Jillian Michael's 30 day shred :-)

Options

Replies

• shellymcshell
    shellymcshell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been on level 1 for almost 2 weeks now, of course I can only do it every other day because of health issues. But I am doing it every chance I get, sometimes twice a day! I modify for pushups because I can't get on the floor so I use the wall. And for situps I use the bed, I know it's not the same, but it's better than doing nothing!
    I am committed to starting level 2 by this Friday, can always use friends who shred!!!

I found all three levels on YouTube.
    Level 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pc-NizMgg8&list=FLVuosDPfxXYWcWmfyH_emcQ
    Level 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH4NDIdWvSU&list=PLdZvtYEL19XK2yQXoXtIfr3uxtYOK0Em-
    Level 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjS2Sx45NNs&list=PLdZvtYEL19XK2yQXoXtIfr3uxtYOK0Em-

I have rheumatoid arthritis and can't do pushups or jump. Do your modifications work for you? The results people see from this thing are INSANE, and I want to do it. I'm just worried that I'll have to modify it to the point of uselessness.

Sorry for the double post. I forgot to quote. :)
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I did this last summer and went down about 2 pant sizes. Definitely more toning than cardio.
    I modify the pushups and jumping, and still had great results. Starting a new cycle again tomorrow.
  • sweetpie123
    Options
    hi, I am new at myfitness pal...but not new to try Jillian Michael's 30 day shred...is the you tube is the best way to start levels? but add me too :)
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm day 7 level one. I took 2 days off sick, but am trying to do this daily. I already have more strength/endurance and my legs and abs are tightening up, without a doubt. Anyone doing the shred, feel free to add me! Is anyone else wayyyyyy hungrier since they started???
  • jheads
    jheads Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of level 1 today. I'm sore today but ready to get at it!!! Feel free to add me.
  • ksisk920
    ksisk920 Posts: 1
    Options
    I did this last year and lost 20 pounds and lots of inches. But gained back due to pure laziness. So I started it up again the beginning of March. I haven't seen pounds come off as quickly as they did last year, but inches are for sure. Feel free to add me, I'm in need of people who actually use MFP and are good at supporting others in trying to gain their goals =) I need to lose another 30 pounds, hopefully by June!
  • DarkshineGirl
    Options
    I got through Day 1 yesterday, and I'm feeling it today. I do inclined pushups (using countertops and working my way lower, thanks to bad left arm) and I can't do the jumping jack, jump rope or kick backs (bad ankle/hip on one leg, bad knee on the other) so I march briskly in place instead. I'm hoping to eventually build up the strength to do it all.
  • queenbear5
    queenbear5 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm day 7 level one. I took 2 days off sick, but am trying to do this daily. I already have more strength/endurance and my legs and abs are tightening up, without a doubt. Anyone doing the shred, feel free to add me! Is anyone else wayyyyyy hungrier since they started???

I'm so glad it isn't just me. Yes, I am SO much hungrier now than when I wasn't doing 30DS, but I'm keeping my calories the same, so hopefully it will work out to my benefit. But, yes, SO HUNGRY!!! Before starting the shred I used to just run an hour a day or so. I never felt super hungry doing that, so I'm pretty surprised that a 20 minute workout can have this effect on me.
  • sweetpie123
    Options
    So how you do it ?? I mean everyday or every other day ??? And how you change the levels ?? Is it only 3levels ??
  • sweetpie123
    Options
    Hi girl, do u do it everyday for 30 mon ??? And when u change the levels ??
  • jennifersmiles444
    jennifersmiles444 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 3. Put away the scale. My weight hasn't changed much... a couple of pounds... but I just took a bag of 'too big' clothes to the rescue mission. A fitness guy I know smirked when I told him I was doing Jillian Michael's 30DS. But after hearing me describe the movements, he changed his tune:)
  • andyswoman
    andyswoman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am also doing the Shred. I am on day 3 of level 1. Day 2 was much easier than day 1. I did it two days in a row, but I'm debating as to whether or not I should be taking breaks because I'm 6 weeks cesarean postpartum. I have also been 1 week with no pop, which is a killer for me, and I've been watching my food choices and portion sizes. This will be difficult for me to find a happy medium of exercise and calories because I'm nursing. Can't wait to see if I get results!
  • edenwish
    edenwish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2 level 1
    I was surprised that I was not sore at all today. So worried after reading all the messages about how some folks almost quit.
  • dentalchick905
    Options
    I am on day 2 level 1 and am quite sore, like when I have to pee I REALLY debate how bad I have to go because it hurts to sit and stand up LOL, BUT I LOVE IT. I know that the soreness means I am making changes to my body. I plan on doing each level for 12 days. 6 days a week with 1 day rest each week. I am 10 weeks postpartum with back to back pregnancies ( 16 mth daughter 10 wk son) I am hopeful I will see results...XX fingers crossed XX
  • wrests
    wrests Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be trying it out this evening when I get home from work, so if anyone's just beginning feel free to add me!

Edit: Anyone else doing 30DS in conjunction with C25K? Running's where my heart is right now and I'm just curious as to how well the two programs mesh
  • red8424
    red8424 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have been known to dabble in 30DS but I want to get more consistent. I play tennis and workout most days but there is really no excuse not to do 30DS every day! Hopefully, I will be on one of the "results" threads one day!
  • estrellas8
    estrellas8 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just bought the videos but not sure when to start level 2 or 3. How long are we suppose to go each level for?
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    is there alot of cardiop on this?
    i tried her body revoution set that cost 150.00 and tore my meniscus in my knee, had to have surgery and am never going to be able to function normally again with that leg...i need to do SOMETHING tho.....please let me know!

There are a lot of jumping jacks involved. Hard on the knees. But others will disagree I'm sure.
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I've been back & forth on if I should try it or not. This totally motivates me to give it a try :) Thanks!
  • CUScka
    CUScka Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this tomorrow!!! I leave for Hawaii in 31 days...my fatty butt need to lose as much weight as possible! :)

***I need fitness pals, feel free to add me, (I joined today)