Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...what was her name again?
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    crablegs i guess. Im not a foodie but if i had to pick a last meal itd be crablegs
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Lawry's Prime Rib Restaurant in Vegas has some pretty fantastic prime rib that come in a close 2nd to my Ahi Tuna.

They are a chain. My husband and i went to their chicago location for our anniversary last year. It was good!
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I saw this show on the Food Network that has different chefs talk about their favorite meal they ever had. So, what's yours?

Mine - a local restaurant has an ahi tuna shrimp scampi with green beans and a potato medley on the side. i had to tell myself to eat slower so i could really enjoy the taste of it.

That show led my friend and I to a place called Serious Pie in Seattle. The mushroom and truffle "pizza" was amazing!

Aside from that, you'd have to pry my sisters homemade huckleberry jam from my cold, dead hands!
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    There's been many memorable occasions, but the last one was a shore lunch of pickerel and wild mushrooms that I foraged in the area with my mates and a few beers.
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Quick and simple, but EASILY the best thing I've ever tasted: Chicken Tortilla Soup from the Hungry Happy Healthy fitness blog!!!
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Chicken Pad Thai or Spicy Salmon Maki Sushi! :)
  • corneredbycorn
    corneredbycorn Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    A steak in Paris that was practically still mooing. It was so tender and flavorful. I wasn't asked how to cook it, which was expected, and I'm glad they didn't. Anything I would have said would have ruined it.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I saw this show on the Food Network that has different chefs talk about their favorite meal they ever had. So, what's yours?

Mine - a local restaurant has an ahi tuna shrimp scampi with green beans and a potato medley on the side. i had to tell myself to eat slower so i could really enjoy the taste of it.

That show led my friend and I to a place called Serious Pie in Seattle. The mushroom and truffle "pizza" was amazing!

Aside from that, you'd have to pry my sisters homemade huckleberry jam from my cold, dead hands!

Man vs. Food on the travel channel led us to Matt's Bar in Minneapolis to try one of their Jucy Lucys... ahhh-mazing
  • laurengaugler
    laurengaugler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Made from scratch mushroom ravioli with a pesto and pine nut cream sauce, diced tomatoes, spinach, onion and topped with fried leeks paired with a nice chardonnay. Totally not healthy, but sinfully delicious. Got it at Tony's Restaurant in Disney's Magic Kingdom. Disney has some amazing food and many of my best meals are from there.
  • cnlargent
    cnlargent Posts: 199 Member
    Options

Man vs. Food on the travel channel led us to Matt's Bar in Minneapolis to try one of their Jucy Lucys... ahhh-mazing

I had been there before the episode airs on the reccomendation of my best friends brother, but good lord thats a good burger.

The best thing I ever ate, the first thing that came to mind was the prime rib at Walter Payton's Roundhouse in Aurora, IL. Perfect.
  • vivele8
    vivele8 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Chocolate zucchini bread french toast with spiced walnuts and homemade whipped cream. Stonefly brunch in Milwaukee WI. Whoot whoot!
  • witeowl
    witeowl Posts: 89
    Options
    There was a restaurant in San Diego that made the best barbecue. It was originally called Skewers and then it became Savory-Q . It wasn't the normal bbq, and I've never been able to find anything like it. It's somewhat sweet and sour and very greasy. I've tried looking for similar taste in Chinese, Hawaiian, and other restaurants to no avail. After I moved away from San Diego, I'd still go there whenever I visited family. It was a bit of an annual pilgrimage. Sometimes I'd even get a bunch, freeze it, and bring it back home with me. The restaurant survived many changes in ownership, but the latest owners changed the entire menu and recipe. I'm still very, very sad about it.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    ugh she was a beauty
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My mom's salmon with smoked veggies and white rice. Yummmmm
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    ugh she was a beauty

Don't talk about our private life on here. :angry:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know in August.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Craft Steak house in Las Vega Wagyu Filet Minon

Same, it cost me $260 for just the steak but damn was it good!
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Right now, my mind immediately goes to the BBQ pulled pork pizza my husband brought us home from We the Pizza in DC after a business trip. One of the owners, Spike, is one of our 12 year old's favorite celebrity reality chefs. (We watch lots of food shows!) So, as a treat, my husband ordered a pizza from his place to surprise her with. It made the trip home in a suitcase quit well! (He picked the pulled pork because she loves BBQ por/ribs/McRib, etc.) oh. My. Goodness, I'm not a huge fan of pork, but it was TOO DIE FOR delicious! It is the most recent "Holy Crap, that's good!" thing I've had.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'll let you know in August.

FOR. THE. FRUCKING. WIN.

And you know it will be. :wink: