Pregnancy 2010 - June

Options

Replies

• yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    Angela, I know what you mean about the starbucks:grumble: I get those looks, too. And also people were looking at me with awe at my zumba class last night. I've missed three weeks and they started a new sesssion with new ladies and I think some of them were waiting for me to pass out. I felt great and slept like a baby after that workout. I don't do any of the jumping moves, I just lift my legs, but I do everything else. It's a fun work out!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    my gym has Zumba classes, but I've been nervous. I'm not sure if I'd be able to make it through haha. I was having so much ligament stretching pain early on that my activity level went WAAAAYYYY down. Now I'm having a hard time doing even simple work outs (like uphill treadmill walking anything past a 3.2 for very long!!!) oh my!! :-( My new goal is to work out at least 30 minutes everyday so hopeful I'll get back up to speed!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm loving this 13 pounds in a week weight loss (although I know it's mostly post-baby water). I wish it were always this easy!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Love the new pic Angela!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Question....How likely is it that you will ovulate the month after stopping birth control?
  • 00Angela00
    Options
    thanks Jalara!

Mwilson - I'm pertty sure it's possible, if you do it might be a couple of months before it's regular again (ovulate at the same time each month) but with all the research I did on the rhythm method I don't remember ever reading that women WON'T ovulate that month. Sorry I know that's not a great answer. Does anyone know when they started ovulating after stoping BC?
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I have the same question too...
    I wasn't regular before I started BC, my doc said I could stop BC on the last pill and start TTC immediately. But, I'm planning to stop BC a couple of months before. Is it different for each BC you are on?
  • shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Question....How likely is it that you will ovulate the month after stopping birth control?

I stopped taking my pill November 1st and got pregnant the first week of December....so for me VERY likely. :tongue:
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options
    Angela, I know what you mean about the starbucks:grumble: I get those looks, too. And also people were looking at me with awe at my zumba class last night. I've missed three weeks and they started a new sesssion with new ladies and I think some of them were waiting for me to pass out. I felt great and slept like a baby after that workout. I don't do any of the jumping moves, I just lift my legs, but I do everything else. It's a fun work out!

Same here, but I'm with the same group of women all the time. They probably just think I'm the crazy pregnant lady now. LOL. I started to cut back on jumps and all that about 4 weeks ago (26 weeks). It's pretty funny when they do the pelvic thrusts......not happening with me. But I still get a great workout from it. It makes me feel good and give me more energy. The nice thing is that you can stand in the back and do as little as you want. So Angela - try it! :happy:

My feet got really swollen last Friday at work. I came home and took my dog for an hour walk. That cured it! No more swelling. It's like my body knew I needed to get some exercise.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    For all you ladies that are or have been prego:

How soon after conception did you start feeling the "effects"? I am 10 days PO, and have been very nausious for about 4 days now. Not throwing up, just feeling very queezy. Could it be?
  • yolie1220
    Options
    I was on the pill for 9 years and got pregnant 6 weeks later! Good luck!
  • yolie1220
    Options

How soon after conception did you start feeling the "effects"? I am 10 days PO, and have been very nausious for about 4 days now. Not throwing up, just feeling very queezy. Could it be?
    Here were my symptoms (I had a chart on Fertility Friend)

8 dpo: extreme fatigue, frequent urination, dizziness, gassy, bloated, cramps
    9 dpo: all of the above plus headache
    10 dpt: all of the above plus backache

I didn't have any nausea until I was 6 weeks preg. I hope this helps!
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the info!! That helps knowing that you all conceived after coming off of BC. I stopped in May, and we've been TTC this month.

Tahmed - COULD IT BE????? HOPE SO!!
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    About coming off the BCP - it is possible, and it is also likely. The reason health care professionals urge you to not have expectations is because it can take a while for your body to settle back into its own monthly hormone pattern (mainly the progesterone). But the LH release happens quite quickly (gotta love my nursing textbooks!).
  • 00Angela00
    Options

Same here, but I'm with the same group of women all the time. They probably just think I'm the crazy pregnant lady now. LOL. I started to cut back on jumps and all that about 4 weeks ago (26 weeks). It's pretty funny when they do the pelvic thrusts......not happening with me. But I still get a great workout from it. It makes me feel good and give me more energy. The nice thing is that you can stand in the back and do as little as you want. So Angela - try it! :happy:

My feet got really swollen last Friday at work. I came home and took my dog for an hour walk. That cured it! No more swelling. It's like my body knew I needed to get some exercise.

yeah I hear movement is the best thing for swelling!
  • 00Angela00
    Options

yup! Could be! If your very sensitive to the hormones you could definately be feeling it. Do you notice any vaginal discharge? (sorry I know that's kind of personal) but that was my earliest sign was that it continued past ovulation.
  • shoppingqueen34
    Options

I think I'm different than most because I didn't get many symptoms. But I got preggers the first week of December and remember getting really tired the week of Christmas. I blamed it on the hustle and bustle of the holidays. But then I was 6 days late and Bingo! :) So for me about 3 weeks.
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options

good luck!!!