what's the dirtiest place in your house?

Options
kaekencoffee
kaekencoffee Posts: 81 Member
Okay, let's get honest here so we can ALL have clean homes! What the dirtiest place in your home?

For me, I HAVE to clean the ventilation fans in the bathrooms and the intake fan cover for the furnace. Look up and to the side to see the dust!

Replies

• gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    My bed eaaaahhh...
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    looks like another thread I probably cant participate in
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    probably my mind ( stealing from frank zappa)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    When the fiances home? Everywhere ;) bowchicabawa

In reality all the surfaces are dust magnets, our home is close to the road... and the basement is scary.
  • LaurySch
    LaurySch Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    All the window sills, gah - dead bugs, dirt/dust frozen and melted off, spider webs. Ick. Sounds like I live in a log cabin, but I'm in the basement of a split level so all my windows are level with the ground!
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Probably in the aircon
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    All of it.
  • SerenaFisher
    Options
    All the window sills, gah - dead bugs, dirt/dust frozen and melted off, spider webs. Ick. Sounds like I live in a log cabin, but I'm in the basement of a split level so all my windows are level with the ground!
    I have to vacuum mine out weekly... :( but working ocernights the bodies have started to build.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    My mind - which is at home right now.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    It's the bed believe it or not.

Sleeping in your bed for 6+ hours a night causes dead skin to go through the sheets and onto the top of your mattress. But it's not the skin that's the issue, it's the dust mites that eat it for food. Then they defecate and for many that's what may be their cause for asthma and allergies.
    So do a good deep cleaning of your mattress occasionally.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Kitty litter box- even when freshly emptied, you know where its been.........
  • kaekencoffee
    Options

Sleeping in your bed for 6+ hours a night causes dead skin to go through the sheets and onto the top of your mattress. But it's not the skin that's the issue, it's the dust mites that eat it for food. Then they defecate and for many that's what may be their cause for asthma and allergies.

IDEA Fitness member

Okay, now going to vacuum the mattress and boxspring! Thanks for that!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I have one of those allergen covers for my mattress that I wash probably twice a week so I'm good lol. (I actually have them on all my pillows too for the same reason)

I think mine is the laundry room. Ugh. Can't seem to keep it clean an organized no matter how much laundry I do...
  • kaekencoffee
    Options

OMG, and then, when laying in bed, they come up to your face! If their paws touch you, WHERE HAVE THE PAWS BEEN???? I have small dogs that I think the same thing about. They have a litter box....
  • sweetpeaz12345
    sweetpeaz12345 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Probably my brand new front load washer.... if i dont do laundry over a couple days there is a rotten smell that comes from it.. kinda disappointing lol
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Hopefully it's the bedroom if you're doing things right ;)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    Probably my brand new front load washer.... if i dont do laundry over a couple days there is a rotten smell that comes from it.. kinda disappointing lol
    Leave the door open to air dry it. It's mildew, but can be controlled by a cleaning solution once a month. Tide makes it.

IDEA Fitness member
  • SerenaFisher
    Options

OMG, and then, when laying in bed, they come up to your face! If their paws touch you, WHERE HAVE THE PAWS BEEN???? I have small dogs that I think the same thing about. They have a litter box....
    My small dog eats my cats poo... then so does my big dog. Pretty nasty. I love them all but I think my kitty is cleaner. His breath definitely smells better
  • Jennaissance
    Options
    I have one room with carpet. Recently I was being OCD and vacuumed it repeatedly and slowly for about a half hour. It never stopped filling up with a very fine, brown powder. Ew! I guess that is whatever the dog tracks in plus dust mite leftovers! Even the dogs bed is cleaner (it's filled with scrap fleece so the entire deal can be washed). Someone needs to make a fortune by making a type of carpet you can pick up and put in the washing machine and then reassemble.
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    my mind