Who's doing Tracy Anderson's Metamorphosis?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cici2329
    Cici2329 Posts: 35
    Options
    Got my meta and started looking through the materials. The diet is crazy! I was planning to use it as inspiration, but now I don't think I'll even do that. I need more food, more variety, etc. I'm sure people are successful on it, but it's too drastic for me. Hopefully I'll get decent results without following the diet.

Cici
  • Sara736
    Sara736 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday and did the first day of my workout I felt bad that I couldn't keep up with her on the leg part. I bought the omnicentric workouts I plan on doing the cardio later today, it seemed like the leg portion goes on forever. Please tell me I am not the only one that couldn't keep up with her at first I hope as the days go on I can do it the entire time. I have been doing Zumba the last 2 weeks and thought I wouldn't have a hard time doing this but I guess I am not in as good of shape as I thought.
  • Sara736
    Sara736 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    There is no way I can do the Cardio with all that jumpiong it killed my knees just doing it for 5 minutes. I think I will do her mat DVD's and stick to my Zumba for the cardio portion since I love doing it also.
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara!! No I couldn't keep up at first either. I gave Tracy a month or so and DID see some changes but unfortunately wasn't enjoying what I was doing enough to keep with it. I didn't like the dance cardio and had sore ankles often after so I know what you mean about it killing your knees! Give tracy's method a try! It'll be awesome if you can stick with the full course! I pooped out after a month and moved onto higher energy workouts. It's super vital for me to enjoy what I'm doing so I moved onto cardio kickboxing like taebo, turbo jam, michelle dozois, jillian michaels... i've gained a nice eight dvd bounty of those kinds of workouts now and am really enjoying them (and they're working!) Good luck though Sara thanks for requesting me as a friend and I'll totally cheer you on as you do Tracy's Meta and will be eager to watch your results! I''ll keep on secretly wishing Tracy does a kickboxing style routine someday so that I can workout with her again :o) I DO still do the mat dvd sometimes but I'm not doing the meta at all anymore and have considered ebaying off the dvds (already trashed the paperwork and diet plan though). Anyways, good luck!
  • cckbadtz
    cckbadtz Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi I am also doing meta hip and am wondering how you figured out the calories burned for the Mat/Floor dvds. I would like to include them in my fitness tracker on this website however they do not come up under search. I feel like just putting down crunches and leg lifts does not do it justice. Any tips on how I can enter it on this website for tracking purposes? Thanks so much!
  • tawnydale
    tawnydale Posts: 34
    Options
    I just ordered her abcentric system....I'm looking forward to trying something different. Any tips on the abcentric workouts?
  • amandajane3000
    amandajane3000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have just come back to MFP as I am using it to complement my TAM Omni workouts, I am on day 6 L2 so far. I love her workouts, and yes there are a few negatives, but I work around them as I see more positive sides to it, and there are some amazing before and after photos to prove her method works.

I started doing her Mat workout around 4 times a week for a month before moving onto Meta. My strategies are:

For the leg sections where you are on all 4's, double a yoga mat over with a folded blanket sandwiched in between, to save your knees.

Use a rebounder for the Dance cardio, I won't even try to do it on a hard floor, but the moves and kicks are performed to complement the rotations of the muscle structure and designed to activate the small muscles she is targeting, so it is good to do it.

Diet, just eat clean, use MFP to track what passes your lips! Her diet is extreme, and is only for a detox, but I would rather just start as i mean to go on. I do however factor in some of her recipes that are in her 30 Day Method book.

I hope the ladies in this thread have stuck with it!
  • JoyTH
    JoyTH Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I couldn't continue either! it reminds me of the old buns a of steel a bit....
  • aquawater
    aquawater Posts: 1
    Options
    Have you guys checked out Tracy Anderson's newest workout collection with Edition 01? They're cheaper and even cuter this time around! Check them out at http://www.edition01.com/index.php?route=collection/collection&collection_id=61
  • ellefinn1
    Options
    Hey I just started day one of this program. And I think it's fun but I almost wish it was a harder workout because I am used to pushing myself in my own workouts. So I have a question. Instead of doing her cardio do you think it would be okay if I used my own elliptical machine as my cardio? I just wasn't sure because she says that the moves are getting your muscles ready to do what we want them to... And I just have a hard time justifying bouncing around because it
    Actually hurts my knees! I think she is pretty cool though n I like that she doesn't talk all the time ! I realllllly love the mat work it's so different from the usual ab buster videos haha!
  • eforan08
    eforan08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am a TAM Devotee. I started Metamorphosis Omnicentric in March of 2013 and finished in August 2013. I switched to Hipcentric Continuity after chatting with one of the TAM instructors at the Studio City gym in LA.

For new people to TAM, I recommend watching the new Muscular structure segment before attempting it for the first time. After 3 days, your pretty comfortable with it. For legs, YES definitely put something squishy under your knees. Somebody mentioned that earlier but I actually have two yoga mats, one for the floor laid out and one folded in 1/4s for my knees.

For me this workout really shows me results and that keeps me going. I also used to dance so I find the method really fun. The dance cardio with Metamorphosis was NOT my favorite. Half the time I just kind jumped around for 30 mins, doing my own thing. But the cardio videos for Continuity have gotten better. So be patient. Also, if your ____ hurts wile doing something, take it easy. I have bad knees, so if my knee hurts I step touch for a while and then jump and then step touch if it hurts again. Listen to your body.
    I have yet to try the rebounder, I'm a little afraid lol.

For people who haven't tried but are interested, I suggest trying her youtube videos. You can find tons of stuff there. If you like it, and still dont wanna spend $90 for Meta, get her book. Try that, its like $30. I had the book for about a year before I finally bought meta. And if you like it/love it and you still don't know about spending the $90 think about it this way: 9 workouts for $90 is $10 per workout. You do each work out ten times, so $1/day. Thats not that much. Plus when your done you can keep it or pass it on to a friend?! Plus the price of Meta/Continuity sure as HELL beats the prices of the gym memberships (if your lucky enough to live near one) they are like $300/mo and up.

Also, I never listen to the music on the DVDs cuz its not for me. I make new playlists like every one or two weeks to keep me going. New music really amps up my motivation, esp for the cardio. When I feel less motivated, I watch the infomercial on youtube and remind myself that it works. I fall off the horse, skip a few days, life/work/studying gets in the way, but just pick up and carry on!

Good luck to everyone on Meta and TAM.
    If you've been thinking about trying it, try youtube or her book if you dont wanna cough up the $90. Whats to lose?

Get to sweatin!
  • Tiffany4188
    Options
    I have hipcentric, but want to wait to do the program for my final 10 pounds. I have the new Dance+Cardio Tracy Anderson DVD and have been doing it for about a month and love it. It's way more beginner dance friendly and I love what's it's done for my legs and rear. I do ab and arm exercises with Precision Toning, Mat Workout, and Post Pregnancy workout and the results have been amazing.I would think the new Dance DVD would be a good substitution for the dance cardio in the meta as it's a good workout but not as hard on the knees. I have no dance background at all. The music I mute and use my own playlist as Tracy doesn't talk. I'm a huge Tracy fan as I've seen great results.