Any petite ladies out there!

Options

Replies

• cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    5'2 and a quarter ( get that I am a quater inch taller than 5'2 ....lol), 175 lbs, new mom to a 5 month old. Aiming to be 130.

I'm a new mommy too, and my baby boy is 5 months old too.
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft and weigh more than my tall friends! :(, although im not "over weight" because of my height any weight is so much more noticable. Trying to lose 10lbs to 14lbs but as they say "the last 10lbs is the most difficult" so i'm finding it really tough! When i watch what im eating im very good at maintaining my weight too bad its already too late for that! lol. Plus the fact that im only 23 means i find it extremelyyyyy difficult to cut out alcohol! I did it last year, i stayed in and didnt drink for the majority of the year and it just was not worth it, i still didn't lose the weight i wanted too and had such a boring year! So this year im determined to find a way to lose weight while still enjoying normal life and having fun! They say nothing tastes as good as skinny feels and although id love to be skinny whats the point if ur BORING! haha. xxx
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm not a petite lady although I certainly admire their features.

I guess I'm just curious as to why petite women are always wanting to add other petite women?

Do you girls not feel confident around taller women?

Does it make you feel uncomfortable and less womanly and stuff?

Do you girls have like pillow fights and the tall ones have way too much of an advantage?

Lol: Do you know any exercises to make me taller?.... JK.

I love tall women, but I do tend to add other "petite" women on here because, though I don't think we all need to eat 1,200, I think we do have to eat less. And it's nice to not be jealous of the tall, beautiful women that still get to eat 2,500 calories. :P

I'm 5'1", HW 160-ish CW 131 GW 115-ish.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Tall people always walk around so arrogantly, showing off that they can reach the top rack in the grocery store, like they never need to ask for help for anything.

Well guess what! I can save money by buying my workout clothes in the little girls section so HA ON YOU!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I also want to say on a serious note that just because we are short (I'm only 5'0) that does not mean that we need to eat less calories. Please don't think that because you are under 5'3 that you somehow should be eating 1000 calories a day or something. That's not true. I consume 1600-1800 right now.

I'm heavily into weight training and I do enjoy certain types of cardio like running or zumba or other circuit trainings, but my main focus is lifting.

Anyone can add me if they need a friend!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I am currently 132 trying to get to 120! I was 123 last summer, had some female issues and gained weight. So trying to get back down again!!
  • HodderAL
    HodderAL Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I also want to say on a serious note that just because we are short (I'm only 5'0) that does not mean that we need to eat less calories. Please don't think that because you are under 5'3 that you somehow should be eating 1000 calories a day or something. That's not true. I consume 1600-1800 right now.

I second this! I'm 5' 3" and I eat about 1600 - 2000 to lose. I can easily maintain at 2500. Don't get stuck thinking you need to eat like a bird to lose.
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm NOT short, I'm FUN size! :blushing:

The pic in profile was taken Saturday after my race. I'm 4'11" and at goal weight 115#.
  • astra1547
    astra1547 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi..My height is 4.ft 11.in. When i joined this site i weighed 182.lbs. I now weigh 178.lbs. I've still got a long way to go to get within the guidelines of NOT being obese.I will be happy to reach that target, then will go to lose the rest of my unwanted excess fat.
    It has been and is slow going for me, because i can only do light exercises due to health reasons.

Before i joined this site i was 91 kilos which is 15.st.12.lbs. I think that's 220.lbs. That was 2010. When weighed myself i was shocked to see how much weight i had gained and thought I've got to do something about this ( after my GP had given me a dressing down a few weeks previous and told me i would be housebound if i don't lose the weight or worse) I then thought "how the hell am i going to do this" I gave myself a 7.lb target to reach and so on and it worked for me with a struggle, so i was on my way down, I'm a loser..lol. I have got 31.lbs left to reach my target of NOT being obese
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'...started at 165, goal is 115. I'm currently 128. It's getting a little more difficult now that I'm getting closer to my goal! Feel free to add me, I could always use more motivating friends, especially ones with similiar goals!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Why do we say ''petite''? Is "small woman" incorrect or rude?

I don't think the latter is rude, but "petite" has a specific meaning in the garment industry. Petite women have different proprtions, shorter arms and legs, for example. Petite-sized clothes are cut differently and fit better as a result. When someone uses petite in a general sense, they usually mean someone with a small frame. You can be petite and tall. Small woman suggests short.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    Why do we say ''petite''? Is "small woman" incorrect or rude?

I guess "short woman'' would be even more correct. Sorry, my mothertongue is not English and I'm always curious about the way english language would use this type of words more than another ;)

As I explained in another response,"short woman" would not be an adequate substitute for "petite" in many contexts. You can be tall and petite. It relates to frame size and shorter proportions. Two women can be 5', but one may wear a regular size, while the other would do better with a petite cut. They could wear the same numerical size.

There are plenty of native English speakers who are unaware of this distinction.
  • mfpcopine
    Options

If you're actually losing weight, sure you can eat that amount of calories. I couldn't.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 5'2", CW: 136.5 lbs (BF 26.9%), GW: 120 lbs (BF 18%).
  • April_Christine
    April_Christine Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    4'11" and stalled...anyone can add me, PLZ!!! lol!
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    It's not that we don't want to be friends with taller women. I love being friends will all different types of women and we often have a lot in common.

Maybe this is just for me, but because I am petite, it does not only apply to my height. My entire frame is very small, so a lot of things are different for me. With other petite women, we can share in understanding calorie goals, weight lifting goals, clothing resources (xxs), even where to buy shoes (since a lot of us have feet smaller than the smallest size sold in most mainstream stores at the mall). And discuss certain challenges or issues we may have. And because we are small, people will misunderstand why our weight is so low, but still healthy. Those are just some examples.

I'm 5'2", but not trying to lose weight.

Also, tall women post threads like this also. As well as women of different body types and frame sizes (those things are not height dependent, but can vary with height also).

As I've discussed before, you and I are the same height, weight, and frame size, but we're differently shaped, which is why in theory I'm trying to lose a few more pounds. You're younger and more active (a dancer) and have a naturally fast metabolism, even after becoming a mother. (You hit the lottery. :-) )

Everyone's one different. We have to deal with what we've got.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and started at 143 and am currently at 117.5. My goal is 115.
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    How short do you need to be to be considered 'petite'? Is it like 5'3" and under?

This is my guesstimate for these classifications:
    Petite :5'3" and under
    Average 5'4" - 5'7"
    Tall 5'8" and up

is this around what you all think? If this is right then i'm just boring ol' average at 5'5".....ahhh the joys of mediocrocy.
  • mfpcopine
    Options
    How short do you need to be to be considered 'petite'? Is it like 5'3" and under?

This is my guesstimate for these classifications:
    Petite :5'3" and under
    Average 5'4" - 5'7"
    Tall 5'8" and up

is this around what you all think? If this is right then i'm just boring ol' average at 5'5".....ahhh the joys of mediocrocy.

Clothing sizing sites often use 5'3 as the cut off, but it is possible to be taller and fit into petite sizes.
    It's a huge (so to speak) advantage to be in the average range. So many more choices, the ability to wait for sales...
  • becca53088
    Options
    I am 5'2" (actually about 5'1 3/4" haha) and went from 244.4 to 142.4 so far. I am looking to get down to 120!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!