Insanity really is insanity!

Options
2»

Replies

• BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Make sure you wear good shoes. All the jumping can be brutal. Some ppl are saying barefoot or using VibramFF is better I haven't tried it. Don't give up work at your own pace. It will give you awesome results it really does make you DIG DEEPER! When you feel disheartened look at the ppl in the vid they are suffering right along with you and they are graduates. Best of luck Doll!!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    If you are "literally" dying, shouldn't you be on your way to the ER right about now?

Sorry, my inner Grammar Nazi in me just got the better of me.

Honestly, I hope you feel better and get through Insanity. From what I've seen, it's really hard!

Don't be too hard on yourself. Just do what you can. Just think, there are millions of people who won't even try Insanity because it looks too hard.

You know that whole, "You're lapping everyone on the couch" saying? Yeah, that.
  • dsendre
    dsendre Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Everyone's already given great advice (don't stop, go at your own pace, do what you can, take breaks if you need to but get back to it asap), so the only thing I'll add is:

Just wait until the next time you have to do Plyo Circuit. It'll still be difficult but you'll be amazed at what you can do. The amount of progression between each workout is incredible when you give it your best effort. That exercise (or exercises) that killed you the first time doing Plyo Circuit won't necessarily be easier the next time around, but you'll be able to do more of them and with better form. It's this progression from workout to workout that helps keep me motivated!

Good luck! Keep it up! DON"T GIVE UP!
  • Woomytron
    Woomytron Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 2 day 2, so I have pure cardio today (sigh). Don't feel bad about pausing a lot. Even the people in the video (who are in really great shape) have to take breaks. He even says take a break if you need it. Its crazy... just keep going and do the best you can. :flowerforyou:
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    no it isn't. watch "titicut follies." that's insanity
  • Dansk_USA
    Dansk_USA Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in the recovery week of Insanity before moving on to the second month. Yes, it was very hard to start with, and I could barely make it through the warm up. I was so sore in my legs I couldn't sleep the first couple of nights. But now, I make it through the warm up no problem and can feel the difference in my body. I'm already in the best shape of my life after only 5 weeks! Keep it up and don't get disheartened by it. You can make it!!
  • sweetmelissaphoto
    sweetmelissaphoto Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in week 2 and can already feel improvements! Its so tough and I thought I was in shape! The push ups kill me very time. My goal is to do more push ups. I currently do about half of what the video does right now. Personal goal is to keep up with the DVD by the 2nd month!
  • cosplayerkyo
    cosplayerkyo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Insanity is such an adrenaline rush for me. Learn to go at your own pace (and take brakes!) and enjoy it :)
  • BlairCottier
    BlairCottier Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think i may switch to something a little less intense. Mainly as my knees are quite bad from dancing when i was younger and i don't know if i'm ready! Maybe do p90x and then move on to Insanity.

If you have knee problems, insanity may not be the best program for you. Before I started, I had lots of people tell me be careful with your knees and I didn't really pay much attention because I had never had knee issues. But, what do you know, about 3 weeks into it, my knees were killing me and I still have problems. Doing it barefoot helped a lot actually, plus it makes you work your calf muscles so much more :) Also, if you can, do it on a padded surface or get a yoga mat. That helps me a lot too.

Other than that, what everyone else said is spot on!! I am not the hugest fan of insanity, because I get bored easily, and its not really "fun" per say, but my fitness level has increased 10 fold after doing just one month of this program. It really does get better!! And the benefit comes from just being able to say, yep I pushed through and I did that!! Good luck to you :)
  • _cristi_
    _cristi_ Posts: 2
    Options
    This may have been covered already.... but how do I calculate the amount of calories I'm burning w/ each Insanity workout, including the Fit Test?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I'm actually thinking about starting a second round of Insanity. It IS hard. I'm physically fit and it was challenging for me as well. Up until the very last day I took breaks when needed.
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've completed Insanity back in December of 2012 and have kept going with it since then. I've never stopped the DVD,but do take breaks when my heart rate hits about 170. My husband and I now do the 3 month two dvd's Monday/Weds/Friday and the ab workouts on Tues/Thursday. I can do a whole lot more then I used to, but it still isn't "easy" as now I'm doing a lot more of the exercises and get fatigued. But like he says, I do it cuz I wanna look good :) and it sure has made my body look a whole hell of a lot better. For the person that asked about calories, wear a heart rate monitor to know how much you are burning. My calories burned are for Month 2 Plyometrics - 750, Month 2 Cardio - 650 and for the Month 2 Max Circuit - 950. The first month ones usually averaged around 500 calories burned.
  • veec0
    veec0 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This may have been covered already.... but how do I calculate the amount of calories I'm burning w/ each Insanity workout, including the Fit Test?
    Get a heart rate monitor, Amazon sells the ft7 for $63. I was using the mfp entries thinking it would be close, give or take 50 calories, but I was wrong. It was more like 200 calories more than what I burned based on my hrm with a max heart rate of 190 bpm.
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Part of the reason Insanity was not for me was due to the strain on my knee (I had surgery when I was 15 due to cheerleading, dance etc.). I tried it for a short amount of time, and my knee swelled up painfully. I may go back to it after I have strengthened it with more basic exercise, but I'm not there yet.

Right now, I eat a mostly raw and/or vegetarian diet (still splurging on a meal or two over the weekend, but I keep it pretty “clean” during the week). Since late December I’ve lost 20 pounds; I’ve lost 10 of those pounds since I’ve started logging my food into MFP. I don’t necessarily attempt to stick to a certain amount of calories, but I do plug most everything I eat into the system. Then I can keep track of my vitamins, nutrients, protein etc.

I only just started working out in the past month or so. I do a variety of cardio, light weight lifting, toning exercises etc. Nothing too strenuous but I’m still seeing results without putting myself through the knee pain I experienced when attempting to do Insanity. Best of luck to you!