Can't get myself to get up and workout...need motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options
    just do it. I dont even think about it. I worked the past 3 nights (graveyard) then come home and take care of my 3 kids, running on maybe 3 hours of sleep each night, I come home relax a bit, feed the kids then put on p90x, if you want to look good you gotta do what you gotta do
  • fvolley
    fvolley Posts: 124
    Options
    I sometimes feel the same way. I am a stay at home mom with my almost 4 year old daughter. I started last week walking outside and then the weather got crappy so I stopped. I was also working out during my daughters naps and then the past couple of days she hasn't napped.

I have had a lot of things get in my way this week that has stopped me from exercising but looking back I know I could have done better. My goal for this week is to not make excuses.

A few people on here have said that you need to schedule in your exercise just like you would anything else important. I am going to try that because just telling myself I have to do it isn't enough. I will have to say from this time to this time is exercise time no excuses!

You can do it too just put your mind to it and get going!
  • TomTomato
    TomTomato Posts: 223
    Options
    I agree with Belle. Look at the pics on here! Eating right is the tough part for me. You can lose weight without much exercise if you got eating under control, but you will feel much better and you will have much better body tone if you exercise. For me, nothing wakes me up in the morning like a good workout before work. Set a goal, maybe running a 5k, or some other fitness goal and work at it. Decide on a reward for yourself (a healthy one) once you accomplish your goal. Then set another one.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Get up and get moving. There is no one in this world that is responsible for your health except Y O U! You don't want to do it because it is hard, but nothing in life worth having is easy. Success builds upon success. Study those who have been there, do as they do, take action, get moving, talk the talk and walk the walk, continuously improve yourself, Never ever stop, and if someone gets in your way run them the hell over. Keep on moving, and rest when you're dead. Have a nice day now. :)
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have past pictures of myself (At my goal) I look at when I lack motivation and remeber why I started to begin with...
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to workout?
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Just pull put on your big girl panties and go on and DO IT! You'll never regret the workout you did, just the one you didn't!
  • tmlizzy
    tmlizzy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a playlist of songs that get me dancing a little and moving in my seat at work. That's what I walk to when I walk during my two breaks, which is when I walk. I find that I like the songs and something I want to dance a little bit. :)
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    OP,
    Does someone telling you to do it motivate you? I wish it worked that way for me my family has been telling me to workout for 17 years, never once motivated me. Would not be where i am now if it had. What motivates me is seeing my news feed filled with the calories burned by my friends if they are moving I should be moving to.

Motivation come from within.

Good luck, now Run in place for 5 mins!
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    What appears to get in your way of exercising is the number one best thing I find gets me going. Don't try working around your daughter's schedule but with it. My daughter is 6 now and she has been my workout partner for 3 years. Sometimes, it is as simple as going on a bike ride or walk with her, sometimes I take her to the park and play tag or something. Running up and down and all around the stairs and slides and everywhere has always been a good workout for me and she loves it.
    My daughter is my biggest motivator, if she is at school or something, I will go steal my nephew. I hate doing it alone and have never found a better workout partner than a child.
    As far as the reason I do it, it's for the energy. If I don't workout in the morning I am so tired by midday and sleep like crap at night. If I do workout in the morning I have energy all day long and sleep so good at night. It is hard sometimes to get up and do it but I know I will feel so much better if I do.
    I sometimes feel the same way. I am a stay at home mom with my almost 4 year old daughter. I started last week walking outside and then the weather got crappy so I stopped. I was also working out during my daughters naps and then the past couple of days she hasn't napped.

I have had a lot of things get in my way this week that has stopped me from exercising but looking back I know I could have done better. My goal for this week is to not make excuses.

A few people on here have said that you need to schedule in your exercise just like you would anything else important. I am going to try that because just telling myself I have to do it isn't enough. I will have to say from this time to this time is exercise time no excuses!

You can do it too just put your mind to it and get going!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

Yes .... ask yourself WHY .....

When you lose weight by diet alone .....you lose much more muscle mass than diet AND exercise. Healthy weight loss is about bring down one's body fat % ..... losing fat AND muscle doesn't help accomplish that. Besides exercise has sooooo many other health benefits
  • sassafrascas
    sassafrascas Posts: 191 Member
    Options

My new Mantra " I am Beautiful inside and out but I am trying to get healthy that"s why I workout!
  • alisonwilliams1976
    alisonwilliams1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Get up and get moving. There is no one in this world that is responsible for your health except Y O U! You don't want to do it because it is hard, but nothing in life worth having is easy. Success builds upon success. Study those who have been there, do as they do, take action, get moving, talk the talk and walk the walk, continuously improve yourself, Never ever stop, and if someone gets in your way run them the hell over. Keep on moving, and rest when you're dead. Have a nice day now. :)

I love this =)
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,812 Member
    Options

My new Mantra " I am Beautiful inside and out but I am trying to get healthy that"s why I workout!
    love this