Pregnancy 2010 - June

Options

Replies

• 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    Third trimester's healthiest food is up ... and it makes your baby smarter!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/101942-salmon-3rd-trimester-healthiest-foods-to-eat-during-preg
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Third trimester's healthiest food is up ... and it makes your baby smarter!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/101942-salmon-3rd-trimester-healthiest-foods-to-eat-during-preg

Thanks!! :drinker: LOL
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I weighed in this am and........I was disappointed to find that I had gained back 1.5lbs :( I'm just gonna have to step up my game for the next month and half. I really would like to reach 160 by August which is our month to TTC. Sigh.......gonna have to do this!

On another note I think I have decided to use cloth diapers thanks to Ms. Constance Marie take a gander and let me know your thoughts......thought I would def want my Preggo 2010 sistas to weigh in on the topic.

http://celebritybabies.people.com/2010/06/02/constance-maries-blog-why-i-chose-cloth-diapers/
  • Caliwaters25
    Options
    Hello Ladies

Yolie- Congrats on the new baby she really is beautiful and what a surprise to have her come early :wink:

Okay weighed in today, so far doing really good. I am so glad the scale was nice to me I have been trying not to be too bad. I had a need for ice cream so I had some but it was a small 200 calorie serving instead of a big bowl. I haven't been logging enough but thankfully I have had some MS that I don't really want that much food. Going to try to hit the gym again this week I have been on and off because of my back. My lower back hurts after I do the elliptical or walking on the treadmill but I think if I do a yoga video with lots of stretching that might help. Have a great week everyone!:flowerforyou:

SW 164
    CW 165.8
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I'm up a pound this week :grumble: :grumble: but with the way I ate on our trip over the weekend I should be happy that's all I gained. Cuban food, Italian food and The Cheesecake Factory - I'm surprised I can still button up my pants!!

TTC update: I told my husband that we need to use a back up method this month since I'm taking antibiotics and that can mess with the pill. (My plan was to start TTC after a year of marriage he wanted to wait 5 years. :huh: I some how managed to talk him into waiting a year and a half.) He decided that we're not going to use a back up! His exact words were: "our plan was to get married and have babies. So what if it happens 6 months earlier than we wanted? I'm not going anywhere."

As much as I wanted to get to my goal weight before I got pregnant - I'm all about babies!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    159 lbs this week. I gained 2 pounds ina week??!
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm up a pound this week :grumble: :grumble: but with the way I ate on our trip over the weekend I should be happy that's all I gained. Cuban food, Italian food and The Cheesecake Factory - I'm surprised I can still button up my pants!!

TTC update: I told my husband that we need to use a back up method this month since I'm taking antibiotics and that can mess with the pill. (My plan was to start TTC after a year of marriage he wanted to wait 5 years. :huh: I some how managed to talk him into waiting a year and a half.) He decided that we're not going to use a back up! His exact words were: "our plan was to get married and have babies. So what if it happens 6 months earlier than we wanted? I'm not going anywhere."

As much as I wanted to get to my goal weight before I got pregnant - I'm all about babies!!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hey, maybe will will all get "lucky" together. I know there are at least three of us TTC for the first time this month, or at least not taking measures to prevent it:smile:

I should find out while I am in Mexico if I am or am not. I don't plan to test until I get back, since I am supposed to get AF while there. I guess thats a good thing, since I will be relaxed and hopefully wont be too dissapointed if AF comes.

Hope you are all having a great week. Work is CRAZY, so I haven't been to focused on loging my food. I guess my next weigh in might be a bit rough:noway:
  • Vinbelle
    Vinbelle Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey ladies....I have been pretty quiet on this board lately. I wanted to say congrats to all the ladies that have gotten their BFP. I am also trying to conceive the month of June. We started trying last month but it was a bust. I found out that I have low progesterone which pretty much causes me to not Ovulate. My levels on the 5th of May was at 1.84....which is very low. So I was put on Clomid and on the 31st of May my levels were check again and it was 21.95 which means I ovulated that month. So the good new it works for me it extended my Luteal phase to 15 dpo I was like clock work and it was 11 or 12 dpo which doesnt give the egg enough time to implant. So I am hoping that June is my month for me.....I have noticed that their are more ladies that are also TTC. Yeah!! Hope everyone is doing well....and I havent lost or gained any weight :(
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies! It was a busy weekend, then I was out of town at the beginning of the week, so I have been MIA for a while. We're still TTC - so hopefully the end of the month will bring some good news!

