Do u log ur alcohol/wine ????

Options
Hello everyone

Yes why ????
No why ???

And how impotant is it to log or not to log ????

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

Yes why ????
    No why ???

And how impotant is it to log or not to log ????

Yes, as there's loads of calories in there. Think it something like 8 cals per gram.
  • bryantthomasj
    Options
    if you are actually trying to make changes you should log everthing with honesty. The calories in a glass of wine, beer or liquor is a significant factor if you do anything more than drink sparingly and infrequently so will have an impact on your results if you are acknowledging it. It may also give a reality check as clearly the liver is not operating at it's best if alcohol use is anything more than a glass daily... Good luck ;)
  • scottRN
    scottRN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If it has a calorie it goes in the log. Only way to know for sure what you consumed for the day.
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I log everything including all my drinks and alcohol. It's surprising how many calories are in drinks when you start looking!

Ax
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I love that this is being asked on St. Patrick's Day. Yes. If you are serious at all you will record your alcohol consumption. I understand people that don't log celery, but come on! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • caroleannlight
    caroleannlight Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes - wine /beer is one of my weaknesses. I want to fit it into my lifestyle and calories how can I do that if i don't log it?
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Of course - they have massive amounts of calories and really impact your weight.

I love drinks. I know that I have to run for 45 minutes for ONE 6oz margarita, and I do it.

I've been having more lower calorie drinks lately though - like rum and diet coke.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Pop Quiz!!!

Does it have calories? Yes [x] No [ ]

Do you log your calories? Yes [x] No [ ]

Do you wish to succeed with your weight loss plan? Yes [x] No [ ]

If you checked Yes in one or more boxes, then you should log your alcohol
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Pop Quiz!!!

Does it have calories? Yes [x] No [ ]

Do you log your calories? Yes [x] No [ ]

Do you wish to succeed with your weight loss plan? Yes [x] No [ ]

If you checked Yes in one or more boxes, then you should log your alcohol

This is the first pop quiz EVER that I got 100% on. That might be a slight lie, I was a little bit of a nerd when I was younger...
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is so high in calories by volume that if you didn't log it, you'd be in big trouble at the end of the day.

There are days that I could drink more in alcohol than I should eat in a day. If I didn't log it, I'd never know to stop at 1 or 2 drinks.

:flowerforyou:
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Yes. yes yes yes.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I log everything. alcohol included. because it has a plethora of calories and influences my diet.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I think the real question is, why would you not?
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    why would anyone answer no and feel like theyre not cheating themselves? it has calories, therefore i log it
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Only if I drink it.
  • nolainspiration
    Options
    Yes - wine /beer is one of my weaknesses. I want to fit it into my lifestyle and calories how can I do that if i don't log it?

This.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    of course not. i don't need people here judging me and telling me i need to go to meetings.
  • April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Log it! I rarely drink but had one of my dab drinks the other night. Came home and logged it.....551 calories for my 12 oz! So glad I didn't order two! :drinker:
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    only if i am under in my calories by a lot. Alcohol actually burns itself! There was a MFP post on this a couple months back.......
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I log everything, solid and liquid. Because I set a goal for myself and am really trying to stay within that goal and figure out how my choices are helping or hurting me in that regard. Live and learn, right?

You're going to read a lot of different opinions, but there's no right or wrong answer, really.

Bottom line: Alcoholic beverages can be high in calories, so apply sound judgment when it comes to logging vs. not logging them because they can really end up sabotaging your goals.