• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Pretty strong
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Awesome.

I'm competing in triathlons and running events and posting pretty competitive times.

Hoping to run a marathon at the end of the year and aiming to post a sub 3:30 time.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Pretty strong

Do you even lift?
  • wildaaron
    wildaaron Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Not to impress the ladies too much but I did about 3 proper push ups yesterday...
  • fauxfoe
    fauxfoe Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Not bad. I just did 2 sets of 10 pushups 30 seconds apart without feeling like I've overexerted. Also, I'm within 5 pounds of the line between 'overweight' and 'normal' BMI for my height. I feel pretty good about myself (and proud), but I still have a long ways to go.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I am hurt everyday.
  • traceyjj
    traceyjj Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have crunchy knees and weak pelvic floor (kids!) so I'm not going to run any marathons or do jumping jacks any time soon....

But I work out 25 mins before breakfast and at least that when I get in from work, going zumba tonight, walk at least 45 mins a day (weather permitting) -sso not bad for an old boiler (48).

And probably fitter than I've been for 14 years (my youngest is 13...)
    That sounds so much like me...same age, crunchy/grindy knees with a fair amount of aches... so no high impact for me! I still manage the gym 6x a week, splitting my time between aqua aerobics/swimming on one day, weights and light cardio on the others.
    I feel fitter than I have in ages, but I have a lot of work to do to get where I want to be health/fitness wise
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm on a pregnancy bulk and my curves are dangerous :laugh: I feel that the added weight is affecting me less than if it were mainly fat.

Just before I got pregnant I'd just started running for pleasure, rather than running to get somewhere. I hope to get back there relatively soon after the birth, depending on baby and the type of birth.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Creaky & injured (tho it's chronic now, been dragging on a couple years); waiting to exclude systemic things; have been at one or another doc's at least twice a month for a good while and I am totally, TOTALLY fed up with it.

I have moments where I'm envious of people who can do things unproblematically (like, walk).

Annoying, because before this I was close to the best shape I'd been in for a very very long time. Still doing what I can, when I can :)
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Better than I was 6 months ago, not as good as I hope to be in another 6 months.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Supine.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Getting stronger and leaner. I've still got a long way to go, but I'm making steady progress and am pleased.
  • Funnyfishat40
    Funnyfishat40 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    As an old fart (53) I'm comparing my current levels against earlier decades...

Aerobic fitness - Same as my 30's
    Strength - Same as my 30's / 40's
    Joint health - 70's :sad:

Weight - Back to my 20's

This is SO me, you made me laugh xxx
  • emsicle_o
    emsicle_o Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Not great. I'm unfit and have asthma, but on the plus side, I can now do the 30 day shred level 1 without stopping/getting wheezy, so better than I was. Still a long way to go...
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Pretty good. I feel it's never too late to reclaim past glory...and actually believe it's possible to get even better!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Shucking off illness and much improved. Actually regaining the urge to exercise.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Very good, but I'm not marathon trining this spring so not as good as the last couple years.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    For me, I'm in great shape but others might not agree. I'm working out on average 6 days a week. I'm doing round 2 of Insanity and still running. It's more of a running/insanity hybrid but still.

I'm working on weight loss right now so you can see more of the muscles i'm making. I've got to say my legs look awesome and toned! :)
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Like most, I still see the worst but I have noticed that my biceps and triceps are starting to show definition, a couple of shirts are too tight around the upper arm now and I've had a few nice comments from people asking me if I've lost weight. I am also far fitter than I've been in at least 10 years.
    I play badminton for two hours a week and wear a HRM while I do. The speed at which my heart rate drops back to resting after a game has improved dramatically as well as my resting and peak rates being generally lower too.

Long way to go but when I do stop and take stock, I'm pretty pleased really.
  • radiantrox
    radiantrox Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Not great, but I'm getting stronger each day.