No alcohol, Part 3!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I do this a few times a year and it really pays off. Summer is tough with all the cook-outs and parties but you can do it! Think how hot you will look on your vacation :) Good luck it can be done I promise!

Awwww, thanks! ;-). Yes I will keep "looking hot" on my mind to motivate me!!
  • tameka1220
    tameka1220 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I agree Dave - I know a few on one of the threads I frequent, who have trouble staying away. I would totally love to join a group of like-minded lushes.

LOL!!! Do it dave! Get it started! I'm in!
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    LIke Minded Lushes! What a perfect name! What do we do, just start a recurring thread with that title?
  • RB12000
    RB12000 Posts: 43
    Options
    LIke Minded Lushes! What a perfect name! What do we do, just start a recurring thread with that title?

Love it... I'm in!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    I never saw this thread before.
    Previously I noticed that I wouldn't have any alcohol during the week, and then have a couple of beers on the weekend, I didn't lose any weight that week.
    So, I stopped drinking Jan 2010. I even attended superbowl/poker party and brought my bottle of water while everyone else got sloshed. I started drinking again on my vacation/wedding/honeymoon in May 2010.

Now that i'm back and on track again, I have stopped drinking alcohol, and it's been about 2 weeks.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

Yeah, maybe start it under the Motivation/Support header?
  • surlydave
    surlydave Posts: 512 Member
    Options

Yeah, maybe start it under the Motivation/Support header?

IT'S DONE! Come find it! Sorry to steal your personal thunder Tameka lol
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Ahh - we'll keep motivating Tameka here too! :bigsmile:
  • leftyy2k4
    leftyy2k4 Posts: 71
    Options
    I have given up alcohol. I quit smoking couple years ago and decided to throw alcohol in this year. I might have a drink on a special occasion but the weekly social drinking is gone.

To many calories that do me no good. Same as smoking did me no good.
  • skilleen
    skilleen Posts: 5
    Options
    You had me at lushes!
  • KathleenAGarrity
    KathleenAGarrity Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I have been on my weight loss plan for months now and the scale hasnt budged - Sure, I have lost inches -but you never get the same satisfaction as you do when the scale drops. I decided to change it up - I eliminated my bottle of wine of the weekends all together. I havent had a drop of alchol in a month and have lost a pound per week in that time!
    FINALLY!
    FInally some change. I have always heard that alchol can slow down the loss of fat, but I didnt think that 3 or 4 glasses of wine over a weekend could have that much control over my weight loss!

Looks like it will be a dry summer for me!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I have been on my weight loss plan for months now and the scale hasnt budged - Sure, I have lost inches -but you never get the same satisfaction as you do when the scale drops. I decided to change it up - I eliminated my bottle of wine of the weekends all together. I havent had a drop of alchol in a month and have lost a pound per week in that time!
    FINALLY!
    FInally some change. I have always heard that alchol can slow down the loss of fat, but I didnt think that 3 or 4 glasses of wine over a weekend could have that much control over my weight loss!

Looks like it will be a dry summer for me!
    Congrads. Stargirl87 - You see the light!!

I hope the other "lushes" read your post, as I was in the same situation. It's not just the calories of the alcoholic drink.

If you look at all the people that are in the "lush" thread, none of them have lost a significant amount of weight.
    I can see a pattern.:glasses: :noway:

Tameka - Keep it up. Just think of being able to celebrate your weight loss at the end with a alcoholic drink. It'll have alot more
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    Tameka, I'm so glad you had posted this! I read your thread last week but forgot to comment so I couldn't find it to check on your WL. Congrats!!! I will certainly continue to follow now that I know where to look, and I'm going to join the "lush" group after this:drinker:

I usually don't drink during the week, and it is not unusual for me to not drink on weekends depending on the plans, but when I do have a drink, it usually brings along 4 or 5 of its friends! That is my biggest challenge is to learn the moderation when "going out", but I gave up drinking completely during Lent and once you notice all of the social drinking you do, it is tough to change. Keep at it girl!!:bigsmile: