Need quick breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• ilonawie
    ilonawie Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    yeah, like everyone has said, oatmeal...I've been getting these precooked steel cut oatmeal microwaveable bowls (brand name minsley) and they are awesome.. takes 1 minute, 170 calories, filling, and I don't have to wash the bowl :-) amazon has them

also, regular old cereal is always quick. just make sure you measure out an actual serving....that was my biggest pre-mfp mistake! I'd fill the big bowl to the top, put a couple of cups of milk in, and think I was eating alright.

I will try oatmeal...but I can't do cereal...it does not fill me up...I am hungry after 1 hour
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I love my herbalife healthy meal+ protein shakes or I heat up a special K flat bread sandwich :)
  • Victorian131
    Options
    You can never go wrong with Porridge :) 2 mins in the microwave, with 1% milk a portion can be less than 150kcal and keeps me fuller than if I had twice the amount of calories of another food. I have tried the Belivita breakfast biscuits for just under 300kcal but am hungry again within a couple of hours really. I'm hard to please in a morning (foodwise) as I'm never hungry and always very very grumpy but porridge with a handful of blueberries or a dollop of honey always seems to work for me :)
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have seen lots of recipes for muffin-tin breakfasts. It usually involves a scrambled egg/egg white mixture to which you add whatever favorite ingredients you like, along with cheese and seasonings. They freeze well, and you can make a bunch ahead of time, and then just pop one in the microwave. Pintrest usually has a lot of these kind of recipes.
  • jcc4
    jcc4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Anything you want...

Each night I pack my meals for the next day (including breakfast) . The next morning all I have to do is zap it in the microwave and presto! gtg.
  • LabMonkeySteph85
    Options
    A whole grain waffle with peanut butter and half a sliced banana. Folded in half like a pita. Yum!