For girls who are 5 feet tall, what is your weightloss goal?

Options

Replies

• bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Im 5 foot and my starting weight was 188 and i am now 178.started mfp 5 weeks ago.my goal weight is 120 maybe 115.for my age and heigh they say i should be 100 but i cant see me that small
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'1 and I'm 124 lbs and would like to get down to 114 lbs., maybe 110 lbs. I was about 100 lbs when I got married 21 years ago, but now that I'm older I don't think I'd look good at 100 anymore.
  • dmcb24
    dmcb24 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 5" currently 125 lbs down from 132. My goal is 110. I haven't seen that number in a loooooooonnnnnnnggggg time.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    currently:

height: 5'1"
    weight: 130lb
    lean body mass: approx 101lb
    body fat percentage: approx 22%

goal:

lean body mass: 105lb (or more, if I can)
    body fat percentage: 18-20%
    weight: wherever it happens to be when I achieve this

Additionally, how I look in the mirror and how much I can bench, squat and deadlift counts for more than the actual numbers. The numbers are a guide to steer me in the right direction.
  • Kath1391
    Kath1391 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm aiming for 119 pounds,I was that weight four years ago & I looked very healthy :)
  • shortie1am
    Options
    I'm 5'0. Currently in the 170s with a goal of 140. After that I get there I may reevaluate but I'm more concerned with being healthy than a certain weight.
  • butteredbagel
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and feel best at 105...
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to know what other girls who are 5 feet tall are aiming for as far as a weight loss goal. Mine is back to being 105 and I think its a good goal. I talk to other girls who are aiming for less than 100. I'm curious to know what other girls 5 feet tall are aiming for.

I'm 4ft 11.

I am more interested in a body fat number than a scale weight number.

I currently have a lean mass of 101lbs - so aiming for a bodyfat % orather than a scale number.

Assuming I can keep as much of my lean mass as possible
    25% Bodyfat gives me a target of 135.
    20% gives me a target of 125

105 would be impossible as that would give me a BF% of 5% which is unhealthy and practically impossible.
  • CatLadyyy
    CatLadyyy Posts: 102
    Options
    5'2 and reached my goal of 105!
  • icmuse
    icmuse Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I am 37 y.o. 5 feel tall and medium frame. My goal is 120 - 20% body fat - so lean and very muscular.

At my lowest I was 98 - 19 y.o. - too small
    In my twenties I was around 113 - muscular and it looked real good.
    In my thirties my lowest was 117 - I felt too small.

I feel like older I get, I need more "meat" on my bones to feel good :happy:
  • incitata
    incitata Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm 34 & 5 feet tall. I'm currently 113.5 and my original goal weight was at 110, but I'm not too wedded to that number. I'm more interested in toning and improving my strength so I can do more challenging yoga poses, really.

When I was a teenager, I weighed about 95 lbs but looking back, that was too small and it was hard to find clothes that fit me properly!
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and I'm looking at being a strong solid 100 lbs. I was there 4 1/2 years ago and was smokin! So I would like to go back but I'm ok at 110-115 :)
  • jrobinson143
    jrobinson143 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11" so i'm a tad shorter than most of you. After my pregnancy I was 155!! I've been working with a trainer and am focused on my body fat %, different from BMI. So for those of you who check the BMI its a good guess but you really should have the body fat % checked. My current weight is 130 and would like to lose another 10 to be around 120. My ULTIMATE goal is to have my body fat down to 20%. I've always been muscular and can't forsee being 100lbs. Muscle is good for many reasons, it will keep you strong, protect your bones, and it burns more calories than fat (so more yummy food)!
  • Tabby1216
    Tabby1216 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and currently weigh 168. Down from 188. My goal right now is 135 ish. I was 143 after having my twins and looked great, besides the extra "twin skin" around my belly. My body shape has definitely changed with having kids, so I am not sure I want to go much below my goal weight. Once I reach my goal weight, I will re-assess and go from there.
  • paulinegrant01
    paulinegrant01 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • liya368
    liya368 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for 120. I am turning 47 this year and I think age might make a difference. I will see how I look when I get down to 120 and take it from there.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and trying for 115.. I have only 2.5 pounds to go. The smallest I have been in my adult life is 113. Even in high school, i was in the 130's and that was 20 years ago..
  • ASH0502
    ASH0502 Posts: 19
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5" and I'm currently looking to get down to 115. I'll reevaluate once I'm there but there was a time pre-pregnancy that I was 112 (with no real fitness or muscle) and I was happy with my size. I think 115 with some good muscle on me might be the ticket. Once I'm there I can see if another 5lbs will make me feel better. I think fat% will be more of a focus once I get down there than number on a scale.

I'm at 125.5 right now and I see a lot of areas that need improvement.
  • metermaid11
    metermaid11 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am slightly taller at 5'2". I started at 236 after I had my son. I am currently at 212 and my first goal is 150 with an eventual goal of 130. I have never been small, and I think I would look strange any smaller than that. I would like to keep my shape, just a smaller version of it.
  • GinaPonce
    Options
    i'm 150 right now but i was 105 in my late teens and early 20s. I'm going for 135 right now but my ultimate goal would be 115lbs