One vegetable you can't seem to love

Options

Replies

• fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I eat and love most vegetables, but kale has got to be the worst vegetable for me. I have tried it in soups, in salads and the good old usual of juicing it. It has to be the vegetable I love to hate. What is your vegetable kryptonite?

Same for me. I detest Kale. Taste bitter to me for some reason. I've tried to chop it up and hide it in with my other veggies but I can still taste it.
  • PZlady
    PZlady Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    How said is it that the two I have avoided all my life, I've never tasted? Collard greens and ocra. I know I should give 'em a try but ...
  • DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    Beets! I've tried and tried, but it taste like dirt! Not that I've had dirt before!
  • deadbambi
    deadbambi Posts: 368
    Options
    mushrooms. *gag*
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts are disgusting. All beans except black beans (and those in limited quanity) have the texture of some fuzzy thing. Lima beans also stink on top of the texture thing. Napa cabbage - don't like the way it cooks. Okra is slimey mess when cooked. I'm sure there are some things that others might consider veggies in other parts of the world that I wouldn't touch. But I don't know becuase they aren't sold here or grown here. So - its the not the end of the list.
  • skinnybunny_x
    Options
    Kale is awesome in smoothies, can't taste it!

once it wilts, though ... forget it.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS. Beets! BeEtS.

I pride myself in being a not picky eater, and it bugged me that I just couldn't stomach the taste of beets. Blech blech blech. So I kept trying them every few years just to make sure I still hated them. And I did. I even tried to juice a beet last year, to see if the fresh juice was tolerable. OH. NO. JUST. WASTED. A. WHOLE. PITCHER. OF. JUICE.

A couple months ago my mother-in-law roasted a big platter of root vegetables, including beets. And I LIKED them!

All of this to say, keep trying in different formats until you make some kind of blanket statement that you will never ever ever try something again.

I grew up eating canned asparagus and HATED it. Eew. I will never forget the first time I tried it roasted and it was like a whole new level of Zelda just opened up for me. Kale haters, try the roasted chips. Brussels sprouts--roast them. In fact, anything you hate--try it roasted with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Turnip!
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, brussel sprouts. Wish I could like them since they have high nutrient density.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts. They remind me of mouse brains. Called them that all my life. No no no.
  • Running_Tanya
    Running_Tanya Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Celery.
    Celery, Bean Sprouts and Lima Beans
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Brussel Sprouts. You can fry them with bacon, smother them in butter or put little cocktail umbrellas on them - I still hate the sight, smell and taste of them.
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Peas! Yuck! (but like pea soup so go figure!)
  • Fat_Jimi
    Fat_Jimi Posts: 81
    Options
    I'll eat most vegies, some more than others, one I cant stand and makes me want to yack, is mushrooms

yuck.jpg
  • theskinnylist
    theskinnylist Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Bitter melons. Yuck.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Corn
  • ammadove
    ammadove Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Okra :sick:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Kale. It's still hard no matter how long you cook it. So tasteless too.
  • htiafyenaffit
    htiafyenaffit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    lima beans, cooked spinach, eggplant
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    does canteloupe count? i don't care if it's a fruit or not. i'm counting it. blech!