5'9 and taller ladies

Options

Replies

• RThompson35
    Options
    Regarding pounds, I think the ideal weight for a medium build (bone structure) woman who measures 5'9" is 145 lbs. I believe it's 5 lbs for every inch over 5'. (5' tall woman's ideal weight is 100 lbs) (Ideal weight range is plus or minus 10 lbs.)

You'll also want to keep body fat % in a healthy range also.

Women Essential fat - 0–13% Athletes - 14–20% Fitness - 21–24% Average - 25–31% Obese - 32%+
  • fitmelinda7
    fitmelinda7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Woooohooo! I have found my sisters...I knew you guys were out there somewhere! :)

I'm 5"11" I just started working on my weight loss. I know I have over 100 lbs to lose. I was thinking I would have to watch my body fat % to figure out my healthy weight. I was 204 in 8th grade that's the smallest I remember being since middle school. I am pear shaped with an athletic build - I assure you it's under there somewhere! :wink:

I originally thought 180 would be a good goal........now I think 165 or lower. Honestly, I have never been small so I couldn't guess.

Feel free to add me too....have a great day! :)
  • PeriEP
    PeriEP Posts: 4
    Options
    I am 5'9" and was around 125 - 130 most of my adult life. Well, fast-forward to a sedentary job, menopause, a LOVE of cooking and food and hello 180! I was at 150 about 3 years ago and that is my current goal. If I can get there, then I will keep working to get to 135 with muscles!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was over 400 pounds when I started and would like to get down to 175-180 anything lower and I look like a drug addict. Bahahahahaha! I would love to have some tall women that can relate to the fact that we all don't want to weigh 120 pounds. Please feel free to add me.
  • bell_e
    bell_e Posts: 1
    Options
    I am 5'9. It is hard to decide for others what is a good weight. I started at 272 and am down to 226. I want to be about 170, but mostly I want to feel good in my skin and look and feel healthy.
  • pilarg18
    pilarg18 Posts: 25
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and maintained 150ish for most of my 20s, got sick last year and put on about 20 lbs (red vines may have helped...). I'm at about 165 now and hope to get back to 145-150 and 22% body fat (I'm at 28%ish right now). That puts me at a comfortable size 8-10 in most clothes.

Totally agree on the group idea. Weight loss is just different when you're taller than if you're 5'2"...
  • Imparablelta
    Imparablelta Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Im 5'8 currently at 181 with 34% body fat. I alwas say I'd like to go down to 155 but...can someone help me calculare what my ideal weight should be if what i really want to do is loose body fat?

They say that for women between age 20 and 40, for Athletes your percentage should be 14-20% and Fitness 21-24. So, I'm thinking I should aim for 20-22%, I'm just not sure if i want to do under 155, I dont like looking super thin.

Thanks!

BTW, My highest has been 188.
  • Boocakes08
    Options
    I can't find a group. Maybe someone deleted it.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options

No, it's there. See if this works:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/107-totally-tall-women-of-mfp
  • Bajiggity
    Bajiggity Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 1/2 and I am currently 147 trying to get to 135. I would join a tall girls group, sounds like a great idea. Anyone who like to be friends please send a request, it would be nice to have people with the same statics and goals. I recently came back on here.
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    We should start a tall girls group....seriously! :wink:

There is one
  • SNWilliams13
    Options
    I am 5'10" and my SW was 330lbs, my CW is 305 and my long term GW (for now) is 200lbs. I don't remember being smaller than 230 lbs. Once I get there I will see how I look because I know I will be healthy.
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    There is one, you should join! It is Totally Tall Women of MFP.

OP I am with you. 5'11 here! My goal is about 160. I also have very wide hips as a previous poster said, due to having a 10 lb child the first time around =) Also eventually...maybe once I get to 170 range, I will look into starting a heavy weight lifting program so I won't be skinny-fat =)
  • dimsumkitty
    dimsumkitty Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

Im 5'8 currently at 181 with 34% body fat. I alwas say I'd like to go down to 155 but...can someone help me calculare what my ideal weight should be if what i really want to do is loose body fat?

They say that for women between age 20 and 40, for Athletes your percentage should be 14-20% and Fitness 21-24. So, I'm thinking I should aim for 20-22%, I'm just not sure if i want to do under 155, I dont like looking super thin.

Thanks!

BTW, My highest has been 188.

If you don't gain any muscle from working out, then your goal weight would be 143 - 146 at 20-22% BF :)
  • dawnsjourney
    dawnsjourney Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm am 6' and there is no way I could ever be 150 or lower. My goal is 190, but I am still far FAR away from that.
  • jamiemcdonald1
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is 140. That's what I weighed before I had kids. Currently at 163.
  • becwat21
    becwat21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :) I'm 5'11'' and at my heaviest was probably around 215, but I'm on around 203 now. I've set a target for about 170, because as a lot of people on here have said, I don't want to look too skinny and I have no idea how 170 would look on my frame. Also, fitness is more important to me than my weight, I'd rather be able to run 5k than hit my goal weight, but it would be a nice bonus! :P
  • Lieann22
    Lieann22 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    there's one called Tall girls - I just joined and posted a discussion
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • kellyw036
    kellyw036 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

No, it's there. See if this works:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/107-totally-tall-women-of-mfp

Thank you- this works. Can I say...I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!! :happy: