?
    exactly right
  • squall88c
    squall88c Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I heard a good analogy before..

Imagine body fat as a (swimming) pool.
    When you drain the pool, the deep end will be the last to be drained.

Abdominal fat is the deep end of the pool & will be the last one to go.

How this analogy will help you, I don't know.
    I'm just sharing it because it helps me understand body fat.

Just keep at it & be patient.
    You already got amazing results to look back on for motivation.
  • zumbajheri
    zumbajheri Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Another gal with no kids to excuse my belly over here!! I'm at 35" right now, 5'4" We can do it!!! I started stronglifts 5x5 Tuesday.
  • sandi117
    sandi117 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on your success so far!

Remember, your body chooses where it wants to lose weight first. I feel I lost a lot of fat out of my thighs first before my stomach started to transform, though I think part of that is due to doing mainly cardio at first - running, doing the C25K program, and using the arc trainer with resistance (it's like an elliptical but better in my opinion, a lot easier on my knees than the elliptical.) I just recently started doing weights, so I'm excited to see what that will do to my body.

I'm 5'10" and started at 210lbs., currently at 185lbs. I've lost 3 inches around my waist so far since I started measuring a month ago (190lbs.), though guestimating I'm sure it's close to 6 inches since starting my journey.

It will start going, I promise! Like I said, your body decides where the fat should be lost first, and usually for most people the stomach area is the slowest/last area.

Here's a picture of my transformation so far.

bbffd4928c2611e28ad722000a9f1498_7.jpg

Left: January - 210, waist 37/38?

Right: Yesterday - 185, waist 32.25

ETA: No kids, just overate and never exercised. I've always been chunky since middle school. I weighed 180-185 all through high school, despite swimming competitively on my high school's team.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Everyone holds their weight differently. I'm the same as you.

You can't spot reduce, and stomach fat can be quite stubborn. Just keep eating at a deficit, lift some weights, and it will happen eventually.
  • carrie_lou
    Options
    I just took a quick peek at your diary, and I'm by no means an expert, but I'd suggest you don't skip breakfast. Get some more lean protein overall. Cut back a little on refined carbs. I'm fighting the belly too, and refined carbs are not my friend. I don't use MFP to log, I started with Lose It and I haven't switched over. But my typical day is:

Breakfast:

1 Hard Boiled Egg
    1 Turkey Sausage Link
    1 Slice whole grain bread
    1 tsp light margarine
    Tea w/non dairy creamer & Splenda (or 1 tsp sugar!)

Lunch
    4 oz GrilledChicken Breast
    1/2 cup steamed broccoli
    1/2 cup steamed green beans
    1 med apple

Dinner
    4 oz Chicken Breast (or other lean protein)
    Small sweet potato
    1 cup of steamed veggies (broccoli, green beans, edamame, etc)
    Maybe a bit of salad

Snacks (varied)
    Nuts
    String Cheese
    Apple
    Kashi Bar
    Sliced peppers
    Grape Tomatoes and a bit of fresh mozzarella with basil vinegarette

I've pretty much stuck to this for the last month, and I can see and feel a difference in the way my pants fit. I've also started lifting weights 3x a week (I'm following NROL4W) and I really like it. I know getting fit isn't going to happen in a month, but as long as I see and feel results, that's what pushes me to keep going. In fact, that's kind of my mantra...keep going!!! We can do this!!

^This except for magarine is spot on^

Thanks for this post, I could really use the menu guidance! :)
    Did you mean Balsamic Vinaigrette? I couldn't find Basil.....but i bought all these items (tons of chicken LOL) and I'm gonna stay on this for the next 5 days then I will let ya know!
  • lauraellie10
    lauraellie10 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Your doing well xx
  • round10
    round10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    it is not possible to just lose belly fat. if you lose weight it will be from all over your body.if it were possible to lose weight off of certain body parts then women would have large tits and small waists and bums.
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Just keep going and never give up, you may have a bad day but it's not the end of the world, I saw a picture of my belly today from 6 months ago today and the difference was massive.

Still overweight but flat chested for the first time in years. :smile:

Not sure if this applies to you as a girl but I've stopped drinking lager since 9th of January, something that most people who know me would think was unbelievable.

The vodka and diet coke is killing my wallet though. :grumble:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!