NSV - for me

Options
Justamom410
Justamom410 Posts: 90 Member
I've never been able to run...or jog even....for more than a few seconds. Yes, that's how badly out of shape I was/am. At 240lbs there was no way I could run.

Today, I jogged for an entire minute at 4.5 mi/hr. It may not seem like alot to some...but for me, this is huge.

Replies

• Mindochka
    Mindochka Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! That is a huge accomplishment! Keep up the great work!
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congratulations.
    That is one of my goals too.
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and you might look into couch to 5K, it worked for me.
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    I've never been able to run...or jog even....for more than a few seconds. Yes, that's how badly out of shape I was/am. At 240lbs there was no way I could run.

Today, I jogged for an entire minute at 4.5 mi/hr. It may not seem like alot to some...but for me, this is huge.

OF COURSE that is HUGE!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!! AWESOME!!! CONGRATS!!! (Can you tell I am excited for ya??) I have always had issues with jogging ... forget running ... due to problems with my knees. Just keep working on it ... and again, Congratulations!
  • ausped
    ausped Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT! congratulations. I remember running my first minute and almost crying at the end. Keep it up!
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    That is GREAT!!! That's how I started running.... and I have a serious love/hate relationship with it!
  • mjm9003
    mjm9003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Don't negate your success! Thats incredible
  • lilred806
    lilred806 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I felt/was the same way 4 weeks ago @ 200 lbs. I'm doing the C25K program and last week I ran for 90sec/3 min intervals. Thought I was untouchable regardless of the sprinters on the treadmill next to me:)
    Today is my first day of 5 minute intervals and I need some prayers. If you want info on the Couch to 5K let me know. I feel like it is pushing me at a perfect rate. (although I might feel different tomorrow):wink:
    Good on you, I know what an amazing accomplishment it is, and the courage it takes to even go for it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!