Food Police-Boldest Thing Said To You????

Options

Replies

• LovelyLaura2321
    LovelyLaura2321 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My fiance will see me reaching for an extra not-so-healthy snack, like some cookies, and he'll say, "Are you sure you want that?"

My response is typically, "Yes, I'm sure, but thanks for asking!"

Occasionally I will agree with him and put it back and am thankful that he asks me. Sometimes it's a little annoying though.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I hear from people that I eat too much. I politely point out that I have lost close to 100 pounds eating this much and maybe they should try eating more. Usually shuts them right up!!

I love you and am so glad you are my friend :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • YumemiruJin
    YumemiruJin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I was sitting at a restaurant yesterday and mentioned to a relative's girlfriend that I ate too many chips.....I take a bite of chicken after that and she turns to me and loudly states- "Stop eating that, what are you doing! Get her a box so that she won't eat anymore!"

Note to self, do not mention to myself out loud that I ate too many chips. And, she is the one that keeps getting pissed that people repeatedly ask when she is due even though she has never been pregnant so maybe I should return the screaming favor to her.

Related to this, it almost sounds like she's trying to shame you because you've succeeded, judging on your ticker that says you've almost lost 100lbs. (Congrats, btw c: )
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see... I believe I was called a cultist earlier. (Which is funny. I actually prefer the investigator class because I really like being able to look at the next card before I kick down the door. If you got that, please send me an FR.)
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    one time i posted on the forums asking what was a new breakfast cereal to try and some girl said "you eat like cattle, you're fat like cattle" but it was also the forums so i guess i was asking for it. i just can't stand "holier than thou" attitudes about certain types of diets
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I hear from people that I eat too much. I politely point out that I have lost close to 100 pounds eating this much and maybe they should try eating more. Usually shuts them right up!!

I love you and am so glad you are my friend :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Right back at you my friend!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I had a former MFP friend argue with me about my post workout shakes because they were't "properly" balanced among fats, proteins and carbs. I responded "whatever" and he wouldn't let it go. Clueless former friend. Like the rest of my day isn't as, if not more, important, and besides, I've never met a guy that cared so much about what another guy ate.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My fiance will see me reaching for an extra not-so-healthy snack, like some cookies, and he'll say, "Are you sure you want that?"

My response is typically, "Yes, I'm sure, but thanks for asking!"

Occasionally I will agree with him and put it back and am thankful that he asks me. Sometimes it's a little annoying though.
    I have gotten to love when my husband does this now. He can't stand when I return that favor.
  • m8605
    m8605 Posts: 102
    Options
    Its mostly just been the family, they mean well, but they do it in a kind of douchy way sometimes. Like when I got bagels for a change of pace, it'll just be morning and my mom will be like "Oh no, you should just eat half of it... the carbs blah blah blah". I miss having my own place :\ Everybody else has been pretty cool about it, but then I never go crazy when I eat out, I was just snacking a lot at home.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I was sitting at a restaurant yesterday and mentioned to a relative's girlfriend that I ate too many chips.....I take a bite of chicken after that and she turns to me and loudly states- "Stop eating that, what are you doing! Get her a box so that she won't eat anymore!"

Note to self, do not mention to myself out loud that I ate too many chips. And, she is the one that keeps getting pissed that people repeatedly ask when she is due even though she has never been pregnant so maybe I should return the screaming favor to her.

Its not like she decided you ate too much, you said you had. Do I agree with what she did, no, but I certainly wouldn't call it being the "food Police". To me, what you are saying is far worse than her asking for a take out box for you after you said you ate too much.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I try to eat 80% healthy and about 20% whatever I want, because realistically for me thats whats possible right now. I had a particularly stressful week and found myself eating a bag of hersheys hugs around 3pm on a friday because I was starving from not eating in over 24 hours (I don't advise doing this, I just am notorious for not eating when I'm stressed out) and one of my co-workers looks at me and goes "omg you're eating chocolate, don't you know chocolate will make you fat? you need to stop eating that right now". I just stared at her blankly and continued to eat my chocolate.

