Help - I need chocolate, talk me out of it!

Options
I am having a chocolate craving. TALK ME OUT OF IT!

Replies

• smrzl01
    smrzl01 Posts: 6
    Options
    Chocolate will only make you get off course, depending how far into your weight loss. If its only been a few weeks Id suggest waiting alittle longer. But (alittle) wont hurt! You have to be human sometimes! lol
  • greenpointmoni
    Options
    Why not just have a couple of pieces of dark chocolate?
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder (great source of iron)
    sweeten to taste with whatever you use. I like a tablespoon of maple syrup.

It tastes like chocolate pudding or mousse and has tons of protein and iron. And it's chocolate.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options

^^This.

I square of 90% dark chocolate: 55 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g carbs, 1 g protein.
  • fattyfoodie
    fattyfoodie Posts: 232 Member
    Options

^^This.

1 square of 90% dark chocolate: 55 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g carbs, 1 g protein.
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I eat dark chocolate everyday. It's delicious and curbs my craving.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Uh... why? though if you tend to binge on it, I do understand.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    A hershey bar is 210 calories. I say enjoy it and log it and move on with your life knowing at some point in the future you aren't going to break down and eat 3000 calories worth of candy in one sitting.
  • breeshabebe
    breeshabebe Posts: 580
    Options
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder (great source of iron)
    sweeten to taste with whatever you use. I like a tablespoon of maple syrup.

It tastes like chocolate pudding or mousse and has tons of protein and iron. And it's chocolate.

This sounds awesome! I was trying to figure out what to eat tonight for a snack tonight and really needed some more protein!
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    How about those 25 cal packets of Swiss miss? Those are good.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I just had 9 small pieces of chocolate and had a really bad sugar crash. enjoy in moderation!
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Agree with the squares of dark chocolate, works like a charm for a craving!

Or try the Fiber One chocolate brownies with chocolate chips- 90 cals, and they taste delish!
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If you're gonna eat it, eat a small amount of dark chocolate. It's better for you.
    If you're not gonna eat it, count to 60 and take a sip of water between each number. It will help with cravings.
    Or do the 100 calorie snack packs. I eat the brownie ones.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened cocoa powder in oatmeal with a banana & walnuts. Use whatever sweetener you like. Reminds me of hot lava cake! Also deep, dark chocolate is satisfying and self limiting because it is intense!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    I tend to have PopTarts on a daily basis (200cals each) and I continue to maintain my target weight. Chocolate won't kill you just don't go nuts.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was just reading that chocolate cravings can indicate you need magnesium (chocolate has lots). If you really want to avoid the chocolate, you might want to consider a magnesium supplement.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    one square of lindt 90% is good to the taste and good for your health :)
    sorry not what you wanted to read and definitely not what you had ;) but it's worth checking it out to statisfy a sweet tooth sometimes with actually very little sugar
  • lgreen37
    lgreen37 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Why? Can you eat one piece? I had a wonderful piece of hershey dark silk chocolate with almonds 45 cals. It was so satisfying :)
    It's the moderation - now, if you think you will eat the whole bag of something chocolate - count the cost - is it worth it? If so, have at it....One day it won't be. This is a journey..........
  • REDI4CHANGE60
    Options
    Hey, I know the feeling. In the past, if I gave into the craving, it would start me on a downward spiral. If this has happened to you in the past, then DO NOT take the chance .. that piece of chocolate - dark or otherwise - is not worth it. Find something to occupy your mind, pass it up ... the cravings will lessen the more you DO NOT give into them. You cannot break a habit if you give into it. Good luck. If it were me, I wouldn't do it. (Wow, the lady did ask to be talked out of it!)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    So then eat some chocolate.

What's the big deal?

If you're that terrified of it throwing you off your course, drink some chocolate milk to settle your craving