How much WATER do you drink?

Options

Replies

• CrystalDreams
    CrystalDreams Posts: 418 Member
    Options

I find it weird when I see people drinking 15+ glasses, why would you need so much. Too much of anything can end up being bad for you.

Climate, exercise, height, weight, body composition all play a role in how much water a person needs. I went to a wilderness program where I had to drink 8 liters of water a day. It was in the desert and we were hiking mile upon mile a day. Of course you can overdose with water but usually drugs are involved for that and the way to counter balance it is eat more salt.

I hate to say it but you came across as very judgmental and petty. I would suggest doing a little research before jumping to conclusions.:flowerforyou:
  • elaineirene84
    elaineirene84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I average about 20-22 a day. I drink a 24oz bottle at work and fill it about 6 times and drink at least another 24 oz when I work out in the evening. I go to the bathroom a lot, my co-workers are used to it now. I work for a water company so I have about 4 water coolers nearby my desk so I always have access. At home, that is a different story, I try to get at least 8 on weekends.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Around 4litres a day.
  • bigphatcat
    bigphatcat Posts: 7,843 Member
    Options
    One of my friends asked me because I never log it. So yesterday I counted. I drank 208 ounces of water yesterday. This is a typical day for me. I have always drank a lot of water
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    17 glasses at 12oz a day or there about

EDIT: Holy, that is 5.7L a day :|
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Yes, you will go to the hopper alot, but after awhile your body adjusts. In the winter I am generally 12-17 and in the spring/summer 18-25.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    It depends on if I am at work or not. I drink more water at work to help curve boredom cravings. So those days I drink about 6-8 16oz water bottles. On days I am off work, I don't drink nearly as much...maybe 4 bottles.
  • justmyalias
    justmyalias Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I can't drink as much in winter, prefer to drink tea to keep warm lol. So winter 4-6 glasses, summer 6-10 glasses.

I find it weird when I see people drinking 15+ glasses, why would you need so much. Too much of anything can end up being bad for you.

half my body weight in oz of water is 117oz, I drink a little more than that what's the big deal? Why do you care?

why the attitude??

it's called water intoxication or water poisoning - it's highly unlikely, but just as bad as dehydration
  • Apyl32
    Apyl32 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I keep a 2 cup water bottle with me at all time. I fill it at least 10 to 12 times a day if not more. I drink nothing else but water. But for me thats normal, except I've upped the amount I drink. I've always prefered water anyway.
  • staciedee10
    staciedee10 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I shoot for a gallon of water a day. The best way to do this is to plan the day out so you will not be overly consumed with water at one time having to run to the bathroom all of the time. Here is how I do it...

One 16 oz. water every hour & half (have four or five 16 oz. waters at work)

Two or three 16 oz. waters during & after workout

One 16 oz. water with dinner & then stop so I will not have to pee during the night.
  • mcg6242
    mcg6242 Posts: 84
    Options
    I try my best to drink at least 10 (8oz) glasses a day =)
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday I drink on average about 15 glass of water a day. On the weekends it's less because I'm moving around more and it's not right at my fingertips all day.

^^^ Same for me. :smile:
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I aim for 64 oz a day (my weight divided by 2)... and yeah for the first day or two you are in the bathroom... but after that, it's not so bad.
  • WHR200
    WHR200 Posts: 20
    Options
    I drink about 8 to 10 cups per day.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I have a metal bottle that's probably 16-20oz I'm guessing. I fill it once an hour when I get up to use the bathroom from the last fill up. It's a good chance to get up and stretch for a couple minutes. Who wants to sit at a desk for 8 straight hours right?
  • ekaustin7
    ekaustin7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have a 24 oz. Camelbak that I keep at my side at all times when I'm at work. I drink about 4 of them per day, not including what I drink when I exercise.
  • fitnesspree
    Options
    My daily intake of water is usually 2 litres. And I am planning to increase my intake by another litre.

:-)
  • bubbaduts
    bubbaduts Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My sister purchased me the hydracoach and it tells me how much water i need to drink for my height and weight. I need to drink 90 ounces to stay hydrated so i drink at least that. Plus i drink 4-5 glasses of green tea while at work. For anyone struggling with staying hydrated i definately recommend the hydracoach
  • massage_gal
    massage_gal Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I follow the "divide your weight by 2, and that's how many fl oz of water you should drink a day" thing!
    so I TRY to drink 83floz a day. it is HARD. I know this sounds strange, but I find cold water to be nauseating. I can only drink it at room temperature! but when it comes to milk or juice or any other drink, I prefer it to be ice cold. how about them apples? ha!

oh, and when I first started drinking the proper amount of water a day, I was peeing every 5 minutes! it does subside though :)

I am so with you on the cold water thing. I get my water and then let it sit so I can have it room temperature. I try to hit at least 8 glasses a day and I do go to the bathroom alot but I just think of it as a positive; more exercise:laugh:

I drink about 12 cups of water a day, I keep a 16oz. glass next to me, and fill it up, letting it warm up to room temperature. I usually down it all in a few gulps. I don't go to the bathroom all day, only in the morning when I drink my coffee. I don't know why, but I never have. Maybe once an hour at the most, but that's about it.

I found a chart online that shows how much you weigh and how much you should be drinking. The extra water helps me to lose more weight, and if you are going over or even near your sodium intake of the day, you should be adding much more.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I live in the Desert. The idea of water as related to weight loss doesn't even enter my mind. I drink water to avoid Heat Stroke. I really really really hate fainting in front of people. I don't count or log my water intake though. I just drink constantly. But I also don't "only" count water. It's not about actual H2O to me, it's about fluids. So juice, fruit, soup, tea, lemonade, OJ, milk...it all counts. Obviously, it also counts as calories. But that's how I maintain my fluids so I do get Heat Stroke. Cuz Heat Stroke and Heat Exhaustion really suck.