30 Day Shred - starting on Friday March 15

Options

Replies

• Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Finished my third day..... and holy crap I am feeling it. First time doing level 2, and as of right now I am waiting to feel my arms and legs again before I go get ready for for church. I'm also pretty sure this is the first time in history that I have worked out over the weekend (not including boot camp.) Cant believe that after 2 yrs I am actually sticking this thing out so far. Everything else I have tried to get back in the saddle has only ever lasted the first day. Well, on to day 4.....tomorrow!

You are doing awesome!!!! :flowerforyou: I dont like the plank jacks in level2:grumble:
  • Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Day one level one completed. I tried this about a year ago and could get through 10 minutes so I'm psyched. Not only did I do it. I actually LIKED it!!!! I may feel differently in the morning though!
  • Cassea7
    Options
    Day one level one completed. I tried this about a year ago and could get through 10 minutes so I'm psyched. Not only did I do it. I actually LIKED it!!!! I may feel differently in the morning though!

great ! drink lotsa water and extra stretching i recommend:smile:
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30 day shred and CT5K together. I do both 3 times per week in the mornings on alternate days and sometimes do a bike ride in the evening if it is nice outside. I am ending week 3 of CT5K and finished day 2 of level2 of 30 day shred. I find it's working well for me, my pants are fitting better.
  • CitrusKiss
    CitrusKiss Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I started on the 14th.
    So today was my fourth day. And even though I was a lot less sore today than I have been the last couple days, I felt like I had absolutely no energy this time around, while my energy level was quite high until today. Has anyone else experienced anything similar around this time?
  • mbar2010
    mbar2010 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just done day 4 - I missed yesterday as we has visitors all day so I did level 1 followed straight after by level 2 this morning, exhausted but i feel great now! Won't be rushing to do 2 in a row again though!! Had a disaster of a weekend food wise - dreading weighing myself today but even more determined to get back on it :)
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started on the 14th.
    So today was my fourth day. And even though I was a lot less sore today than I have been the last couple days, I felt like I had absolutely no energy this time around, while my energy level was quite high until today. Has anyone else experienced anything similar around this time?

Me too!!! I am sitting at work right now trying not to fall sleep because I am just exhausted.....But personally I think that has more to do with my son not wanting to sleep last night than with my workout this morning.

But I did finish this mornings workout, which puts me past day 4! YAY!!! I saw a lot of other people saying that day 4 was the hardest to get up and do for whatever reason. But I got up and DID IT!!!

Who else is on Day 4?? Is it your hardest day so far?
  • KevinsCatie
    Options
    Just done day 4 - I missed yesterday as we has visitors all day so I did level 1 followed straight after by level 2 this morning, exhausted but i feel great now! Won't be rushing to do 2 in a row again though!! Had a disaster of a weekend food wise - dreading weighing myself today but even more determined to get back on it :)

I thought I had totally blown myself out of the water this weekend too, but magically I didnt! See what had happened was..... (dont the best stories always start that way?) Saturday I actually ate less than I normally do because I was so busy with my son and my niece, but I ate worse than I normally do. Well when I got on my computer to put in my food at the end of the night, I was actually short by almost 500 cals! So I ate a couple of spoon fulls of peanut butter and went to bed. It wasnt until the next day that I realized that I had actually walked around a giant botanical garden for 2 hours on Saturday.... and didnt log it in!!!! So I was actually short about 1000 cals, once it was all said and done. But I think I made up for it yesterday.... McD's for breakfast and Texas Roadhouse for lunch!!! Can we say deep fried jalapeno cheese balls!!!
  • mamaleftwich
    mamaleftwich Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I started on the 11th so this is day 8 for me!
  • MissJenn33
    MissJenn33 Posts: 131
    Options
    I'm in. I started on March 10th. I'm doing each level for 10 days. 30 days straight. No days off. Today was day 9. I was sore for the first 3 days horribly. Now I'm achy but I can walk. And I do the entire workout without little breaks or slacking on the pushups. I feel better. More awake, less lazy. I see minor changes in my stomach (Thank god!). I've stopped eating the crappy for me baked goods & soda. I weighed myself on the 13th @ 143. This morning I was 138. 21 days to go!
  • e_elizb
    e_elizb Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Can I join this late? I'm probably going to start tomorrow. I'm going to zumba toning tonight and I don't think that I will be able to do both. :laugh: I have started this quite a few times but the longest I have stuck with it was 12 days. I thought I was toning up pretty quick and liked it. Just got too busy... :embarassed: So I really want to try to get into it again.
  • Cassea7
    Options
    Can I join this late? I'm probably going to start tomorrow. I'm going to zumba toning tonight and I don't think that I will be able to do both. :laugh: I have started this quite a few times but the longest I have stuck with it was 12 days. I thought I was toning up pretty quick and liked it. Just got too busy... :embarassed: So I really want to try to get into it again.

Hi, Yes you can join
  • mdudra
    mdudra Posts: 17
    Options
    I'd love to join the 30ds committment. Although I just saw this thread today so I will be a few days behind everyone else. I'm trying to lose 10 lbs by 4/15 and I know from experience that 30ds really shreds inches, ESP in your tummy area so I'm excited to start again! Happy Shredding
  • reddyred7
    reddyred7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today so I'm afraid I will be a little bit behind most of you but I'm hoping to keep it going for 30 days straight :D Hopefully in the mornings before work (if I can tear myself away from the bed that is). I will just weigh myself weekly, so hopefully get an update every Monday :D

Good luck everyone !
  • clareiow
    clareiow Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I started off with two Cans of beans!! I've just bought two 2lb weights and that's pushed me on a bit. Where I'm running I think I have quite a lot of stamina in the lungs but my muscles have a long way to go to catch up!

Did watch level 2 to see what I'm in for...ouch!!
  • KevinsCatie
    Options
    Why dont we just make this thread a challenge! So that way we can try to keep each other accountable. Say, every day we post what day we are on, and how we are doing. Like we'll say what part was the hardest, and what part is getting easier.
  • Cupcake1015
    Cupcake1015 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    great info, thanks!
  • ahlamns
    ahlamns Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello. Is it too late for me to join? I will begin tonight if not. Thanks
  • cindyb6045
    cindyb6045 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marialexx
    marialexx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Today 18/3 was my second day of doing 30DS.

I still cannot do everything on it. I can't do all of the push ups or all of the 'squat and press'. I also don't think I got the right posture for the anterior hand raises and side lunges (I do believe I just bend my knee forward).

All in all I think I am doing about 80% of it.

It's hard!! I thought I was semi-okay for it. I do not know how obese people could do all of this, big props to all.

For those wondering about the calories burnt, I own a Polar FT60, and I burnt 236 cal yesterday and 230 today (I weigh 138lb). I'm a bit disappointed at the low amount of calories burnt, as I am so tired and my quadriceps hurt!