Game of Thrones!

Options
2»

Replies

• CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    SO EXCITED!!!!!

If y'all like the TV show you should read the books (if you haven't). Book 2 is quite different (and MUCH better) than season 2 of the show. I'm really hoping they bring it back in line with the books in season 3.
  • CharRicho
    CharRicho Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I just got HBO and watched the first two seasons. I started fast forwarding over the Dragon Mommy scenes (boring subplot).

I like it better than LOTR, but what's the deal with all the gratuitous sex, always from the male point of view? I could set my watch by it: Every 15 minutes a gorgeous 20-something woman enters the scene and strips.

REALLY REALLY not a subplot. She's kind of a main character. You might want to go back and watch those.

The sex is all in the book, so... yeah HBO is known for it, but in this case they're just following what's in the books.
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    When my husband first told me to watch the show, I was so disgusted with the first episode, I had no idea what to expect. Now, I LOVE them!!! I can't wait for it to start!!!!!!! :-)
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I just got HBO and watched the first two seasons. I started fast forwarding over the Dragon Mommy scenes (boring subplot).

I like it better than LOTR, but what's the deal with all the gratuitous sex, always from the male point of view? I could set my watch by it: Every 15 minutes a gorgeous 20-something woman enters the scene and strips.

REALLY REALLY not a subplot. She's kind of a main character. You might want to go back and watch those.

The sex is all in the book, so... yeah HBO is known for it, but in this case they're just following what's in the books.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

I think it's partly her dialogue. It's particularly ponderously stupid. The brother was a rip-off of Caligula and the crazy emperor played in Gladiator.

Oh, and the hair...
  • laurajcrampton
    Options
    Tyrian is my favourite character by far! But I love Charles Dance as Tywin... Arya is fantastic for her age... Just fantastic acting, fantastic story... Just bloody brilliant!
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    sooo excited for it to start. half way through book 5 now, eventually i'll finish it. my favorite characters are arya, jon snow, and tyrion and starting to like jaime lannister from the reading not the show yet.