Whatcha Makin' for DINNER tonight?

Options

Replies

• immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have some Cajun baked flounder with some "oven-fried" fiber one okra and some rice. The hubby is having something to with chicken since he wasn't over the moon with my last flounder dinner and he hates okra. He'll probably end up with broccoli, squash, cauliflower, carrot mixture steamed with Italian seasoning and rice as well.

I had cajun baked flounder for lunch today (and yesterday)... mmmm...!!

What's "fiber one" okra???
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Its my boyfriends saturday so we are going out to dinner (plus this way I can get him to pay for the cat litter for his cat). We are going to Famuos Dave's and I found out today that my fave dish (with a few modifications) is one of the more healthy options. I budgeted my calories all day for dinner even if it wasnt.

So I am having a Sassy Bbq chicken salad. I pass on the corn muffin and going to ask them to put the dressing on the side. I might spluge and have ice tea (unsweet of course) or maybe just water like normal.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Grilled turkey burgers (jenny-o frozen ones cause I forgot to dig out meat to thaw :frown: )
    1/2 of a left over long roll as a bun (before they get REALLY stale)
    cheese and assorted toppings (onions, tomato, spinach leaves, etc.)

Oven roasted 8 ball squash (they look like round zucchini and yellow squash - about softball size) with EVOO and garlic

may make a simple salad too, but we'll see how we feel :laugh:
  • scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    Options
    Had this salad with a couple of vegetarian sausage rolls. Salad was lovely but I'd use less mint next time.

Grilled courgette salad with chilli, feta and pine nuts

This is my favourite type of salad: warm, pretty, full of flavour and good for you.

Serves 4-6

4 courgettes
    80ml extra-virgin olive oil
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    60g currants
    60g pine nuts
    2 baby gem lettuces, cut into ribbons
    1 large handful of mint leaves, roughly chopped
    2 red chillies, finely chopped
    140g feta cheese
    Juice of ½ lemon

Cut the courgettes lengthwise into thin slices. Drizzle with olive oil, season and cook on the barbecue for about 1 minute on each side until slightly blackened and cooked through. It will take 2-3 minutes.

Meanwhile, heat another drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and add the currants and pine nuts. Fry until the currants have puffed up and the pine nuts are a pale gold. Put the lettuce, mint and courgette strips on a plate, scatter over the pine nuts, raisins and chillies, and crumble the feta on top. Season with some good grindings of pepper. Drizzle with olive oil and the lemon juice.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat spaghetti w/ tomato basil sauce and turkey meatballs. Zucchini and onions sauteed in a little EVOO, and probably some other veggies (raw carrots, broccoli, cauliflower). I'll make some whole wheat garlic bread for the kiddos too. :wink: Also strawberries, grapes, and watermelon! Yum!

I'm getting hungry!!
  • Biggest_Loser
    Options
    Low-fat cheese omelet and some sliced strawberries.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    tonight i'm making

THAI LETTUCE CUPS
    one of my FAVE dishes
  • rcatr
    Options
    Ha..this is turning into more of what I'M making for dinner tonight. :laugh: I don't mind.

Grilled BBQ chicken breasts
    Roasted sweet potatoes
    Steamed haricot vert
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Grilled tilapia and roasted asparagus. Yum. :bigsmile:
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking up a fresh turkey burger tonight :) Probably some roasted asparagus and wilted spinach. (I don't have any whole wheat buns at home and I don't feel like going to buy any.)

Last night I had this and it was AWESOME! http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1227896&cookbook_id=5273291
  • rcatr
    Options
    I'm cooking up a fresh turkey burger tonight :) Probably some roasted asparagus and wilted spinach. (I don't have any whole wheat buns at home and I don't feel like going to buy any.)

Last night I had this and it was AWESOME! http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1227896&cookbook_id=5273291

Um...i just drooled a little at that recipe!!! :love: Thanks for posting that!
  • Robin1109
    Robin1109 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    No problem! I didn't use white wine like it called for but instead opted for a Tsp of lemon juice to add the acidity it was looking for. I think the sauce itself would be awesome over chicken, fish (salmon in particular), tofu, and even over veggies!
  • rcatr
    Options
    No problem! I didn't use white wine like it called for but instead opted for a Tsp of lemon juice to add the acidity it was looking for. I think the sauce itself would be awesome over chicken, fish (salmon in particular), tofu, and even over veggies!

I'm just a sucker for mushrooms too! Any mushroom sauce...roasted mushrooms...mushroom burgers...big fan.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Making Lasagna tonight. Got the sauce cooking in a crockpot all day. Will assemble it this evening. Making two kinds of pepperoni rolls to go with it.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Tonight I am going to stir fry loads of shoots and vegetables up in a little sesame oil, soy sauce, lemon and ginger yum scrum! quantity and quality! might even throw in a little peanut butter..... how extravagant! bon appetit
  • prez_beck
    prez_beck Posts: 30
    Options
    Tonight im going with Baked Salmon with Asparagus, and a Baked Red Potato!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Salsa chicken in foil packets with some broccoli on the side!! Salsa, cilantro, a little cumin and a dash of hot sauce tossed on top of the chicken breasts! Now I just can't wait for my tomatoes and peppers in the garden to come in so I can make my own fresh salsa....:heart:
  • rcatr
    Options
    Salsa chicken in foil packets with some broccoli on the side!! Salsa, cilantro, a little cumin and a dash of hot sauce tossed on top of the chicken breasts! Now I just can't wait for my tomatoes and peppers in the garden to come in so I can make my own fresh salsa....:heart:

:heart: back at ya! i love love salsa...

And every time I hear "salsa", I think of the Seinfeld episode where they discuss Salsa as the new number one condiment....
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from this crockpot barbeque chicken -- http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Tender-Barbecued-Chicken-2/Detail.aspx

With grilled squash (on the Foreman)

And trying out these carrots -- http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=730117

Tons of yummy fresh fruit for dessert! :)
  • kpaulsen
    kpaulsen Posts: 25
    Options
    tonight i'm making

THAI LETTUCE CUPS
    one of my FAVE dishes

What is your recipe for the Thai Lettuce Cups? I loooooooove lettuce wraps.