Toast--what to put on it???

Options

Replies

• MsPudding
    MsPudding Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My favourite thing to have on toast is homemade smoked mackeral pate which is so easy to make it's untrue. I just take 2 smoked mackeral fillets (minus the skin) and whack them into a food processer with a 150g tub of light Ricotta cheese, a big squeeze of lemon, tablespoon of horseradish and some ground cracked black pepper and blend it all up. Plonk it back into the ricotta tub and you've got a nice pate with good oily fish to put on toast the rest of the week.

Other than that:
    - hummus
    - frijolemole
    - fried mushrooms with thyme
    - marmite (I love the XO one)
    - peanut butter
    - lightly cooked, peeled baby broad beans crushed with a little virgin olive oil, garlic and pepper
    - grilled tomatoes (grilled tomatoes on top of marmite is even better!)
    - smoked salmon with a squeeze of lemon
    - marmalade
    - orange blossom honey

On the butter question - it's far, FAR better for you than margerine.
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have toast every morning too and I usually (in the fall) put either Apple Butter or Pumpkin Butter <--- Tastes like pumpkin pie!!! So good and good for you :)

I too use apple butter but now I want to find some pumpkin butter.
  • Dulcemami4ever
    Dulcemami4ever Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I hear honey with cinnamon on toast is good for you
  • agiantmuffin
    Options
    I'm kinda weird but I usually put scrambled eggs on my toast. Love it!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    peanut butter
    peanut butter and banana
    jelly
    jelly and butter
    apple butter
    nutella.
  • dsgoingtodoit
    dsgoingtodoit Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting - there are some good reminders in this post of some things I had forgotten about!
    You've heard most of the faves I have...but here are mine
    avocado
    banana
    butter with cinnamon and stevia(old fashioned cinnamon toast with a healthy twist)
    Greek yogurt with fruit....
    tomato...
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    All Natural Crunchy Peanut Butter and then Drizzled with Honey.... or Cinnamon butter and Drizzled with Honey.... :drinker:
  • XRavenhood
    XRavenhood Posts: 102
    Options
    Best toasted dessert ever: 1 long slice of good-quality bread, natural peanut butter, slices of bananas, and a bunch of (mini) chocolate chips. Stick in a toaster oven until the chocolate chips melt. Amazing.
  • Brianna72994
    Options
    I like Olivio. Its an olive oil spread that tastes just like butter. I also like peanut butter on my toast
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    I LOVE Cottage cheese, cracked pepper and a few chopped Eshallots/Spring onions mixed through with slices of Smoked Salmon on top, yum!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm all about the peanut butter. Spread it on when the toast is just out of the toaster and it gets a little warm and melty. Just thinking about it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Spray butter or low-cal/low-sugar jam.
  • dianesc67
    dianesc67 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I Stopped eating the fake butter and switched to whipped butter ..50 calories a Tbs. While butter is higher in calories, your body can actually break down that fat, unlike margarine . Dr. Oz recommended people to use real whipped butter instead. Also I love peanut butter and sliced banana, sometimes with a bit of honey...filling and so good!!!
  • emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Butter. It's not nearly as bad for as you believe it is.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I love butter and there is nothing wrong with eating it sparingly. I am a fan of low sugar orange marmalade on toasted sandwich slenders. That is sometimes my afternoon snack.
  • sushigirlkris
    Options
    I use Laughing cow cheese.
  • KirstyJo86
    Options
    Avocado - yum yum!
  • DeadliftAddict
    DeadliftAddict Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Continue to eat the butter if you don't have any issues with dairy and add some strawberry jelly. Taste great. Track it and see what your weight does. Make if fit in your macros and you will be fine. *kitten* ain't the serious.
  • _MG_
    _MG_ Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, onion and chive light cream cheese, jelly or jam.
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    AVOCADO is so yummy and healthy. I also love a little real butter with some organic strawberry preserves. yummm Also, if you eat eggs, I love a "birds nest" where you cut out a circle in the middle of the bread and fry an egg in the middle. Topped with some homemade guacamole. Delish.