Weigh-ins

Options
How often do you weigh-in?
I'm struggling with staying away from the scale just to be let down by the number not changing.

Thinking about doing once a week?

Replies

• ChelleBalady
    Options
    I am doing 1 time a week at my nutritionist office same scale. I know many people say not to weigh yourself all the time and I agree, but I feel like I have been able to keep on track weighing in once a week. :happy:
  • LeeLeeLooLoo51812
    LeeLeeLooLoo51812 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I feel like once a week is a great thing. I was weighing in almost daily :/ threw me off track when I didnt see the number I wanted to see. I almost decided to weigh in once a month, but I dont think thats a good idea!
  • bradley8161984
    Options
    Once a week at the most. Your body constantly changes and even more so when you change your diet and exercise. Remember just because a scale spits a number out at you doesn't mean you're not making positive changes to your body. All weighing yourself constantly is gonna do is bring discouragement. Every 10 days would be good too.
  • nornyb
    nornyb Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of an obsessive personality, so I don't weigh very often. In fact, the batteries in my scale need to be replaced and I keep forgetting to buy them, so I have not weighed in over 1 month. I judge my progress by how my clothes are fitting and how I am performing at the gym.
  • LeeLeeLooLoo51812
    Options
    Im obsessor as well. I obsess over how many calories I've eaten and how many calories ive burned (I have a bodybugg for that) and I obsess over how much I weigh. Its tough, but maybe I can get myself to just weigh in once a week instead of every other day!
  • nornyb
    Options
    Im obsessor as well. I obsess over how many calories I've eaten and how many calories ive burned (I have a bodybugg for that) and I obsess over how much I weigh. Its tough, but maybe I can get myself to just weigh in once a week instead of every other day!

Try weaning off slowly......weigh every 3rd day for a week, then every 5th, then go to once a week. And put your scale away somewhere where you can't see it so you are less likely to be tempted. I hide mine in the bathroom closet underneath the towels.
  • CJD85
    CJD85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My scales are at work so I dont have that urge to check every 5 minutes. I weigh myself just before my session on a friday morning. I started that way and so its my weekly ritual..... helps me track progress and keep ontop of my goal. means I can also adjust week to week with what my intake and output is.......
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what suits you. I prefer to weigh daily, and then I EXPECT to not have lost, or to see a gain now and then due to normal fluctuations. Then instead of looking at two weights, I look at the chart for the month, or the past 3 months. I'm a slow loser and I often wouldn't see any progress if I weighed once a week, whereas weighing daily I don't get disappointed because I know it's too short a time to see any progress! But I know this doesn't suit most people.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Daily, I find it helps to understand my fluctuations.
  • LeeLeeLooLoo51812
    Options
    I have a bathroom scale which is highly inaccurate and than I have my wii fit (Which I cant hide because I use it for the biggest loser workout)
    I HAD to weigh myself today, I couldnt take it anymore.
    But I'm trying for once a week or at least every 3-4 days for awhile.
  • nornyb
    Options
    Is your wiifit on carpet? If so you will not be getting an accurate weight because any scale should be on a hard surface.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i weigh daily but only log it when it drops down into the next kg zone. so 92.1 and 92.9 is still 92. it works for me. that way i don't obsess as much about miniscule amounts.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Ehh every 2 weeks. I measure every week - I think this number is more important than the number on the scale.
  • Cortni28
    Cortni28 Posts: 2
    Options
    I think weighing yourself once a week is ok .. I should listen to my own advice because I'm on the scale almost everyday..lol
  • Itza85
    Itza85 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do it every week, just love watching that number get lower and lower :)
    There's a scale at the gym where I live, that's also where I do all my cardio. Just looking at that scale pushes me to work harder and harder :)
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily at the same time and track my seven day rolling average weight. This helps me smooth out the daily variations due to water weight fluctuations etc. I estimate my body fat percentage once per month based on the average of my skin caliper and Omron Body Fat Analyzer results.
  • leotardbanshee
    leotardbanshee Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    people say don't weigh yourself every day, i do, i don't care what anyone says, if i don't weigh myself every day i can't see the effects of what i eat. also i am realistic and understand that body weight can fluctuate up to 5 pounds a day depending on food and hydration, but if it discourages you then don't do it so often, just do it the same time under the same conditions. also i have a scale with a body fat percentage monitor and i think that is a lot more important to me than my weight :)
  • ShanShan722
    Options
    I feel like once a week is just right. It's often enough to see your progress, but not so often you become obsessed with an arbitrary number.
  • LoveCR22
    LoveCR22 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily.. and take a scale photo with whatever weight it shows, they have their own photobucket album :blushing:

But just logging my weight on Fridays.
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think it's up to you. Will it bother you to see those normal ups and downs if you weigh daily? If sp, don't do it. I weight pretty much every day but only record on Fridays. I don't get obsessive about it. If I find I do, I put the scale away for a while. No one should tell you how and when to weigh in, you have to figure out what works for you. I also take measurements once a month. That really can be a better way - especially if you aren't seeing movement on the scale. We really can get too focused on the # on the scale.