Any petite ladies out there!

Options

Replies

• Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    the comments on these posts are cracking me up.

I'm not *quite* 5'2", 175 right now. Started out around 196 at my heaviest, got down to 162 and then gained about half of it back. Started back at working out in January at 181, I think.

I think the reason we shorties look for other shorties on here is that weight distribution and calorie needs are different for us than for taller women. :)

I have no issues with being 'short', I honest never, ever think about it, unless I'm seeing people talk about being a size 10 and weighing what I weigh! It's obvious that height determines weight and clothing size, and it's super hard to judge progress if you don't realize that.

Like someone else mentioned, seeing a picture of someone our own height at maybe our goal weight can give us an idea of what we "might" look like. Or at least an approximation.
  • Dawn793
    Dawn793 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and went from 195 lbs to 129.6 lbs in just over a year now. I don't have an pictures other then my profile picture that was taken at 140ish lbs. My goal is 120 lbs.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I don't care for tall people. They use up all the water, washing their giant clothes and taking longer showers. They are destroying the environment! :angry:
    :noway: :laugh:
  • ericasf
    ericasf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this thread. :-). I'm 5'0 and am working my way down the scale as well. And I agree with the OP.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I don't care for tall people. They use up all the water, washing their giant clothes and taking longer showers. They are destroying the environment! :angry:

Oh well that's a little unfair!

All you "petite" people make my life WAY more difficult.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" Tug on leg.

"Can you reach this?" "Can you reach that?"

And I would actually argue that you shorter folks tend to go through shoes alot quicker than taller people due to the unnecessary amount of steps you guys need to take to get from point A to point B. THose shoes are clogging up landfills and doing irreparable damage to the environment!

:mad:

Do you know how much more fabric needs to be manufactured for your stupid giant clothes? Those poor little children in the sweatshops do! :angry:

And for everyone of those petite children in sweat shops there's two or three tall people grabbing stuff off shelves that they can't reach!

This is absurd! Am I the only one making any sense anymore?

You can be replaced by a ladder.

ZING lmao
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    i'm confused.

is petite a code word for hobbit-sized?

do hobbits have to eat more often because they have smaller stomachs?

what exactly is the height difference between a hobbit and a halfling?

do halflings also have hairy feet?

i have so many questions....

I'm kinda hobbit-sized.

With prettier feet.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    i'm confused.

is petite a code word for hobbit-sized?

do hobbits have to eat more often because they have smaller stomachs?

what exactly is the height difference between a hobbit and a halfling?

do halflings also have hairy feet?

i have so many questions....

I'm kinda hobbit-sized.

With prettier feet.

petite women with furry feet is probably not such a bad thing on cold winter nights. :tongue:
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and have gone from 170 to 128. Pics in profile!

Incredible! If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take you to go from 170 to 128?

Edit: I'm 4'9 1/2'', and I truly have no problem with being short and having tall friends. I mean my husband is 6'2'' (you can kind of see the height difference in my profile picture), but it definitely is discouraging when I gain some weight because you can see it almost right away. When my taller friends gain weight, you can't even tell unless they put on a significant amount of weight. I feel like it is nice to relate to women of a similar build.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm petite! I'm 5'0". Working my way down to goal, slowly but surely.

4 months in and 27 lbs down. Here's a pic of me at 25 lbs down:

9bde1496-6cdd-4152-b7ba-6ae7b5f28996_zpsfb3d2d75.jpg
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    ^^Wow, great work!
  • Tulipbirdy
    Options
    im 5' 3 and im realy on the beginning if my journey. anyone can add me:) it would be fun to see some petite friends' s progress
  • sangeyvang
    sangeyvang Posts: 182
    Options
    I'm petite! I'm 5'0". Working my way down to goal, slowly but surely.

4 months in and 27 lbs down. Here's a pic of me at 25 lbs down:

9bde1496-6cdd-4152-b7ba-6ae7b5f28996_zpsfb3d2d75.jpg

you look great!! i am 5'0 and working my way down to 130(for now anyway!) :)))
  • xcmum
    xcmum Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm 5'1ish and now 121 lbs. This is the lowest i have been for years :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    oh and I am 5'2, went from 170 - 113 , lowest was 109 last march , trying to get back there but stuck at 113 :happy:
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I'm not a petite lady although I certainly admire their features.

I guess I'm just curious as to why petite women are always wanting to add other petite women?

Do you girls not feel confident around taller women?

Does it make you feel uncomfortable and less womanly and stuff?

Do you girls have like pillow fights and the tall ones have way too much of an advantage?

I think we just want to see how other short girls look like with the weight they carry and give each other support :3

I don't really even notice any differences in height, unless the person is close to 2meters. I love extremely tall people though.. guys especially :P makes me want to challenge them for some strange reason!

And nope, not uncomfortable at all, I feel quite feminine to be shorter than the average girl too :3 I like to be called 'pocket hottie' xD Never saw my shortness as any disadvantage, unless something is so high that I can't reach it :P

I'm 5'3'' and heaviest I've been was 141lbs, lightest about 110lbs. Now 116lbs.
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Why do we say ''petite''? Is "small woman" incorrect or rude?
  • Sandylovesm
    Sandylovesm Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Why do we say ''petite''? Is "small woman" incorrect or rude?

I guess "short woman'' would be even more correct. Sorry, my mothertongue is not English and I'm always curious about the way english language would use this type of words more than another ;)
  • jadelucywatson1
    jadelucywatson1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm not a petite lady although I certainly admire their features.

I guess I'm just curious as to why petite women are always wanting to add other petite women?

Do you girls not feel confident around taller women?

Does it make you feel uncomfortable and less womanly and stuff?

Do you girls have like pillow fights and the tall ones have way too much of an advantage?

I think it's because us little ladies carry our weight quite differently to taller people. A small gain can often be more noticeable on someone with a petite frame. I'm 5"0 and you can really see when I've put on a few pounds. In order to be at the centre of my BMI and a healthy weight for my frame, which is short with wide hips I need to weigh in at 105-110lbs. A lot of taller people I've had as friends on here have criticised me for having such a low goal weight, but fail to consider that it is what is healthy for my frame. We also need fewer calories so are often on 1200 calories per day - another target for criticism. Not only that, but 1200 calories is a really tough limit to stick to so I often find myself needing support from people in the same boat as me.
  • Ash_Diya
    Ash_Diya Posts: 36
    Options
    5'2 and a quarter ( get that I am a quater inch taller than 5'2 ....lol), 175 lbs, new mom to a 5 month old. Aiming to be 130.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm petite in height. I'm 5'1" so I'm definitely short. My husband is a foot taller than me lol. Short women come in all shapes, weight, and body types. I have a larger bone structure thanks to my birth father, and I'm curvy like my grandma lol. I weigh 149 lbs. right now. The lowest I should go is 125-130, maybe even 132 lbs. You can friend me petite ladies! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!