The new baby is PRECIOUS!!!! Congratulations!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    Good luck and Congratulations to all the TTC'ers. Hope it's your month.
    I'm still the same, haven't lost any, but somedays I gain a pound. Gotta get down to business soon. And the girls nights out don't help either. Need to start logging more.
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Finds it entertaining the way people look at me when I walk around with a starbucks cup in my hand. I wish someone would say something so that I could release some of these hormones I've been carrying around. haha
  • paldal
    Options
    you can always vent here, that's what we are for....besides typing angrily probably helps burn some calories. :wink:
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how long after ovulation the BBT jumps?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    day after ovulation
  • kcurtis05
    kcurtis05 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!

CONGRATS ON THE NEW ADDITION! Absolutely beautiful!

I weighed in today and only .4 lbs down. I guess I'll take it, but I didn't meet my monthly goal like I wanted to. :ohwell: Still not TTC but not preventing either. Hope everyone trying has fun and "good luck" :flowerforyou:

I am planning on using cloth diapers! I can not believe the waste disposables are! Also, it helps that my mother in law makes diapers. My DH and I have 5 nieces and nephews and they all used cloth. We both agree that it may be more work but less expensive and better for the environment. :smile:
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Kcurtis05 - Is there a reason your 2nd goal is lower than your 3rd goal weight? ;-)
  • kd_0115
    kd_0115 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi Angela, I just wanted to send you a quick note because I am on the same page with you regarding the sugar issue. I always go over my sugar, too. If the sugar is coming from natural sources (milk, fruit, etc.) I think it is ok. What we should really be avoiding are the processed, refined sugars. I try to buy bread & cereal with the least amount of sugar, and I only eat plain yogurt - none of the flavored stuff. We are supposed to be eating a lot of veggies & fruits, so I try not to worry too much about the natural sugar in those foods because it is coupled with fiber & nutrients that we need.

I used to eat salad for lunch every day, but I have sort of burned out on salad for the time being. I like the Boka chik'n patties on a whole wheat english muffin with some laughing cow cheese. I don't eat them everyday because my doctor stressed the importance of varying the diet so the baby is exposed to many different foods. I also like the V8 soups with some whole grain crackers. And I try to eat at least one fruit & one veggie with every meal. For lunch it's either baby carrots, apples, oranges, cucumbers or celery. If I think of any other good lunch tips, I'll let you know!
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    Thanks for the tips! My coworker connected me with a friend of hers who is a nutritionist. She said the same thing, that the limit of sodium and sugar aren't natural sodium and sugars (found in eggs, fruits, etc) it's usually from processed foods (ice cream, cereal, soups, etc). If you have high blood pressure your doc might want you to limit your sodium further ...

She also gave me a list of low sodium/sugar snack ideas that are great for getting you through the day. I attached it below for anyone interested:

Quick, Easy, Nutritious Healthy Snacks

 Trail mix (dried fruit, raw nuts, seeds, chocolate chips)
     Unsalted tortilla chips with bean dip and salsa
     Whole grain crackers with hummus*
     Apple with nut butter (unsalted peanut, almond, walnut, etc)
     Yogurt and home-made granola
     Homemade quesadilla (whole wheat tortilla, melted cheese and/or no added salt canned refried beans)
     Whole grain toast with unsalted peanut butter and sliced banana
     Fresh veggies (sliced cucumber, carrots, broccoli) with dip
     Experiment with homemade “energy bars”.
     Fruit smoothie (frozen berries, yogurt, ½ banana, ice)
     Whole grain crackers with 1 tablespoon peanut butter and handful of grapes
     Orange with a handful of 8 almonds
     Small whole grain bagel with light cream cheese
     1 cup of lentil or bean soup (low sodium brands include some at Trader Joes, Amy’s low sodium, and Campbells low sodium)
     Celery with almond butter and raisins (“ants on a log”)
     2 corn tortillas with vegetarian or fat free refried beans and/or low salt salsa

* Hummus Recipe
    1 can (15 ounce) garbanzo beans, drained
    ¼ cup roasted tahini
    2 Tbsp lemon juice
    1 clove garlic, crushed
    Little salt and pepper

Place all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add water if mixture is too thick. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Hummus is a high fiber, high protein snack that keeps well in the refrigerator. It goes well with fresh cut veggies and pita chips. You can buy pre-made hummus at the grocery store, but it’s faster, fresher, and cheaper to make your own.
  • paldal
    Options
    Thanks Angela, that's great info and great recipes for any one's lunch/dinner.
    The easier way to cut sodium would probably to wash all canned vegetables anyway.
    And like a couple of people said, "healthy" sugar is good sugar.