"on the wagon" , "off the wagon"... there is no WAGON!

Options
For the last week I have been seeing posts everywhere about this stupid wagon.

Some are getting back on it, others claim to have fallen off it, yet others can't seem to catch the wagon to fall off of just to climb back on it again.

THERE IS NO WAGON!

You can't fall off something you refuse in the first place.

Do you really want to ride this wagon the rest of your life? Just to fall off and hurt yourself. Because from my point of view here, if you keep telling yourself you failed Or "fell off the stupid wagon" you are never going to find what it is you are trying to find.

There is no wagon.

There might be an off meal or a treat meal, or an I'm so exhausted I got take away Chinese food. But there is no wagon.

I've learned quite a bit here lately about living to the fullest. Watching people you love die slowly will do that to you.

My weight may stall for months on end, it may plateau. I may eat cake, I might eat Chinese, I drink.

But I have not fallen off any wagon. The whole notion just sounds painful.

Find some peace with your body. If you haven't reached goal, if you have reached goal or just midway to it. Make peace and LIVE without regret. LIVE and EAT with the people you love. Tomorrow is so not promised.

Tomorrow morning they could be gone, forget about the wagon and enjoy the food you ate that was made with love or shared with love and chopsticks over a DVR'ed TV show.

One meal, one day in such a structured world we live in with counting calories will not kill you. I promise.

I am in theory 19 pounds away from where I ultimately desperately wanted to be.

My body however has had other ideas, this has taught me where my Maintenance level is.

45 pounds lost is hellishly good to where I was this time last year.

If another pound doesn't drop off. That's fine. I didn't chase, ride, fall or otherwise involve wagons in the process.

It is what it is.

But I have found where I can comfortably eat to keep those 45 pounds away for the rest of whatever life I have through some of the worst stress you can go through.

But please back away from the wagons, there are no more prairies to cross with that wagon. You are enough as you are. Leave the wagons alone, they just seem to cause a lot of anguish.

Eat, and live and realize it's one meal. It's not going to kill you or magically make you regain all the weight you lost or undo the work at the gym.

Be at peace. It's nice to find, and comes when you leave the stupid wagon alone.

Replies