do I have the right to be irritated?

Options

Replies

• junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Why react to things we can't control? You can't control what he thinks... so let it go....
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    You have the right to feel however you feel.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    He was totally asking you out. I mean, asking you to fight.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Hit him with the chain and be done with it.

That got a big ol belly laugh! :bigsmile:
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    He was hitting on you.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options

you could be right.....he may have mistaken me squinting from the sweat in my eye as a wink!
  • ppage59
    ppage59 Posts: 1
    Options
    Why are you wasting your energy getting irritated about the opinion of this person? I guess you have the "right" to be irritated, but why would you be? If you believe your workout is sufficient to meet your goals, why does his opinion count at all? Don't let other people control your emotions! Keep up the good work(out)!!!:smile:
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

you could be right.....he may have mistaken me squinting from the sweat in my eye as a wink!

So many dangers lurking at the gym...

Who knew?:huh:
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    would bug me a little too, maybe he was just really insecure himeself though and was doing it to make himself feel better. I would just feel sorry for the poor guy. Don't let it get to ya. He had to be checking you out a little or he wouldn't have made any comments at all.
  • Denise048
    Denise048 Posts: 12
    Options
    How do you know that his wife is unhealthy. She may be very fit, Just because she sits at a desk all day does not mean shes a fat slob.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Laugh at the fact that he probably has a small...you know.
  • pandabratt1
    pandabratt1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My personal reaction would have been that he recognized how much effort it took for this exercise. I work a desk job also, so I am always looking for ways to quickly make up for all the time I spend sitting. It is not that it is easy or that it is hard, (and quite honestly even people with desk jobs can be fit,) it is that it requires activity and I'm sure it burns a ton of calories in a shorter length of time. Maybe he was actually saying it in an off-hand way, intending or hoping for you to give pointers about the exercise so that he could encourage his wife to try it, but then again maybe he wasn't. You will never know his intent behind the comment; however, I wouldn't hold on to it for too long since it will only make you miserable. I will agree about the ettiquette thing though.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    How do you know that his wife is unhealthy. She may be very fit, Just because she sits at a desk all day does not mean shes a fat slob.

While his wife might be very fit, approaching some guy minding his own business and telling him your wife could do what he's doing sounds like it's meant to be an insult.
  • wikitbikit
    Options
    Absolutely! You'd be amazed at the things some guys can conclude are come-ons. :)

Breathing, for example.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    He's in denial about his own sexual orientation and is hiding his attraction for you behind thinly veiled insults.

Don't drop the soap.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    would bug me a little too, maybe he was just really insecure himeself though and was doing it to make himself feel better. I would just feel sorry for the poor guy. Don't let it get to ya. He had to be checking you out a little or he wouldn't have made any comments at all.

Yeah, he's definitely jealous.
  • Tysonlovesweights
    Tysonlovesweights Posts: 139 Member
    Options

While his wife might be very fit, approaching some guy minding his own business and telling him your wife could do what he's doing sounds like it's meant to be an insult.
    i don't mean to cast any aspersions on people who work in offices, it was his tone that made me think he meant it that way
  • ianlikesholidays
    ianlikesholidays Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi
    NO - you have no right to be irritated. I bet a lot of other trivial things irritate you as well..
    Sorry , but I've met plenty of people who enjoy the drama of getting irritated and angry at any opportunity.
    Ian
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I think you're taking it too personal. It was just a comment, let it go.
  • wikitbikit
    Options
    Uh-oh, Ian says you don't have the right to be irritated. Are you going to just sit there and take that?

*popcorn*