Peanut Butter

Options
I have a real problem with peanut butter. I only eat the all natural (2 ingredients, peanuts and salt) however I can sit and eat 1/4 cup at a time. I figured this out when I started weighing the jar before and after my trips to the cupboard. I love peanut butter and it is good for you but even I know this is ridiculously excessive. Almond butter is not a substitute, I've tried this. Suggestions?

Replies

• CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    I have a real problem with peanut butter. I only eat the all natural (2 ingredients, peanuts and salt) however I can sit and eat 1/4 cup at a time. I figured this out when I started weighing the jar before and after my trips to the cupboard. I love peanut butter and it is good for you but even I know this is ridiculously excessive. Almond butter is not a substitute, I've tried this. Suggestions?

I... i mean... stop? Use a tablespoon and take two scoops worth, put the lid back on, and put it away...

self control is part of this.
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter!

I recently started buying "Better'n" and spread it on a plain rice cake.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I've been turned on to PB2. It's a powdered peanut butter with hecka less calories. Not the same as real peanut butter, but takes care of the craving.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Are you high?

Why would you ever want to stop eating peanut butter?
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Gonna go eat a spoonful now...
  • triggsta
    triggsta Posts: 140
    Options
    Get PB2 and realize that you could have 8 tbsps of PB2 for the same amount of calories as 2 tbsps of regular peanut butter.

Or don't buy peanut butter period. If it's not in the house, you can't go snack on it unless you're willing to leave your house and make a trip to the store.
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with peanut butter I'd rather cut my arm off then give it up. I take my 2 tablespoons then put it back on the top shelf. Moderation is the name of the game.
  • leigh0416
    leigh0416 Posts: 29
    Options
    I love Peanut Butter too!!! So, I started using PB2, they have it in both regular flavor and chocolate!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    1/4 Cup? Rookie.
  • hedwardsb
    hedwardsb Posts: 201 Member
    Options

I... i mean... stop? Use a tablespoon and take two scoops worth, put the lid back on, and put it away...

self control is part of this.

Agreed. If I sit eat straight from the jar, I'm in trouble. I find I can make a satisfying snack sandwich or coat a banana with 1 tablespoon. And even if you did love almond butter, calorie & fat wise it's not a trade it out & pig down food. It's a tablespoon for tablespoon switch.
  • fatgirljessica
    Options
    Are you high?

Why would you ever want to stop eating peanut butter?

Generally being high makes you wanna eat not stop...
    Are you high? lol

You have to have self control, only having a serving. Unless you just want to get rid of the PB all together...
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Measure and stick to it. You could also try tahini its nice...similar texture but i would say a "harsher" taste (still nice tho)
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter is my favorite food!!
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    For ppl saying pb2...it's not the same. At least not to me. Just use self control. stop at 2 tbsp
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    if you can't control yourself, stop buying it.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    One of the top items in my home! :love:
  • CrisAlex
    CrisAlex Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Just eat it in moderation. But I know what you mean - it is sooooo good!
  • Bane81
    Bane81 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Some days I'll eat max 2 tbsp of natural peanut butter usually on toast or whole wheat waffles. Just reduce your intake a little bit, the benefits of peanut butter are very good. I'd recommend just getting a brand that is just peanuts, no added salt or sugar. Sometimes I'll go buy bulk unsalted peanuts and make my own with bits of peanuts in it to give it that chunky style texture.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Make room for it or measure it and put the rest away.
  • funhouse77
    funhouse77 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    There are 2 foods I refuse to live without. Peanut Butter and Chocolate. Both are high in calories, but healthy in moderate amounts. There is no substitute for either, as far as I'm concerned.

So I have 3 choices:

Don't eat it, don't have it in the house, don't buy it, then there is no temptation.

or

Keep eating as much of it as I want and stay fat.

or

Learn to have it in moderate amounts. - I choose this. I'm not giving up my favourite foods. ever.