How much did you lose before somebody noticed?

Options
I know everybody is different but I am just curious. :happy:

Replies

• spammy4145
    spammy4145 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I had lost about 15lbs before someone said to me, "you look like you're losing weight."
  • nickpdesign
    nickpdesign Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Family noticed around 20lbs, but most people are starting to notice now that i'm about 30lbs loss.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    about 15-20 pounds and then people at church started talking when it was like 30 pounds
  • dramallamaduck
    dramallamaduck Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My family noticed around 20 lost... No one else has really said anything yet.
  • jaynita2
    jaynita2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Around 20 lbs. but a little longer for my hubby b/c we are always around each other.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    15-20 for me as well. Its harder for people who see you everyday to notice because they are small subtle changes...people who don't see you that often however (for me anyway) tended to notice right away. "Oh you've lost weight since I saw you last."
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    My mom/boyfriend noticed around 10-15lbs, but no one else has said anything, and I'm always skeptical of those two just saying something to make me feel good :ohwell:
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    Family noticed after about 40 or so then everyone after like 60
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    People only started commenting after the first stone (14lb). But I did get a lot of comments before then about how well I was looking.
  • triguy78
    triguy78 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me it was at 30 pounds lost (which just happened recently), and suddenly it was like somebody flipped a switch and people everywhere have been asking me about my weight loss. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever notice! I never lost the weight for vanity, but it feels good to be noticed.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    20 lbs in 2011

Gained it back in 2012
  • sgcadola
    sgcadola Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My general rule is: It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a difference, 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world.
    I lost 5 lbs in 4 weeks no one noticed.. Then at the end of my 8th week I lost another 5 and people began to notice.. It's hard when they see you everyday. But for people who haven't seen you in a while will notice right away!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    20lbs. Could have done with the extra motivation around the 9-10lb loss but at the end of the day I'm doing this for myself and my kids :o)
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This frustrates me!!! I was just talking to hubby about it last night. I wasn't overly large to start with...but it seems like I have to hit goal before people will say anything. But, hubby loses the same amount as me and everyone is like "Oh wow, you have lost weight"..and I just sit in the corner and be jealous..lol
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    People are just starting to notice now - 17lbs down :smile:
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    About 15 pounds my family started noticing. I also think they were just being nice and couldn't think of anything else to say though because it was a within the first month of my breakup with my now ex-boyfriend.
  • fearlesskcl
    fearlesskcl Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Around 10-15 pounds for me!!!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Around 30 pounds before someone randomly noticed. I get it a lot more often now, along with "you don't need to lose more", I tell them I am 13 pounds OUTSIDE what is normal for my height and they don't beleive me, I tend to walk away from these conversations :smile:
  • Tyggress73
    Tyggress73 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    People noticed on me after only about 5 - 10 pounds, because I lost 9 inches overall. Lots of weight training, so I got small pretty quickly, even though I didn't drop actual pounds very fast. I'm still only 12 pounds down since starting, but I'm 11+ inches down now, so I look like I've lost a lot more than that....
  • JustMQ
    JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    About 15lbs but people are still commenting even though I haven't lost any for a long time. I owe it to running and lifting! I may not be losing weight, but I'm losing inches.