2»

Replies

• LexiBlack12
    LexiBlack12 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input!
  • Courtney_Pool
    Options
    Juice fasting is amazing! I've done almost 200 days of juice cleansing so far (not in a row, though part of that was a 60-day Juice Cleanse!)
  • LexiBlack12
    Options
    Did you manage to lose weight and keep it off?
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy stuff, do some HIIT and eat correctly.

Also drink water.

Documentaries tend to be extremely one sided and therefore can't be relied upon for accurate information.

Your body is perfectly capable of cleansing itself.
  • LexiBlack12
    Options
    Bump
  • LexiBlack12
    Options
    Bump
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    I've come across "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" documentary. For those who are unfamiliar with this, it's about an overweight man who goes on a 60 day juice fast and loses an astonishing 82 lbs. Many have tried the juice fast and have sworn by it.

I'm 5'9", 146 lbs, and am in a healthy weight range. I've had problems with my midsection, in fact I've never In my life had a flat or slim midsection. My weight for some reason sits around my stomach. my stomach makes me look pregnant, and no I'm not exaggerating. I've tried everything. I don't smoke. I don't drink. I eat healthy overall and excersise. Nothing has worked. I've considered doing a juice fast. since it eliminates fat intake, perhaps my body will use the fat around my midsection. I obviously wouldn't do the fast for as long as Joe did.

Does this something that sounds like it will work? What are you're thoughts?
    Thank you so much,
    Lexi

Try a wheat (gluten) and grains elimination diet. it sounds more like bloat than anything else. If, after a few days off those two things, and your belly hasn't deflated, then see a gastroenterologist. It sounds like you're doing everything right, so it might be food related. Juice fasts sound like a crock to me -- and you need protein and fats.

Try this ^^ first. You would be better off on a low starch, grain free, wheat free diet, with plenty of veggies, lean meat, and healthy fat, and eggs. I have been doing this for two weeks and I feel very good. My bloat disappeared after the first day.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    In "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" both guys were extremely overweight and had major skin allergies. In your case you are at a healthy weight for your size and didn't list any major medical problems. If you want to lose weight, try adding smoothies to your diet. Greens and fruit smoothies are really good, filling and low in calories. The more greens like spinach and kale the more protein it will have. Also another great weight loss trick is to cut out breads and grains except brown rice, wild rice, amaranth, quinoa or buckwheat. I've been losing weight steadily on this diet and not losing but gaining muscle mass. Lean proteins like fish, chicken and turkey are also good.