Clean Eating

Options
Hi everyone!

I'd love for someone to explain to me what clean eating is. I keep seeing this term come up on these boards and don't have a clue what it means. Does it help with the weight loss? Hopefully I don't sound too silly here!

Thanks!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    generally clean is anything unprocessed... but there are differing interpretations depending who you ask...
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    To me "clean eating" is eating all foods closeest to their original state. I do no dairy, sugar and very ltittle meat.

Friend me if you would like to see what i have done to drop 60lbs.

I also recommend watching Forks Over Knives and Hungry for a Change. 2 great flicks on food.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    Nothing refined, processed or pre-packaged.

Protein, whole grain carbs, fruits and vegetables.

Just google clean eating and you will find a ton of information on it.

It makes a huge difference in losing weight and re-shaping your body. I personally cannot succeed at both without it.
  • vklebanova
    vklebanova Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Clean eating refers to avoiding anything that comes in a box.
    It means eating all-natural, organic plant-based foods as the majority of your food.
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Nothing refined, processed or pre-packaged.

Protein, whole grain carbs, fruits and vegetables.

Just google clean eating and you will find a ton of information on it.

It makes a huge difference in losing weight and re-shaping your body. I personally cannot succeed at both without it.

So nothing like milk, or yogurt? I eat a yogurt every day, as it's one of the only snacks that keeps me full enough to tide me over until lunch.

I also have waffles every day for breakfast. XD
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Basically it's when you spray your food with disinfectant before you eat it.

I prefer to eat dirty.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Food consumed in its most natural state, so nothing processed. Fruits, veggies, lean meat, nuts, whole grains... anything from nature. I am not overzealous about it, but I do think it's the best thing to do for your health.
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    Basically it's when you spray your food with disinfectant before you eat it.

I prefer to eat dirty.

Clever, I like that!
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I would never give up my milk & yogurt. Some people do, I don't see the point. I do drink raw or organic milk, though.
  • Cassea7
    Cassea7 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Whole foods..no processed...fruit, veggies, dairy, , chicken, fish, seeds, nuts..There is so much you can do with clean eating and its the way to be HEALTHY and slim.. Some people jsut cut calories and they end up not fueling their bodies to have a healthy sustanable loss. I am shrinking..lost 5 inches off my waist in one month

Food Matters is an excellent dvd..you can watch part of it on youtube..I havent felt this healthy in my entire life..i am 48
  • baileybiddles
    Options
    I would never give up my milk & yogurt. Some people do, I don't see the point. I do drink raw or organic milk, though.

I have a pretty bad calcium defficiency from a medication I am taking so my daily yogurt has sort of become a staple. As for milk, I don't use it too much other than for cereal, but I still can't stand almond milk or soy milk.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    To me "clean eating" is eating all foods closeest to their original state. I do no dairy, sugar and very ltittle meat.

I also recommend watching Forks Over Knives and Hungry for a Change. 2 great flicks on food.

Just watched Hungry for a Change yesterday. It's on Netflix in case anyone is interested.
  • baileybiddles
    Options

Just watched Hungry for a Change yesterday. It's on Netflix in case anyone is interested.

Thank you for sharing that! I will most likely watch it tonight after work!
  • digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I think grass fed beef vs grain/corn fed, pasture raised pigs and chickens from local farms if you can. Lots of veggies, no chemicals or processed foods.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I can't really define it for you because no one really knows what it means. I think it does help you lose weight though. I think it's something about smug, self-satisfaction burning up to 100cal a minute!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    As you can see, there is no effective universal definition.
  • Jeanginter
    Options
    I think yogurt is fine, just do the plain version and add your own fruit. I did that and it makes a huge difference. I make my own now. Pretty simple, and then I strain it to get it more greek-like. If I want it a little sweeter, I add fruit and a little raw honey.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Saran Wrap....some of you will get it some of you wont.
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I consider "clean eating" to be nothing processed or pre-packaged. Clean eating is an attempt to eat foods as close to their natural state as possible. But! there is no single, universal definition.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I can't really define it for you because no one really knows what it means. I think it does help you lose weight though. I think it's something about smug, self-satisfaction burning up to 100cal a minute!

That's preposterous!

Smugness doesn't burn calories.

It's the constant telling everyone else that they need to eat clean that burns up all the calories.