I also had an ex boyfriend look at me with a cheeseburger in my hand (post 1500 calorie burn swim practice), grab the skin on my stomach and say "you're going to eat THAT? maybe you should think twice" I looked back at him and said, "your fatass is eating one and you haven't moved from the couch all day, whats your excuse?"

needless to say our relationship ended shortly after.
  • americangirlok
    americangirlok Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    The worst thing someone said to me was at Wal-Mart a few years ago. I was walking down one of the aisles toward one of the main aisles and I paused to see if someone was coming before pulling out into the aisle- and you know how sometimes you inadvertently make eye contact with someone in passing? Well I caught this teenage girl's eye (who was being pushed in a cart by who I assume is her boyfriend and another girl is walking with them) and I guess that was just too damn daring of me and not my place to assume the privilege of making eye contact with her and she says "it's called face soap you fat f**k and there's diet pills in the pharmacy too." (This was either right before or just after I had started taking accutane.) I was just shocked- I can't imagine a situation where I'd ever say something like that to someone even in a fight- let alone unprovoked!

I shouldn't have let it bug me but I cried the whole way back from the store. She's the one who should have been crying and felt ashamed. I had a whole bunch of good responses later- but at the time I was so shocked I couldn't react. And we all know that pulling a George Costanza "jerk store called and they're running out of you" isn't really an effective comeback lol.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    The worst thing someone said to me was at Wal-Mart a few years ago. I was walking down one of the aisles toward one of the main aisles and I paused to see if someone was coming before pulling out into the aisle- and you know how sometimes you inadvertently make eye contact with someone in passing? Well I caught this teenage girl's eye (who was being pushed in a cart by who I assume is her boyfriend and another girl is walking with them) and I guess that was just too damn daring of me and not my place to assume the privilege of making eye contact with her and she says "it's called face soap you fat f**k and there's diet pills in the pharmacy too." (This was either right before or just after I had started taking accutane.) I was just shocked- I can't imagine a situation where I'd ever say something like that to someone even in a fight- let alone unprovoked!

I shouldn't have let it bug me but I cried the whole way back from the store. She's the one who should have been crying and felt ashamed. I had a whole bunch of good responses later- but at the time I was so shocked I couldn't react. And we all know that pulling a George Costanza "jerk store called and they're running out of you" isn't really an effective comeback lol.

That's horrible. And how awful for her to have so little confidence in herself that she felt she had to belittle you in front of others in an attempt to make herself look better and win approval. People like this must have such unhappy lives. :flowerforyou:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Either I have a horrible memory and can't remember anyone saying these things to me, or people are afraid of what might happen if they try and exercise even the most remote form of control over my diet.
  • CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I was talking to my father over the phone and was mentioning that i was having drinks with friends. Hes reponse; "dont drink its empty calories and it will make you fat" my answer; " oh yeah so whos lost 90 pounds so far?'
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend's mom (the only person who ever says rude things to me) once came to a restaurant with us and she was a little late. She saw that I had a soda and said to me "Do you really think you need that soda? You don't need to gain anymore weight!" It was diet soda, by the way (shall I brace myself for the "diet soda will kill you!!!" people now?)
  • TraceyG1971
    TraceyG1971 Posts: 123
    Options
    I guess the worst thing that was ever said to me wasn't while I was eating anything...so not really a food-police situation. But, anyway, I was working at a convenience store that had a drive-thru window and a drunk guy pulled up. I asked him what it was he needed and he told me....it just so happened we were out of what he wanted. Well he decided to start behaving like an a** and then asked me for something else...that we had and I got it and then told him his total. He then hands me the money and proceeds to tell me that I am incompetent for not having what it was he wanted to begin with. I had enough of his rude behavior and told him that I have the right to refuse service to anyone and I am refusing service to him for his rudeness. I handed him back his money and closed the window only to hear him yelling and calling me a "fat b**ch" and oinking at me. I actually looked at him and laughed. During all of this, his wife is in the passenger seat telling him to shut up and stop being so rude....lol
  • winterswish
    winterswish Posts: 162
    Options
    Not exactly "food policing" but I was in a group setting where we had to introduce ourselves with some interesting fact and I couldn't think of anything. Someone suggested I say my favorite food to which the group facilitator and self identified fat-phobic said, "I bet it's not cottage cheese." :indifferent:
    This post reminded me of Fat Fighters on Little Britain!

I just looked it up...yep. Pretty much like that.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I was out to eat, I ordered a salad, french fries, and veggie burger (am a vegetarian). Waiter comes with my food, I eat most of it then order a 2person dessert, and he goes "Wow, haven't you had enough?"

That's when you ask the rude waiter to go get the manager. "I need to discuss my next food choice with your manager. I'm sure that he will be happy to recommend a different restaurant for dessert."
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I was snacking on a bag of chips when I was about 25 weeks pregnant with my son in 2009 and I had someone ask me

"Wow, are you pregnant? or just getting chubby?"

I told him "nope. I'm just fat thanks"