One vegetable you can't seem to love

Options

Replies

• pandabratt1
    pandabratt1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can get by eating just about any vegetable in the world, even if I don't like it... But I cannot eat beets. I hate them so much that even the smell is enough to make me lose my breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and everything in between. I cannot be in a house after they've been cooked, I cannot eat in a restaurant when they serve them... I cannot even learn to accept their very existence on this planet!
  • bluefish49
    bluefish49 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Loufa is a bit too chewy for me. :)
  • PureLife5891
    PureLife5891 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I can not do peas or carrots. I tried but hate the taste.
  • 2credneck208
    2credneck208 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Peas :sick:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    There is some preperation that makes me like almost every veggie (must be raw, must be cooked, mashed, etc): spaghetti squash, butternut squash, broccoli, carrots, turnips, cauliflower, zuchinni, eggplant, green beans, peas, mushrooms, celery, kale, spinach, lettuce, onion, green onion, potatoes, asparagus, parsnips, radishes, all the chinese leafy greens, corn, cabbage,

but I do NOT like
    artichokes, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, beets, and cucumbers (unless they are garlic, dill pickles). Odd list, I'm sure.

Tomatoes and avocados are delicious fruits, and olives are a disgusting fruit, that are all pretending to be vegetables.
  • theblondetrick
    theblondetrick Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Broccoli,white radish,fresh onions and garlic.Disgusting.

However,tomatoes and beet are awesome!I can't understand why people don't like those.

And I like soup that's made of kale.
  • karrianne32
    karrianne32 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I love most vegetables, but okra is slimy and nasty!
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts!!! ! EEEEWWWWWW!!!!!!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash. Bleh bleh pleh ptooie. Bleck. I buy and cook one every year and my kids and I all eat it together. My theory is that it's good for them to see me eating something I hate (because they're way pickier than I am, there are very few things that I won't eat just because I don't like them) but sometimes I think I'm just a masochist. Possibly with sadistic tendancies as well - my kids can't stand it either.

Still. Spaghetti squash. YUCK.
  • xFamousLastWordsx
    xFamousLastWordsx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Onions and spinach. Disgusting :sick:
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    peas!!!! They are NASTY!
  • chileheadmike
    chileheadmike Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can't think of any vegie I don't like. Bring 'em on.
  • Barbsunshine
    Options
    I'm not crazy about eggplant. I've tried grilling it since I love all grilled veggies, tried making lasagna with it, nothing works. And if olives are considered a vegetable, they top the list of dislikes!
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    brusselsprouts they make me phsyically sick not matter how they are made,not much else has ever done that to me I use to eat brocccoli but not anymore tried again after 7 yrs or so still dislike it.dislike radishes other than that all other veggies I enjoy.:)
  • MarsaHerod
    Options
    Eggplant is the absolute worst. I am a vegetarian and I love vegetables, but no matter how hard I try to eat eggplant I don't like it.. I have even tried to hide it in food. Might I say,IT DIDN'T WORK...........LOL!
  • jaxokc
    jaxokc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Brussel sprouts! Whoever put that in their mouth and said "Damn this is good!" is NUTS! :smile:
  • RobinV_Seattle
    RobinV_Seattle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Onions or mushrooms - unless they're minced to within an inch of their lives. Can't stand them raw, and I don't like the texture when they're cooked. And Brussell sprouts - not even bacon made them better, lol!
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Heh - peas are another one I can't stand, but my kids like those so I always make myself brussels sprouts or something else they don't like and pretend that I'm only giving them peas as a giant favor.

Protip: If someone asks you why you don't like peas, NEVER EVER ANSWER that you just don't like their "pea-ness". (Twice. I've done this twice. Once to someone's grandma. I WILL NEVER LEARN.)
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Definitely tomatoes. I love the ones my Aunt grows that are heirloom, but the ones in the grocery store are nas-tay. Maybe it's that GMO spider DNA ... ewww.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Turnips..even the smell of them cooking..blecchhh:sick: